Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas -Part 1


Wow...I'm finally able to take a few minutes to try and post again. I trust you all had a blessed Christmas!

Thank you for all your well wishes...my tummy bug is better but now both my husband and I have that cough that seems to hang on. But I'll take this over the first one any day!


Our snow finally...finally...melted. Only the piled up high snow banks remain as lumps now...reminders as the rain falls and temperatures soar to a balmy 45 degrees.
But we did have a white Christmas, and on Christmas Eve the girls spent an hour building snowmen with the neightbor girls...


As most of you who either now or once had young ones can relate to, our Christmas morning was full of excitement...
And even though we had cut back on spending, it seemed Santa still brought the girls so many things! We were grateful, knowing not all parents have the privilege of seeing their children receive so much.
We were also grateful that seemed excited even over the little things too...like boxes of crayons and hair barrettes. Way to melt our hearts!

They each got a cute little cowboy hat, which their daddy borrowed for part of the morning. Guess he should have asked Santa for one, too!
And my big homemade project ...non-seamstress that I am...was making each of the girls a new-sew fleece blanket.
Although it's suppose to be easy, since making anything like that is new to me, it was a bit challenging at first! Especially sneaking in time to make two of them.

But it was well worth it to watch them receive them...they absolutely loved them.
(I want to thank Barb of Chelsea Morning for showing a tutorial of this awhile back...the minute I saw it, I knew it was something I wanted to try to make for my girls! Thanks, Barb!)

And this year I got some snazzy clothes and earrings...but most of all, I got one main gift from my husband this year.
A very exciting gift...
That's right...a new laptop!
WOW!!!

For years, I've wanted one because the four of us share the one computer...and with home school assignments, my writing, blogging, ect...it can be rather challenging keeping all of our family items on one computer.
(And when I was sick last week, it would have been such a luxury to check my e-mail from my quarantined bedroom.)

Now at last...a real laptop! Thank you, Sweetie!


That evening I was feeling under the weather again, so my family went on to the big family gathering with his siblings and I rested at home. You'd think I'd have felt lonely, but it was a much needed rest in the cozy Christmas living room, watching It's a Wonderful Life and other Christmas gems.


Because of icy roads, it would be the next day before we could go get my mom, who as most of you know, is 81 and lives an hour away.


But once we did, there would be more wonderful times in store...let me just say that my mom still knows how to have fun, even at her age!
But more on that in Part 2!

Now, I hope to finally have some time to visit some of you...in between cleaning up the after Christmas mess and catching up on laundry!

Blessings!

24 comments:

Susan said...

How wonderful to have your own computer, and it being a lap top!!!
We like you, cut down a lot, and yet still had too much!!! and so much fun.

One of my wishes for the New Year is that the financial struggles our country is going through will get us back to some basic "VALUES" that sadly, have been buried and lost in recent times. One of the main ones being materializm which sadly is an American god (little "g"!!!!)
Susan

Carla said...

What fun!! Thank you for sharing your joy!! I look forward to part 2, also:)

Susannah said...

A new laptop... Whoohoo!!!! ((Hugs))

Susanne said...

Yeah for the new laptop. You're gonna love it! "Santa" was very good to you!

I'm very impressed that you took on those blankets. Good for you!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

It looks like it really was a wonderful Christmas at your house! The girls look so happy and I love their fleece throws! Yay for you! It took me forever to get used to a laptop and I thought I didn't like it....now I've taken over our son's! He's ready for me to get my own! It really does allow you to be so many more places...it's great! Enjoy yours and congratulations!

Tammy (the other one who doesn't have her OWN laptop YET.....)

Pamela said...

I think we're attempting the drive thru the gorge tomorrow -- so keep those roads clear (:

and get well.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like your Christmas morning was wonderful. I am sure you are so excited about that laptop! What a wonderful gift!

Nadine said...

Sounds delightful. Congratulations on the new laptop...that's a really cool gift.

Jill said...

Loved seeing the photos of your Christmas morning. I have yet to go through the 100 or so that I took....there may be one or two good ones in there. Hooray for your new laptop! I know you will enjoy it immensley! Looking forward to part 2.

Mandy said...

So glad you all had a great Christmas! I'm so jealous of your lap top. We share one computer too!

I meant to add you to my blog list before, but I guess it kept slipping my mind! I'd like to add you now if you don't mind!

Blessings,
Mandy

gail@more than a song said...

You are gonna love, LOVE having a laptop! What a great gift. It's gonna make me miss mine more now!
And look at all that snow y'all have been having, wow!

Faith said...

We also cut way back but still managed to have tons of fun...even with me getting that nasty ole stomach flu on top of a cold. BUT...I thank the Lord it didn't hit until AFTER I arrived home from the Candlelight Xmas eve service!
Blessings to you...can't wait to read part 2.

Barb said...

I just love this post, Tammy. The snowmen the girls are making - what fun! I know it's a mess, but a white Christmas is always special.

I'm glad I posted the tutorial for no-sew fleece blankets. I'm seeing adorable blankets everywhere. Admit it - they weren't that difficult at all, right? :-)

Congratulations on your new laptop. I'm not ready to move to a laptop yet, but I'm pretty sure 2009 is the year my great HP desktop is going to bite the dust.

What a wonderful Christmas you all had - thank you for sharing it with us. And Happy New Year!

Dawn said...

I hope you enjoy your laptop as much as I do - what a blessing to have these guys who spoil us!!

I am glad you made those blankets for the girls - I need to do that one of these days. We have one that was given to Care Bear when she was born, but there 3 who don't have one!

I finally got around to posting and am now trying to catch up with everyone.

Mary said...

Tammy,

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. The girls seem happy, as does your dh.

You must have been a very good girl to receive that laptop. I'm so glad and am sure it will make things less stressful.

I wish you and your family abundant blessings throughout 2009.

Blessings,
Mary

Unknown said...

Tammy
I enjoyed your post and the pictures were great. I know you will love your laptop. I have worn one out and working on #2.I hope you and your family have a Blessed New Year,
Hugs from SC.
Lisa

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hi Tammy,

It's me again....Lea of Farmhouse Blessings helped me with the snow effect on my blog. Here's the info on exactly how to do it...it was easy with her directions:

http://farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com/2008/12/let-it-snow-on-your-blog.html

Click over there and follow the instructions and it will be snowing on your blog in no time! :)

Tammy

Tammy said...

Thanks my fellow Tammy! You are SO sweet!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting.

How great to have your laptop. I love mine, and even have it up here at the cottage (and my neighbour lets me "borrow" her internet connection too.

Looks like a lovely Christmas.

I love those no-sew blankets - but if I made one it would be for me!!!

Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

My girls are all under the weather here, too. We are still enjoying being a family all under one roof.

You will love your laptop. I can't believe I used to spend hours freezing in my basement on our PC.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Looks like a very blessed Christmas! I'm sorry you were sick, hope you are better now. I love the pink cowboy hat! And great job on those blankets...they look so cute!

BTW we loved you Christmas card too. We plan to write this week.

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Tammy:-)

I so enjoyed reading the first part of your Christmas celebrations, sounds like you all had such a wonderful time!! How awesome that you made those blankets for them. I do remember Barb's tutorial for them and will have to copy it because one day I may want to make one for my grandbaby:-) Like you, I'm not a seamstress so I'm sure it will be a huge undertaking! lol

Oooooh, you got a laptop!!!! How lucky you are, you are just going to love it. I'm saving my pennies so that I could buy myself one, one of these days:-)

Wishing you and yours all the very best that 2009 has to offer, dear Tammy. xoxo

Dawn said...

Just dropping by to wish you a Happy New Year's morning! My sis and her family spent Christmas in Olympia, WA and had quite a time all getting there with the unusual weather you've been having in your neck of the woods!

Ruth said...

Yep girls just wanna have fun, even if they are 81, & besides my munchkins & you kkep me young.
It was a wonderful Christmas & it was great being able to get out of the house where i was snowbound 2 weeks & couldn't even walk out to the mailbox by the road.