

It's time for the Christmas Tour of Homes, hosted by Boomama!
Welcome, and please come on in!

You may remember that last year during our tour, we were having a pretty wild wind storm outside! But aren't you glad the weather is better this time...just a drizzle. Still, you must come in and...yes, if you don't mind you can slip your shoes off here, with the new carpet and all.
You'll notice I did add a little greenery on top of the inside of the door...and why yes, that's our new door, too!

Right here, on the end table, is my crystal Nativity votive...I acquired this, and many other Christmas items back in the days when I sold House of Lloyd (also known as Christmas Around the World.) It's one of my favorites!

And of course, here is our Christmas tree...the one we all chopped down at a tree farm last week.
My flash was giving me a bit of trouble this evening...either that, or our tree was feeling rather camera shy... it was hard to get a good "pose"...but this one was one of the better ones.
Notice our new multi-colored star that hubby brought home!And here is the best I could do by the twinkling lights...

And to the right we have our Nutcrackers, which my mom gave the girls and I the past couple of years...

Over on the other side of our living room, our stockings are hung by the chimney with care...
(Normally, we wait until Christmas Eve, but the girls were very anxious this year so we hung up theirs- and their grandma's.)
And here is one of my favorite collections. My mom and I each started collecting years ago, before I was married.It's my "It's a Wonderful Life" village.
My husband gave me an official It's a Wonderful Life train set a few years ago...it's suppose to go around the village but we currently don't have a table big enough for Bedford Falls and the train, so for now, it's resting in front.I tried to take a picture of it lighted...it came out a bit blurry, but I think you get the idea.

Sometimes the girls just like to sit and gaze at it!
Why don't we step into the kitchen\dining room. I can fix you a cup of hot cider....or I do have a few flavors left of my the hot chocolate my sweet husband brought home a few weeks ago...
(there were eight I think...but there's still some great ones left!)

Here in the dining room I have a little table dresser decorated for Christmas.
That old world Santa we won at my husband's Christmas party last year and I just love it!
And up close you can see a musical decoration (courtesy, House of Lloyd again!) and my treasured "It's a Wonderful Life" ornament.
(Are you starting to see a trend here?)
On the other side of the dining room is our Advent calendar.
Now, bring your hot chocolate and step in this way to our...well...office, family room, grandma sleeping quarters, laundry area. (Amazing how a room this small can have so many purposes!)But on the piano I grew up with, sits our Nativity.

Let's walk over for a closer look...

It's been so wonderful having you stop by. I know you have a lot of other homes to go visit, but can't you just sit down for awhile? We were just watching an old Andy Hardy movie on TV. You know, Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland?

Oh, good! I'll make popcorn! So, you'll be a little late visiting all of the other places...just relax and kick back and we'll throw another log on the fire...:)













61 comments:
Loved all the pictures of all your decorations. I tried to leave a comment on your previous post & I couldn't get it to post. I'll try again after I see if this one sta7ys.
Wonderful tour. Definitely felt like I was there. I loved the apple cider and Bedford Falls. :) Merry Christmas!
Love the nutcracker collection!!!
Mine's posted. I have two versions.
A thumbnail short version
and
a
slide show long version.
Everything is beautiful!
Tammy,
That was just wonderful!! Your home looks so festive.
Hey, I have the same It's a Wonderful Life ornament and the bank building. I love that movie!
And I learned that we have something else in common....I, too, sold House of Lloyd many years ago. In fact, that's where several of my Nativities came from.
Have a fantastic week...and stay warm!
Hugs!
:-) Susan
Everything is just beautiful and so welcoming, beginning with that pretty front door! Your nativities are lovely, and I love your "It's a Wonderful Life" village. That is one of our favorites, too!
Merry Christmas,
Andrea
Thanks for the tour Tammy! Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
I just want to make myself at home and watch the movie!! I also love your nutcracker collection! Merry Christmas!
Everything looks great! The Wonderful Life village is too sweet! TFS!
I love your tree
Oh, your house is WONDERFUL! I love the crystal nativity - so pretty.
Merry Christmas! Thanks for sharing your home.
Holley
Thanks Tammy for checking on me!! I'm going to try and post again soon. I've missed being able to do so and keeping up with all of you, my dear friends :o)
Susan
Thanks for the tour!
It was wonderful.
Merry Christmas
I loved your Chritmas village. Your home is so comfy. Thank you for sharing today.
Merry Christmas,
Jen
I really like your nativity on the piano!
And, I love land o lakes hot chocolate - THE BEST!!
What a wonderful tour, thanks so much for welcoming me in!! :)
I love Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney! I love popcorn!
Your home is just lovely. I particularly like the Bedford Falls village. So sweet. What is Christmas without It's a Wonderful Life??
I love your nutcracker collection and advent calendar. THanks for the tour!
Great advent calender.
Merry Christmas to you and yours, with love from Northern Ireland.
Wonderful tour, Tammi! I love your star. Brought back memories of our tree growing up. We always had a star on the top of the tree.
I truly wish I could stay and have a cup of chocolate or cider. It sounds very inviting! But, alas, I have to take the girlies to the library and for ice cream on this cold and frosty day (hard time I'm having getting back into the groove of winter!)
Great tour. Mine's a re-run, since I just got home yesterday morning.
It appears that we were writing to each other at the very same moment - how's that for fun.
Once upon a time I was good at those creating things - I have a planned post on that topic, but other things keep taking precedence!
How beautiful! And what a welcoming hostess you truly are! The music, the lites, the nativity on the piano you grew up playing....well, it's just perfect! Love the Christmas tree! And your village collection must hold a very special place in your heart....something shared with your mom...and your husband! Love it!
Diane
I really like the advent calendar too. Thanks for the tour! Merry Christmas!
Count me in -- I think I'll stay for the popcorn! What a lovely tour and your decorations had such a calm, peaceful feel to them.
I really loved your village!
Hi, Tammy. Loved this. Your tree actually has a plum-puplish hue to it in this pic that I love. I'm wondering if you have lights like that or if they just photographed that way. Oh, also-old movies? I started my own blog!
What a cute tour your gave! I never seen the Wonderful Life village before, how cute and charming! And I love your crystal nativity, so pretty.
Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
Dearest Tammy, I just love how you've decorated your home and your tree is gorgeous. I would love to one day have a real tree for Christmas!! I've just started collecting Nutcrackers and have 4 of them so far:-) Everything looks just wonderful and I had so much fun seeing a lot of your favourite ornaments...bring on the popcorn, I kinda like it here! hehe xoxo
Hello Dear Tammy,
How festive your home looks for the holidays! I also collect nutcrackers, so I enjoyed seeing yours. I love the movie It's a Wonderful Life. I try to watch it each year.
Blessings to you my friend.
xoxo
Is it safe there? I mean those nutcrackers look, well, SCARY! What if they get upset with you and revolt in the middle of the night? What if they drink all your eggnog? What if they decide to sabatoge the train?
I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight from all this anxiety!
You have a lovely home. Merry Christmas.
What a wonderful idea. I did get a very homey feeling as I looked, read, and listened.
Hi, just came over from Linda's blog, drawn by the Lab reference, and what a lovely tour, I'm feeling all warm and hot chocolate-y now..beautiful. And you gave me an excellent gift idea for my Mom, I DIDN'T KNOW THERE IS AN "It's A Wonderful Life Train Set"!!!!!!!!! I really hope I can find one somewhere! Thanks for the Christmas cheer!
My computer doesn't get music anymore. I appreciate having a computer, but think this one is getting older & slower, kind of like me. It might be time to think about an upgrade before too long.
i loved seeing all the decorations & can't wait to see them in person when I come up.
I love your Bedford Falls village. What a great thing to have! I know your girls love it.
That was wonderful! Thank you for sharing.
Merry Christmas! It's a Wonderful Life is my favorite Christmas movie. I have a Zuzu doll, the cookbook by the actual grown up Zuzu based on IAWL and the collector's cards. I love your movie items though.
Everything looks charming-thanks for letting us tour.
Fun! Thank you for sharing it all with us!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
I just joined the tour. Your home is lovely. I love the tree. Nice lights.
Lovely! :o)
The tour was lovely, and the christmas carol made it perfect. Merry Christmas!
Love your decorations! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas to you & yours!
Jennifer :-)
Wonderful! I didn't put up my village this year... But, there is next year. My hubby says he wants to make a special table for it. Like you, I don't have a place big enough - yet -. ☺
Isn't Christmas just WONDERFUL! Hugs!
Everything looks wonderful! I especially liked the lights on your tree! So festive!
I love the nutcracker collection!
Merry Christmas!
I love the It's A Wonderful Life village - and the tree is great, too. Also: Land o Lakes makes hot chocolate??!! I had no idea. :-)
I love all your decorations Tammy, and especially your Wonderful Life village! Those old world Santas are so nice, hot cider for me please.
Since I am on the hunt for a Nativity set, I am loving looking at everyone's set. Thank you for the tour.
Everything looks just beautiful!!! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!!
Jennifer R.
I enjoyed the tour!
Thanks for the invite. (I missed the hot cocoa and cookies, tho. I guess I was tooo late.)
WOW. You go all out. My home looks bare naked compared to this! Very lovely and festive - I enjoyed the visit!!
diaryof1.com
i love the nutcrackers! it's quite a collection you've got!
I am taking the BooMama Christmas Tour. Thank you for sharing your home. Everything is so festive!
I love Nutcrackers. My husband makes ours. I like your village too.
All these pretty ornaments (I have the Wonderful Life one too!, a pretty tree, Bedford Falls, super hot chocolate AND Andy Hardy? Now THIS is a fun tour! I had a great time and wish all of you a jot filled Christmas season and very happy 2008!
Hugs,
Sue
Everything looks just beautiful and so very festive! Merry Christmas!
This is so sweet and lovely!
I finally got a chance to see your tour :) Loved the collection of nutcrackers! Merry Christmas!
Loved the nutcrackers - so cute!
As I sat and watched It's a Wonderful Life last week, I thought of you Tammy. I thought, "I'll bet Tammy adores this movie." I love your wonderful life village.
And your nativity on the piano. It's lovely.
I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas.
That was a wonderful tour. You really know how to make someone feel welcome. I love your nativity set, it feels like I'm really there. Merry Christmas!
Thank you for sharing. I love your advent calendar - did you make it?
Post a Comment