Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Juggling Act

It's just one of those crazy weeks around here. So if I'm slow to update my blog or my writing is, well- just plain boring, please note that it's just one of those strange weeks. Now awful... or huge. Just filled with a lot of little things cluttering my brain. Here's a few:

Our family car, which was having major problems, just went kapoot. My mechanical genious of a hubby who started working on cars with his brothers from time he was out of diapers, could not even put this Humpty Dumpty back together.
Actually, it's the transmission, which in layman's terms means "huge bucks".

So, he was able to use the company truck yesterday and let me use his car to transport the girls to their various places. And today proves to be an even busier day...

God had put on my heart an idea of having our home school group start visiting a local retirement center and doing little things with them...crafts, board games, ect.
And becuase it was God's idea, not so much mine, there was a good interest in this and our first visit is this afternoon.

We also have several classes to get to over the course of the afternoon and then Awana tonight... busy, busy, busy.

My mom's plane is probably getting ready for take-off as I type...
She, my aunt, and my uncle (who drove them up) stopped by yesterday before they went to the hotel next to the airport, where they dropped off her little doggie for us to take care of.
Sandy's a sweet little old furry thing, and actually, he's very easy to dog-sit! Good preparation for the new puppy we'll be getting in a week or so!

(Well, maybe not...I'm guessing there's big difference between a docile old dog and a hyper, wee-wee puppy!)

And my girls are thilled that they are suddenly invited to like a zillion birthday parties lately. (Well, more like four.) Actually, I'm thrilled, too....but I'm starting to think that there was truly a lot of romance going on around Valentine's Day for a few years! *wink*

So...you'll forgive me if my creative juices aren't flowing as freely this week.

And now, if you'll excuse me, the girls are fighting over which one Sandy likes more (with accompanying tears) and now we need to all get dressed, start our school work, stop at the store, and....

OK, you get the picture. And before I go any further, I think we'll start our day with prayer. Because the busier you are, the more you need to pray!

So, who else is doing a juggling act this week?

11 comments:

TJ said...

I hate that about your car...I know how we all depend upon them...praying for a safe trip for your Mom!
Sounds like even though you juggle you have your priorities right!!
Pray, Pray and Pray some more...it's what I've been doing lately too!!
:-D

Susie said...

Prayer is the best way to begin any day!
I used to work in an auto shop, so I know a transmission is a big deal.
Tammy, I just know the residents of that retirement home will be blessed by your visits. What a loving and considerate thing to do...
(and a great life lesson for the children)

Barb said...

Oh yes, there's a very very big difference between a docile old dog and a little wee wee puppy. If you thing you're busy now, just wait....:-)

You poor thing. A kaput car. That's so stressful. I hope you guys figure it out soon. I know it's not only a big expense you probably don't need but being down to only one car with such a busy life as you have, well, I'll say a little prayer for you.

Big Mama said...

There is nothing I hate more than spending money on car repairs, especially the transmission.

Hope your week slows down a little.

Carole Burant said...

So...when are you going to get busy??? hehe Boy, I was pooped out just reading about everything going on in your life right now!! Hate to tell you this but it will get even busier with the Christmas preparations...oops didn't mean to depress you even more!! LOL What a shame about your car...the transmission certainly does cost a lot and sometimes it's cheaper just to go buy a used car! Hope you have time for a break soon!!! xox

Michelle said...

LOL in an running around maniac kind of way! Prayer is the only way to keep my sanity and get my children to and fro and all my committments met.

I am so sorry to hear about your car! That stresses me to no end. My car has over 200,000 miles on it and I love it but I do panic if I think something is wrong because at this point wrong = expensive!

Anonymous said...

Why am i hearing circus music? *LOL*

Make sure you take time to breathe! *Wink*

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

I am juggling a bit. Hubby still on crutches from his surgery, designing a pigeon costume, planning a Thanksgiving feast for my daughter's class, and the rest of the household stuff. It seems that the holidays are just beginning!

Laurie said...

Broken down cars...now I can relate to that. With 5 drivers, counting my oldest son who has his own home within yelling distance of ours, and with 5 very old vehicles, we ALWAYS have at least one out of commission. Thank God for our good Mayberry mechanic! Our cars spend the night at his place almost on a weekly basis.

Tammy said...

Well...thankfully, the car situation is going smoothly, since hubby found a huge deal on a transmission and is meanwhile able to lend me his car and use the company truck. It could be so much worse!

And the busy day yesterday went well, overall...and today we took it a bit easy- only had to one place- woohoo! :)

I know I am only one of millions who are juggling, and that we sometimes have weeks where there are just those extra balls in the air!

But I know I am so blessed!
(Now, if only my mom and aunt would call and let me know how they're doing! We didn't have a set time for them to call, though, so hopefully they're fine and just busy doing the hula!)

Grafted Branch said...

I like your new profile pic. Do post about how the visit to the senior center went.