I love to read, and especially inspirational Christian novels which take me into the book, entertain and sometimes help me to feel a little closer to the Lord in the process.
I read so many different authors...many books are in the "light" paperback category, but sometimes I do indulge in the meatier novels.
An author that seems to be in class by herself is Robin Jones Gunn. I discovered her Glenbrook series and from the start, she had a way of just pulling me into her world and both entertaining me and touching my heart. She is also known for her current "Sisterchicks" novel, which I enjoy...but the Glenbrook series will also be the closest to me heart.
A few others whose style I enjoy is Lori Holt and Francine Rivers, among others. Each of the above mentioned authors all have different styles (especially Francine) but each of them are phenomenal story-tellers.
A fairly new author I enjoyed was Denise Hildreth with her first book, "Savannah from Savannah". It's a little over the top, but if you're in the mood for a lot of laughs from the heart of the South, you will probably enjoy this one.
I am very happy to hear some of your thoughts on these and other Christian authors you have (or perhaps haven't) enjoyed. I am always wanting some new recommendations, so please feel free to reply with some of your favorite Christian novels. With summer coming, many of us are on the lookout for a good summertime read!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Yes...I agree. Although for some reason, I'm not personally drawn towards Amish novels, it's for some of the same reasons you mentioned that I loved reading "The Friendly Pursuasion"...plus the beautiful and sometimes humorous style of Jessamyn West's writing is exceptional. I read an excerpt to hubby and he really liked it.
We''l be discussing it in tomorrow's book club and can't wait to hear the thoughts of the other women.
Post a Comment