Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Back from Break- Part 2


It was nice to read your comments and know that I haven't been completely forgotten after my hiatus! I'm still working on catching up with some of you, and hope to visit even more of you this week. But we're on the home stretch of full-time schooling for the year (even though we plan on doing it part time this summer) so blogging is still having to take a bit of a back seat for a bit longer.

Anyway, where did I leave off...Oh yes! The Musical!
After months of choir practices and rehearsals, the middle of May finally arrived...time for the big show at last!


Both of my girls were in the choir...

...but my oldest this year was apart of a choreographed dance team as well as having to do violin solo at the beginning!


Her daddy and I held our breath, but she did just wonderfully. We were so proud of her, not just for performing her best but for being so brave! (I still remember shaking at my piano recitals...)


The musical was entitled "Cool in the Furnace" which showed with music (and a little humor!) how God delivered Daniel's three friends from the fiery furnace after they refused to bow down to the king's idol.
My nine year old
completely loved being apart of one of the two dance groups who periodically did numbers throughout the play!

(She's the is the one on the left.)
Everyone- from the director and choreographer- on down to each of the children- worked so hard and all for just one performance! But I think the final result was all worth it.


In other news, most recently our home school group got to be apart of the audience of a local television show last week. I don't have any pictures to share, but it was fun experience and we did, indeed, get our faces on TV! (But please...no autographs...) ;)

And on Memorial Day, our family escaped to the Oregon coast for a unbelievable warm and beautiful day!

The girls had such a great time frolicking in the waves and building sand castles. Or should I say, helping their daddy design and construct!

My youngest and I enjoyed making "sand turtles" too...

But the most interesting part was taking our lab to the beach for the very first time. Yes, she's been slowly growing out of her eternal adolescences these past few months, but seeing the sand and surf for the very first time made her revert back to a hyper, drooling mass of overgrown puppiness.
Well, it was the sand and surf plus being suddenly transported into what should have been clearly labeled as "dog beach".

It's true...we didn't do apart in her puppyhood about socializing her enough... and were way overdue taking her to the beach. But better late than never, right?

Some folks were letting their dogs off leash, so I followed suit and she was soon wanting to play tag with a dog even larger than herself.
But her lack of social skills were evident, which apparently brought out the aggressiveness in the other dog...and she came frantically whimpering back to me as if to say, "Put that leash thing back on me, pleeeeeeese!"


But later that day, I'm happy to report that she had a great time running free - actually zooming- on the beach and through the tide pools.
And as you can see by this last photo, she was completely tuckered out for her ride back home...
Now, before I forget... For my 3 year blogaversary, I will be doing a little giveaway. I still don't have all the details on the item as of yet, but I hope to let you know both how to enter and what the giveaway is on my very next post! So stay tuned...

and Happy June!

19 comments:

Dawn said...

Feisty was promoted last week and is now in the group that is preparing for a musical about Noah's Ark. She is smiling from ear to ear, she is so excited.

Our dachschund had so much fun at the beach with my folks' same kind of dog - I thought we'd never get him to come back, and he'd just go right into the ocean. We have great video of it - sounds like a great getaway!

Carla said...

What fun!!! The musical AND the beach trip! I bet that was one tired puppy!!

Dawn said...

Pleurisy is inflammation of the lining of the lungs. Awful stuff. You don't hear much about it these days - don't know why she's so lucky!

Ruth said...

Seeing the Ocean in the photos makes me want to go see it, & seeing your doggie makes me want another one of those too
It's been ages since I have been to the Ocean!!. As I mentioned recently, I want to go to the aquarium.

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed catching up on all your news. Your girl's are so pretty and wow they have grown up! I love that you keep them so active. I hope you are doing great.
Blessings. Lisa

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Tammy,

I heard about the violin solo and the show your group was on through Joy! She tells me about her emails from Allyson! It sounds like a very busy time for ya'll! I've missed you bunches though!

The musical looked like so much fun and the dancing looked especially fun! I loved all the pictures!

Thanks for the prayers for Colt too! He's better!

Tammy

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

What fun memories you created last month. :) The beach looks beautiful. Your dog looks ALOT like our dog, Naomi. She is a black lab boarder collie mix. She is almost 11 and is getting very old!!!:(.It's been a LONG time since she acted like a pup!

Enjoy your last week or so of school. My girls finish up next Wed.

Susanne said...

I'd love to take a trip down the Oregon coastline. It looks so beautiful!

The musical looks like so much fun!

green gables girl said...

Yep, May was really fun.
Please just think about letting me be in your giveaway! I might not even win! :)

I love you!
Love, Lyssie

Linda said...

I just finished reading "Marley And Me" so your part about your puppy made me smile big! Isn't it great to visit the ocean. I just love it.
The girls are doing a great job. What an accomplishment to be able to do her violin solo so well. I'm sure I could never do it.
Thanks for you laptop advice. I confess to feeling more confused than ever! One "expert" says one thing that completely contradicts what the last "expert" told you. I've been to so many stores and talked to so many of them. Yikes! I think it will just have to be the best educated guess we can make.

Faith said...

YEAH! i am so glad you left me a comment saying you are back!!
Loved reading all your family happenings. and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of the musical because as you know my youngest, Claire, is involved in our church's HizKidzPraise ministry which performs musicals with music, drama and dance...in fact,,,our upcoming auditions for the Summer Camp are next week! Claire wants to audition for THREE dances plus she has her end of the year dance recital with the Academy of Dance where she takes ballet and even has a ballet solo in that this year (dancing to Coppelia..i mean sections of Coppelia!). I will be back to visit...love your blog!!

Midlife Mom said...

WELCOME BACK! Now that break was entirely too long my dear!!! :o) Actually it's nice to take a break once in a while I may do that myself sometime this summer.

That is one huge dog! What a cutie! He sure looked pooped from playing on the beach all day!

That play looks amazing! What a great experience for your daughters! Oh my and to do a violin solo! I would have been scared to death to do that! Good job girls!!!! I would have been holding my breath too, I still do when my son is doing a presentation and he is 34!! Haha! He had to speak at our Awana closing program and I was a nervous wreck.

Our schools don't get out till June 22 which is sooooooo late I think. Summer is half over here at that date! T and D are going to be going to summer school just for two hours a week to keep their reading skills up. They both are good readers but I guess kids lose a certain percentage of skills over the summer.

Well duty calls so I'm off and running! Again welcome back!!! xoxo

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Tammy:-)

I'm hanging my head in shame for not having come over before this to welcome you back to the blogging world! I haven't been spending much time at the computer lately, much rather be outside, so I'm afraid my blogging visits have suffered!! I'm so glad to see you back, though:-)

How wonderful it must have been to attend the musical with both your daughters being a part of it! It's no wonder you were so proud of them:-)

Loved seeing the beach pictures. Sounds like a perfect Memorial Day to me! I can well imagine how much your dog loved running around...I had to laugh at the picture of her all tuckered out! hehe

Oh Tammy, I'm so happy that your hubby was able to find another job so soon after being let go from his other one. I wish him the very best of luck!! So many people are being laid off around here too, it really makes you wonder where it will all end.

Your girls look so darling with their new short hairdos, it really suits them. Much cooler in the summer time as well! I have long hair and have it in a ponytail for most of the summer. lol

Take care dear friend and know that I think of you often:-) xoxo

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Welcome back...we missed you. I bet it was wonderful to get rid of all the "need to get a blog post" thoughts. :)

Pia said...

tammy, thank you for praying for my heart's desire. my desire is still the same. hope i can join your giveaway. happy blogaversary. =)

Barb said...

Happy June to you, too, Tammy. It's just so nice to have you back, even if you post photos of beaches that make me miserably jealous. :-)

Your black lab is gorgeous. All of you, including even your dog, were obviously very busy while you were on your "break." LOL

Mother Mayhem said...

Happy June! :o)

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Wow!!!!!!! That sounds soooooo fun!!!!!! I'll bet everyone did great on the musical.

Love, Joy =D

Michelle said...

Just wanted to say welcome back to blogging, it's nice to "see" you again!