Sunday, April 20, 2008

Party Time






Thank you for the birthday wishes for the "baby".

I think she had a great birthday. It started with the now traditional treasure hunt- started actually on her birthday last year, and now continues for each of us!

She received several special little gifts- and seemed to love each and every one of them!



She also had her very first "friend sleepover" (and of course her older sister was part of it all, too!)
This was the same little friend I wrote about here...and everyone had a super time!


Earlier in the afternoon of her birthday, my new little six year old was thrilled to receive not one, but two phone calls from Disney princesses! Actually, they were royal recorded messages...(each one with a price tag of just $2.49...)

However, poor Ariel got it wrong and said she was turning one. Ahem.
Luckily, I heard her say it and I immediately made light of it, and giggled, saying "
One!? No Ariel, she's not one!" and so my girl giggled too.
I think she was just so surprised and amazed at the fact that Ariel would leave her a voice message anyway!

And thankfully, about ten minutes later the phone rang again (isn't that incredible?) ;)...this time, it was good ole Snow White, and she had the wisdom to mention that she had heard my lilttle girl was turning
six.

At hearing her rightful age, my daughter's grin was as big as it could be!


Yay for Snow White!

Just between you and me (and don't tell my children since she's their favorite) that Ariel was never the brightest of the princesses. Oh, she's cute and all...but selling her voice to that bad octopus lady just didn't show she was using her noggin in my book.


Actually, the brightest princess by far is my favorite- the scholarly Belle! In fact, she'd be my alter ego except for the fact that she looks good in yellow.
And is, well...really, really smart.


On top of all the birthday celebrations, some dear friends of ours (who host our small group Bible study) - a gracious young couple with two small boys- hosted a very creative dinner party in which we were invited.
It wrapped around the royal\medieval theme...it was wonderful but I'll save the details for a future post.

Suffice it to say, that both our little princesses were downright tuckered out today after so much partying all weekend!

But who fell asleep? My oldest did...

My youngest? She didn't fall asleep, and opted to just be a bit cranky instead.
But all in all, it was a memorable weekend and fun was had by all- especially the birthday girl herself.

And to think our wedding anniversary is Tuesday!
I think hubby and I will perhaps spend a quiet evening at home after so much excitement lately...

Perhaps dust off the old wedding album and settle in to watch a very romantic movie...like, say...

"Beauty and the Beast".


Coming Soon...California Road Trip Part 4- San Diego!

16 comments:

Nadine said...

That's great. Sounds like a good time for all. Sleepovers are special.

Susie said...

I love the idea of the phone call from the princesses! I had never heard of that before and the price is certainly right!
Sounds like a wonderful day and just perfect for your very own little princess.
Can't wait to read more about your trip!
xoxo

Susanne said...

How cool was the phone calls from princesses. Who knew they did that? The whole day sounds like it was just lovely.

Carole Burant said...

Awwww I can just imagine how thrilled she was to get phone calls from not one but two princesses:-) Even if Ariel got it wrong! lol Sounds like she had a wonderful day and I'm so glad that it all went so well for her. As for being cranky that night...probably just overtired from all the excitement! lol xoxo

Nancy said...

What a great birthday... your girls are just precious. Happy Anniversary... I hope it's a great one!

Dawn said...

What a wonderful celebration. You must tell me how to get those calls from princesses!

Denise said...

Well, she had a good day....... I loved sleepovers when I was a wee child........ and I love Beauty and the Beast....... Happy Anniversary if I do not get back from the surgeon early enough to post.......

ruth said...

I commented earlier & wouldn't have known that it didn't post except for your e-mail.
So here is a repeat with a couple of changes.
That Ariel,she should have gotten the year right, but at least it was neat that she called. Of course my favorite princess Snow White got it right. How exciting to get phone calls from Princesses on your birthday, & Nammy enjoyed calling her little Princess to wish her a Happy Birthday on her special day.

Mary said...

Tammy,

It sounds like a good time was had by everyone, including the birthday girl. Tell her I send a belated Happy Birthday all the way from Canada. Six is a wonderful age.

I am a little old for Disney Princesses, but love the old favorites like Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty. Yes, Belle is the most scholarly but she was well after my time. Disney Princesses were limited during the 50s.

Thanks for commenting on my post about Earth Day. The Liberals in Canada are more like the conservatives in other countries. It is all very confusing, but am glad that pesticides are being banned here in Ontario.

Take care, Tammy and yes, Family Doin's is a very familiar phrase.

Blessings for a great week.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Sounds like they had a blast! I agree, Belle lis the smartest.

Midlife Mom said...

Oh please tell us how to order the phone messages for the kids!!! Do they have any of the characters for boys? D's birthday is coming up and he would just love that!! Great idea!

Susan said...

Your posts are a joy to read, Tammy. You make them so interesting and your wonderful personality shines through!!!
Susan

gail@more than a song said...

What an adorable baby pic of her in your other post! And such fun birthday pics! It does look like a great party, great idea about the phone calls...I didn't know you could do that.
Happy Anniversary!

I got the dvd! Thanks Tammy, will look forward to it when I recuperate some...I had fun too!

groovyoldlady said...

Sounds like they all lived happily ever after.

Pamela said...

that would be a wonderful Birthday gift for my grandaughters. So tell me how you !!!

I agree.. re Ariel. Who would want to lose the ability to breath under water! Gee!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! How cool to have the Princesses take time out of their busy schedules to send wishes!