Tuesday, October 03, 2006

More Chatter with Cherub...

I've been reading from a few other blogs that I am not the only one around here to suddenly have a slight case of Writer's Block. That does make me feel a little better somehow...I'm thinking it's the sudden overload of all of our new fall schedules that have us a little brain-dead at the moment? I know that's pretty true for me.

Hopefully, it will all clear up soon. And the rest of you that have been being brilliant...well, keep it up, please! We certainly need it! But maybe this dry spell hitting just a few of us is actually all a good thing...if only some of us have anything to say, then maybe all of us can finally get some reading done or something! In actual books! ;)

So...in the meantime, I'm posting something very short and sweet. Well, maybe not so sweet...

Lil Cherub was using the bathroom today and exclaimed,

"Mommy, my wish didn't come true. I wished that potty would go on the floor and it didn't! Not like that one time..."

I asked why she had wished for that, and she just thought it would be "cool".

I informed her it was actually kinda' icky and that Mommy would have to clean it up, adding,
"Please don't wish for that, Sweetie."

Without missing a beat, she asked, excitedly,
"OK- how about a pony outside my window?"

"Um..."

"No, wait...a unicorn."

Yep...much better than tinkles missing the potty and making a cool lake, I'd say.

Even when you're four.

But frankly, I think the whole potty wish thing was just a ploy...she just knew that I'd prefer anything over that, so the pony outside the window would be a shoe-in!

13 comments:

Looney Mom™ said...

I'm in the dry-spell thing too...

Kids are so clever aren't they? LOL!

Susie said...

Now wouldn't a pony be fun?
:-)
I can never understand how some bloggers can come up with something fresh and interesting every single day!
(They must be born writers)
It usually takes me a long time to get a post ready (and then I always wonder if it's interesting to anyone but me!)

Big Mama said...

She is a master negotiator. : )

Amy said...

LOL! I remember often trying to hoodwink my parents into getting me a horse. We lived in a rural area where many people had property and horses.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

*ROFL*... Sorry, couldn't help it!

Anonymous said...

A unicorn would be so cool! But, ponies are so much fun. :)

Lala's world said...

that is cute! just came for a visit. I see that we visit a lot of the same blogs!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! It reminds me of something my daughter did when she was young and asked about a pony! I might try emailing you a link to the post I did about it.

Carole Burant said...

I've yet to get blogger's block but I'm sure it can happen to me one day! lol I'm still giggling at Cherub's wish...gosh, wouldn't you love to go through their little minds and know exactly what they're thinking?! lol

Unknown said...

LOL. I'm going to be doing some potty training soon, and I am not looking forward to it.

Yes, my bloggy brain isn't too creative either.

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Funny. And I think something is going around- like a writer's block meme.

Anonymous said...

We used to call our oldest son Philip "the Philipulator" because he used to try to manipulate us to do what he wanted. He'll be eighteen in less than two weeks and he still tries. :-)

Anonymous said...

So when is Mommy going to buy the pony? LOL!