
I wanted to thank those of you who took the time to comment on my last Marriage Monday post.
Just a couple more thoughts...
I am striving to "keep it real" yet remain as positive as possible here- sometimes not an easy balance! But there's no two ways about it...
Good marriages take work.
On the other hand, I wanted to make it clear that there are a few blog friends whose marriages truly are wonderful models for us all. And a couple of the ones I have in mind have even been married for decades.
Some of these couples, maybe partly because of compatibility and personality, I honestly believe have very few issues and they are truly blessed. So please know that I hold these examples in high esteem.
But my point is that most of us have our ups and downs as we walk through life with our mates, and it's not always bliss...hearts and flowers...twenty-four hours a day. But if we can know that we are not alone in this and work through the conflicts that do arise (instead of feeling like we made a mistake because ours doesn't seem as happy as the couple down the street) than the rewards can be truly great!
On a completely different note, I'll be gone for a couple days...I'm taking the girls and we're spending a couple nights with their "Nammy"- my mom!
As all of you know who have been reading me for awhile, she is 81 and lives about an hour away (though we'll hopefully be moving her up closer before the year's out.)
So we treasure our time with her....and this time we have several fun things planned!
We'll be picking cherries off her tree, going to the park, doing some free crafts at a pioneer museum, and seeing the new Am*rican Girl movie, "Kit".
(Warning- I saw the trailer and there is an innuendo said which I find completely inappropriate for a G rating, but otherwise heard good things about it. I'll let you know!)
My nine year old especially loves Am*rican Girl books, and because my mom was actually about the same age as Kit is during the Depression era of the story, well, we thought it would be perfect to all see it together!
Meanwhile, my husband will be playing bachelor, probably watching his "manly movies" with full stereo effect, enjoying some rare quiet...but hopefully missing us like crazy by the time we return!
So, wishing all of you a wonderful weekend. I'll hopefully have some fun pictures to share with you when I get back!
Blessings!








20 comments:
Hey! Have a great trip. I reviewed the movie on my blog today. I didn't think the innuendo was bad at all. I enjoyed it.
:-) Susan
Enjoy the time with your mom. I think it's great to have your girls spend that type of time with their grandma.
Have fun on your trip, Tammy!
Joy wants to see the Kit movie too. Let me know what you think of it. We just got our new catalogue today and she reminded me that she wanted to see it. I've not been disappointed with the others, so I hope it's okay!
Who are your girls' favorite AG? Joy has read all the books several times and especially loves Felicity.
~ The other Tammy ~
Have a wonderful time with your mom! It's so nice that the girls ca see their Grandma on a regular basis.
Now I'm off to read your Marriage post as I wasn't able to come around until today!
This is me- Tammy here! I'm on my mom's new computer...seeing if I can reply since she said she had trouble...
Susan, I'll have to go read your review! Hmmm...in the scene I saw during the trailer, the comment in the movie just made me queasy...but my knowing mom pointed out that this one was done by producers in Hollywood, whereas the other AG made for TV films were made by smaller producer who is a Christian, she thinks. Hence, the difference. The other ones really conveyed the wholesome feeling AG is suppose to have.
But ...I'll withhold ALL my views until tomorrow! ;)
Tammy
Enjoy your weekend..... I so miss my Grandmother....She was my mentor....... I look forward to seeing her one of these days......
Hugs
Thankkfully you got me all saquared away so that I can comment now on your blog now with this new computer. We all had lots of fun riding the Carousel & enjoying Riverfront Park & I'm enjoying my time with you & the girls.
I hope you girls have a fun and safe trip to grandmas house.Hugs Lisa
Have a great time - if the cherries are as good as the picture, you're in for a treat!
As for your marriage post, DC and I have had 35 years of good marriage - but nothing is perfect. And you never know what is going on in the perfect looking family down the street! Or next door, or at church.
Have a great trip!
Enjoy your time away with the girls. Picking cherries should be fun and yummy! My grandmother had a cherry tree and I have great memories from sitting in the top of that tree. Have a great weekend... safe travels!
Have a great trip Tammy! I just got back from my mom's... isn't it the best place on earth to be on vacation? Kids love it, you can take your time and you still get to get together with old friends and family. Have fun!!!
Have a wonderful weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! :o)
Hope you have a wonderful time!
Tammy have a wonderful time with your Mom this weekend! That will be so nice if you can move her closer to you. My Mom (and Dad) live here with us in a separate apartment in the summer and go to Florida in the winter. It's very special for grandkids to be able to spend time with their grandparents, and so special for us grandparents to have that time with the grand kids!!!
Enjoy the time with your mother. All of the activities you have planned sound like a lot of fun.
Wishes for a safe and fun time.
Blessings,
Mary
Hi Tammy,
So very glad you and the girls are spending time with your Mom. I know you'll be glad to have her even closer when the move happens. Have fun at the movies too!
xo
Enjoy the time with your mom - I know how precious it is. I wished mine lived an hours away (or even two)!
I ate a whole pint of cherries by myself the other night. It was like I couldn't stop grabbing and popping them.
When is your mom going to post again?
Tammy
Have a wonderful, safe, memory making time with your Mom. My Mom and Aunt were here all last week and just left yesterday. I miss them already. I cherish the quality time we share each time they visit. Hope you took your camera....
Hugs!
Kat
Post a Comment