

This week's photohunt theme is free. Instead of posting a picture of something I received free, my interpretation is about feeling free.
This past summer I took my girls and my husband back to my old grade school during our Seattle trip (where I also reunited with my old third grade friend!)
I just had to relive old times and play on the monkey bars...and it brought back those old feelings of feeling free!
And if you squint and look sideways, you almost don't see a 44 year old in that picture... but the little girl I once was!
For more theme photos, check out tntchick.com.








40 comments:
I used to love hanging from the bars when I was in elementary school. :)
I love your take this week! :)
Must have been a trip of mixed emotional feelings reuniting with friends from 3rd grade!! Have a good weekend :P
Looks like fun! :) What a great trip that must have been. Wonderful choice for the Hunt!
Dragonheart and Merlin
That looks really fun.
Good choice for the theme.
Have a nice weekend!
excellent post
I like how you interpreted the theme. Fun picture.
That's lovely! That little girl is always inside, and sometimes she breaks free!
oh! i love monkey bars! i miss doing that. tfs!
hope you can check out my entries when you have the time. it's here, here, here, and here. thanks! :)
i remember those days. :) thanks for taking me back.... :D
Actually, in my opinion, a 'freebie' isn't free from the stores or coupons or in the mail...there is always a hidden cost in some way. So, your theme photo is perfect.
My 'free' photo is shared...come by and visit ---it's there for your viewing, for 'free'. Oops, no I guess not --it's costing money to use the computer of yours and being online. Oh well, if you've not stopped by my photo hunt this week, please come on by for a visit, if you can!!!
I see her and she is having fun, what a wonderful moment to preserve on film. I bet you had a fun visit
Happy and free, I love that picture. Have a great weekend!
This is such a fun picture! Just like a cheerleader strutting her way in a monkey bar. :)
that's a good shoulder exercise right there..i used to do that too and had good memories of it of me and my other playmates.thanks for sharing
That is so fun!
Oh how I love to do that too, good arm exercise...nice one
hope u can check mine ph entry too
My So Calle Life
La Vida es Hermosa
This is such a great pic and interpretation of "free". I think I would have lost concsiousness, though, if I'd have done that with all that blood rushing to my head all of a sudden! LOL.
You go girl, I'd probably strain some muscles I forgot I had.
So glad to see your face on my blog. Your such a sweetheart. I hope the girls are doing well.
Great choice for free! I loved my elementary school playground. How fun it would be to visit!
What a wonderful feeling. The freedom of a child. We all should remember our childhood and indulge in feeling this often. Happy weekend.
Oh my gosh...... good for you girl.......... I hate to think what would have happened if I had tried that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When you get a minutes head over to my blog .... We have finished the Tee shirt contest and now is time to vote..... so hope over to my Samaritan Women and click on my Sew The Word and VOTE.......
It will be fun to see who wins and the shirt that will follow.......
Fun stuff. You can still do that? If I did that, I'd be in traction.
Hi! :D It's been awhile since my last visit, but I recognized that pic. WOW! Being free is what it's all about!
I posted something that have the sense of carefree too.
I like yours though. But, I know is kind of impossible for me. No turning around. Dizzy... hahaha....
What a FUN Mama you are!
Isn't it sooo fun to relive a bit of your past. Just last weekend I took my husband and my girls past the home I grew up in. I felt like a little girl again.... so FUN!
Hope you are doing well! Thanks for your sweet comment about my CABIN FEVER.
I love the picture of the little girl.......in you.......such fun it must have been to go back in time and to share it with your family.
Great photo! I didn't have to squint...I thought it was your daughter at first. See...you young looking thing you.
Hope your weekend was wonderful.
Hugs!
Kat
Of course that photo always brings back the memories of you when you were that little girl playing on that same bar. Now I am enjoying my little granddaughters who so remind me of the little girl you used to be.
I see the little girl! :o)
When I first saw the photo, I thought it was a young girl. So the spirit of the girl you once were came through in that photo. Thanks for sharing.
I do look forward to seeing your photos of Disneyland. I've never been there. Thanks for commenting on my photo essay today.
Blessings,
Mary
I love you photo for Free. How wonderful also to return to your old school.
Hey Tammy!
Just catching up on my bloggy pals today and HAD to check on you! Sorry to read in some of the recent posts that you are under the weather. I am battling the flu right now myself. This is a bad year for illnesses!
I remember when you posted this picture before...I stand amazed. I don't even think I could hang from monkey bars anymore!
Oh, and what a romantic Valentine's Day! Dancing to Tony Bennett...does it get any better than that?
Look forward to reading more soon!Hope you are feeling better!
Corrie
Great choice of pictures for feeling free! Unfortunately, doing that kind of stuff at reces never crossed my mind! I was a real whoose (sp?)
Great picture. You do look like you are enjoying that return to childhood days!
I remember reading that post about your reunion. Good story.
OOPS! I think I meant "wuss" - I have never really had cause to try to spell that word before. Ha!!
Tammy, that is great. Reminds me of my giant swing experience this weekend. Freedom is all in the mind ... and heart.
Great post! I like that use of the word Free!! I also remember that post when you went back to the reunion. I'd land on my head if I tried to do that!!!
Great post... and a wonderful way to feel "free"! I love your creativity.
ha ha... you mean priceless!!!
Post a Comment