I didn't want to leave you all wondering if I had taken yet another blogging break...but since my last post, life has taken an unexpected turn.
A few of you are already aware that I have been dealing with a health issue that seemed to come upon me out of no where. Let me assure you all that it is not a life threatening situation...but it is a life altering one and one that I wouldn't have expected in a million years.
My husband and I both reeling and very bewildered...and for days it has had me bedridden, miserable and until recently, emotionally -pretty much a wreck.
But I will add that today I feel just a little better...and more than that, I am feeling God close to me.
I admit that when I first heard the news, I was asking, "Why did You let this happen...where are You, Lord? I did absolutely nothing to deserve this..."
But through the many prayers of others as well as my own, I now sense that He is with me...
There are many different illnesses that strike good people...even Christians...and although we will never have all the answers until Heaven (if then...because by then we probably won't even care!) I know that Jesus didn't desert any of us. Sometimes just living in this imperfect world can cause them...sometimes I believe they are even an attack of the enemy...
But never does God desert us....and He is even still in the healing business.
I know I'm not the only Christian to go through similar burdens suddenly thrust on them out of no where...but when you're the one dealing with it, it can certainly feel that way at times.
I am remembering these promises from Jesus...
These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye may have peace. In the world ye have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. ~ John 16:33
...I will never leave thee nor forsake thee. ~ Hebrews 13:5
In my heart, I believe that God will take this bad and turn it into something good. I have seen first hand Him do this at so many times...
This has been such an extremely hard week for me, physically and emotionally, however, so your prayers are so appreciated for both body and spirit.
Blessings,
~Tammy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








27 comments:
Wow, what a shock. I am glad to know you're feeling a bit better and that you've being covered by the love of God. Keep us posted!
Will this affect your ability to home school your girlies?
Tammy, I'll be praying for you. Take care and give it to the Lord!
Blessings and Hugs,
Mandy
Oops!, Leah Kate was signed in above and I didn't realize it.
Mandy
Hi Tammy,
Sorry to hear about this and yes, I am praying for you. It's so nice to hear your perspective even in the midst of pain and not completely understanding the whys of it all.
God is still faithful.
God bless
You are loved and prayed for my friend!
Tammy, I just got home from a trip and saw your note on my last Sunday's blog and came right over. Please e-mail me (my address is on my "about me" page) so I can pray more effectively and contact you privately.
Susan
Hope you get better, mommy!!!
I am praying for you!
Love, Lyssie
Tammy - I will certainly be praying for you and your family. I know how it is to have a diagnosis just leave you reeling. We have had some very difficult health "issues" to deal with in recent years. I confess, that it truly challenged my faith, but I have absolutely found Him faithful.
I pray His peace and presence will bring you great comfort right now. As you just press into Him, He will draw you close. He loves you so very much.
Oh Tammy, I'm so sorry to hear this. You bet I'll be praying for you! Hugs and prayers, my friend!
I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know what I can do to help except offer a prayer up for grace to see you through.
You're such a blessing to me when I visit your blog, that selfishly I want to keep you here, all healthy and happy.
Thank you for sharing so we can pray!!!
Get some good rest! :)
Praying! HUGS being sent. :o)
Tammy, I will be praying for you. What a testimony of your faith in our Lord to serve Him even when.
Blessings
So sorry to hear about the storm you are going through. I heard a good sermon recently (while in OR :) - the pastor said how important it is to praise Him through the storm - not for the storm, but through the storm. You are doing that very well! Praying for continued peace for you and your family.
Tammy,
I just now read your comment on my blog and came over here. I'm praying for whatever the situation is....I'm glad to see that you're feeling some better though! I'll email you!
Blessings,
Tammy
praying for you my friend. May the God of all comfort be ever real to you right now!
Tammy,
I have had the same type of thing happen to me and it is certainly a shock. I remember when I was diagnosed with diabetes. It was a shock. Though it ran in my family I never expected it to happen to me. I watched what I ate and got lots of exercise.
It's been many years since that diagnosis, but I remember the feeling well. I am praying that whatever it is that God will allow you to adapt. Praying for you, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary
Oh Tammy you most certainly have my prayers...for healing and peace and strength...
Hi Ms. Tammy,
I hope and pray you get better soon. I just said a prayer for you. I will continue to pray for you whenever. Thanks for letting us know, and we all feel so bad for you!!!!!!
Love, Joy =D
P.S. Think :D!!!!!!!
Dearest Tammy,
I'm just now catching up after being away for a few days and I'm so sorry to hear that you're dealing with health issues. Please know that my prayers have been added to those of the others. You are so loved and there's no way we'll ever let you go through anything like this alone!! xoxo
I'm so sorry to hear of your health issue and am praying for your healing.
I know from my own health issue in March that we have a lot of wonderful prayer warrior friends in our ever expanding blog circle. Try to keep your focus on the Healer and not the problem.
God bless
I'm so sorry to hear this Tammy. You (and your family) are in my prayers.
Reminds me of the verse that says the Lord allows the rain to fall on the just AND the unjust. We can't choose our circumstances, but we can choose how we react. God bless you and keep you, Tammy, in your journey.
I had to come back and add, this verse from the song Held by Natalie Grant
"This is what it is to be loved and to know
That the promise was when everything fell
We'd be held"
Just heard this favorite, and thought of you and yours, again, God bless you Tammy:)
I will lift you up Tammy. I hope you're feeling a little better now. :~D
Oh my goodness, Tammy.... I have no idea how I missed this post. I am so very sorry and will lift you up in prayer. I hope you are feeling better and that you find comfort and rest.
I hope you are doing better!
Post a Comment