Well...my first blog...
I kept hearing about these things and finally decided to join in the fun.
A little about myself...
I am over 40 but I sometimes forget this...especially since my children are still small and my youngest has only been potty-trained a little over a year! I'd like to think I look younger than my years, but every year I'm less convinced...oh well!
I am a wife to a sweet guy named Tony these past eleven years, and a homeschool mom of two wonderful children, ages 4 and almost 7. I live in the wet (but currently sunny) northwest, and together we endeavor to love and follow Christ.
I love to write...though finding time is somewhat of a challenge in this season of my life. I am currently working on a novel for the past two years, a little at a time...only one more chapter to go, though!
I love to read...especially Christian fiction- and yes, I admit it- more specifically Christian romance. But I do enjoy non-ficiton and other types of books on occasion. Being a part of a book club has helped to expand my shelves in different directions.
I truly love spring...and sometimes wish I had even more time to stop and smell the tulips. It's one of my very favorite times of year, with the freshness and blossom scents in the air. My prayer is to be able to enjoy the remainder of this spring, even if on some days it's only in special moments captured here and there.
As to the latest news...
As you might guess, we are a typical busy family these days! The girls both have soccer classes and Awana...and my oldest has children's choir...and we, as some of you know, are pretty active in home school activities. But summertime is fast approaching and things may slow down....oh, I forgot. No, we have swimming and gymnastics starting up, Vacation Bible School and...oh, well...at least Mommy is going to be slowing down a bit in the home school time. We're taking the month of June off entirely, and the rest of the summer will consist, learning-wise, of only one morning a week of "school work" and also of exploring and learning about the topic of their choice. (Unless my oldest changes her mind, so far, the topic in July will be horses- mainly because she thinks she'll get to ride one for her "field trip"...we'll see!)
As for me personally...I hope to write a bit more, read even more...and boring as it sounds, catch up on the house-cleaning that so easily got left behind this first year of home schooling! (Well, maybe not completely catch up, but at least gain on it!)
Mostly, I hope to draw closer to the Lord and be used by Him in whatever way He chooses. God bless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment