
I can't believe the time has almost arrived...it just doesn't truly seem real! But we are in the midst of packing and making sure everything is ready for our family trip to Maui!

So, although I will check back here and also read a few of your blogs before I go, this will be my last post before we're off... I have to confess that I'm a bit nervous as well as excited.
And the down side is that my dear mom (grandmothersmusings) hurt her back last week and found out she has a slight fracture. If you could say a prayer for her that she heals quickly and can enjoy her own first Hawaiian trip next month, I would so appreciate it! And of course, I certainly wouldn't mind your prayers for all to go smoothly for our family. It's the girls' very first plane ride and our first BIG, weeklong family vacation.
I guess a part of my brain just can't wrap around the fact that we are about on our way...perhaps it won't truly hit me this time until I land and don my first lei on Hawaiian soil. Perhaps it's the season we're in...just having finally gotten the rhythim of autumn and homeschool lessons...
But nevertheless, I'm feeling grateful and will put on my CD of island music to help the reality sink in while I pack.
Love you guys...Mahalo for your prayers and
Aloha...until we return...








32 comments:
You are going to have the time of your lives! We LOVED Hawaii. I was just visiting another homeschool Mom (Jana) who is doing a Hawaii unit with her kids. She posted a little phrase, "Aloha E Komo Mai" which means hello and welcome. I'm looking forward to your photos and stories when you get back. Have fun!
Boy, Tammy. Am I EVER jealous! You guys are going to have so much fun. I've never been to Hawaii but Krissy and Andy went there for their honeymoon and I did a scrapbook for them with the photos they brought home. Just the photos of all the fun things they did made me wish I could be there.
I'll say a little prayer for your mom. Back pain is just the worst. Poor thing. I'm sorry this happened to her.
Have fun. Oh, and take one or two photos to share with us, OK?
Praying for a safe and fun trip! *Grin*
(Also praying for your mom!)
wow have a great time! what every family needs!!!
Unfortunately, the weather hasn't been too great here lately. Lots of vog and very humid! It's supposed to get better by this weekend. Have safe flight!
Have a wonderful fun filled family time! You'll make so many wonderful memories.
I'll be praying for a safe trip for you and for your Mom's health as well.
See you when you get back!!!
What??? You're going without ME??? Sigh!! hehe I can well imagine how super excited you must all be to be going to Hawaii!! I've never been but heard that Maui is the most beautiful of all the islands. Have a GREAT time, take tons of pictures to share with us and think of us in this cold weather!! I will be thinking of your mom and praying that she soon feels much better with her back!!
How exciting! I'll be praying for safe travel for your family and a speedy recovery for your mom. Have fun!
Have a wonderful time! Hawaii is one of the few "tropical" places I'd actually like to visit someday :)
Have fun and stay safe!
Oh how fun. I would love to go to hawaii.
Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. Been SO super busy, but I've accomplished alot!
Kilikina
Visit My Blog
Have a great time! Will be fun to see all your pics!
Oh! Have sooooo much fun! Okay?
Sorry to hear about your sweet mother...praying for her recovery now.
Thanks to all who are praying for me. The doctor said that it is a lumbar compression fracture. I have been in a lot of pain but am hoping that a brace which the Dr ordered will help. I am believing for a healing touch from our wonderful Lord & that I'll be feeling much better for my trip to to Oahu November 7th. Four weeks is not very long, but with God all things are possible.
ruth
I will be praying for you and your family. Have a great time, make great memories, enjoy and savor every moment, even the mundane ones!
Thank you all so much! I appreciate your prayers for us and for my mom, as well...it means a lot!
Kailani, we've been watching the weather but thankfully it's supposed to turn when we arrive...and the gorgeous weather here is supposed to turn to rain...;)
I'll be honest...the first time I was about to leave for Hawaii I was beside myself with excitement...this time, due to various reasons, I'm more stressed...but your well-wishes and prayers are doing me a world of good! I know we'll have a wonderful time!
Blessings!
Have a wonderful time! Will pray for your vacation...what fun!
Have a wonderful time enjoying God's marvelous creation. There is absolutely nothing that compares with being in bed with the ocean swooshing up on the beach right outside your window. God's blessing on you and your family and on your mother.
Have a great time Tammy! :o)
Have a wonderful, safe holiday. Mmmmm, Hawaii ... I am so jealous !!
Take care, have fun, Meow
Have a wonderful time!! It's just beautiful over there. I KNOW you won't want to come back. Praying for your mom.
Did you feel the earthquake this morning?
Oh Tammy! I read in my yahoo! headlines about the earthquake that you immediately came to mind. I'm SO SORRY! I'm sure you're fine, but I'm praying it won't hinder your activities. Read you when you get back...
Yeah I saw too about an earthquake there...hope it hasn't affected you where you are. Hope everything goes well for the remainder of your time.
Yikes, I heard about the earthquake in church this morning and immediately thought of your family. I'm praying that you're all safe!!
Oh wow... praying for your safety with the earthquake and all. I pray that you will be able to enjoy your time away in spite of it! Talk about bad timing! Take care and God bless.
Aloha Tammy, I hope you are having a wonderful time. Will you be going to Hana? Mama's Fish House in Paiia is a great place to eat. I can't wait to hear about your adventures, earthquake included!
Tammy, I guess I'm like everyone else, as soon as I heard about the earthquake I thought of you and said a prayer for you and your family's safety. I'm thankful they aren't reporting many injuries, and I hope you all will still be able to have a great time despite the earthquake.
I just heard about the earthquake on our 6 p.m. news and I immediately thought of you...oh my gosh, I do hope you and the family were not hurt! What a horrible thing to happen when it should be such a happy holiday!! Will wait anxiously to hear that you're ok!!! Hugs xox
Tammy,
I hope all is going well. I thought of you too in regard to the earthquake.
I just read a remark from your Mom, Ruth, over at Grafted Branch's place I think, telling us you are all fine and weren't affected by the earthquake. What a huge relief! Can't wait till you get back to tell us all about it, though.
Hope you're all having a wonderful time.
Tammy,
We were away when we heard about the earthquake, but just wanted to stop in and let you know you came immediately to mind.
Praying that you're able to have that wonderful vacation despite the quake!
Post a Comment