Back to the longest birthday celebration you would ever want to hear about. I promise this is the end...really!
But the day after my actual birthday, we had a few family on my hubby's side join us for cake, ice cream and wi*.
Someone asked what wi* is, and I actually didn't know either before Christmas when Santa deposited it under the tree.
That Santa. Always full of surprises.
But it's a series of video games, best being defined by the fact that your realistic movements while holding the remote control the action.
So...you can play virtual tennis, for example, and really get a work-out!
Here is my husband and one of his brothers duking it out...
Notice the technique...the skill in blocking the virtual punches that Uncle C so professionally executes...
Yes, he put up a great fight, but alas, he was down for the count as he kept yelling at his virtual self, "Get up, get up!"My husband, on the other hand, just stood and enjoyed the triumph of victory...
It truly wasn't violent on the screen...I am so finicky about that kind of the thing, so if it was approved by me, then it was definitely OK!And good thing, too. Our little two year old niece was there and was really getting into the excitement...
This is the same little girl that was dedicated along with her baby brother two weeks ago, and just like she has the pastor still laughing over the things she said up there on the platform, she has us all laughing Friday night! But then... Then... my husband and children brought out the cake...
and if I hadn't been giggling so hard, I would have clobbered my lovely hubby for lighting each and every one of those candles...
Quick! Get the fire extinguisher!
But then, again...at least they all fit on there, right?
So, all in all, it's not as bad as I had thought, this turning 45.
Granted, it used to be pretty old...but now they say it's the new 35.
All it means is that you have to step up the workouts, the moisturizer, the Loreal color and sometimes the antiperspirant.
(No, the hot flashes aren't here yet, but I think the warm flashes are!)
And in my case, it helps to have some little kiddos to have to keep up with!
Blessings!








34 comments:
what a great birthday you had! The Riverdance, the scavenger hunt, and playing some Wi*! I can't believe he managed to light all those candles LOL
45 is young except you wouldn't think so when you see that many lit candles. Pretty cake though. Glad you had such a fun 3 day celebration.. My sister's is today but since she is in beautiful Hawaii, taking a ride on a ship around the different islands, can't call to wish her a happy birthday as I did you on your actual birthday. Cute picture of your niece
I've heard the wii is so much fun. I'm glad your birthday was special.
Hugs!
Kat
Sounds like an awesome time!
Hmmm. Maybe I should have Mulletman read your posts to give him some ideas. Oh wait, then he'd see the cake and candles; Forget that!
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! It looks like you had such a wonderful celebration.
Christie and Jason have a Wi* and they LOVE it. It's quite funny to watch Jason and Matt play.
What fun! I am so glad you enjoyed your celebration!
You all are just so fun!
Hugs,
Susan
Enjoyed hearing about your lovely birthday! :o)
Hmm... That feeling of warmth might just be the after effects of all those candles! TeeHee
Love, love, love the cake!!!
Susan
Fun! Fun! All those candles just made the cake that much prettier. And, I love the photo of you Tammy - beautiful inside and out.
You have been very well celebrated! And well deserved, too.
Happy birthday Tammy! Seriously, you look fantastic for your age. No worries mate. (Must be the west coast weather... moist!)
It's fun when we have snow here isn't it?
Hugs, e-Mom
P.S. Too funny! You must have been visiting me while I was here. I got back "home" and saw you had left a comment. Have a blessed day! (((Hugs)))
My 40's were my best years..... enjoy..... and great cake!!!
Thanks for explaining what Wi* is! I didn't have a clue!! It sounds like a lot of fun and good exercise too. I think I need to get one!
Yes, that is my granddaughter in the picture with Noodles. I love that picture, I like that the green scrunchies in her hair match Noodles green eyes.
Happy birthday again! What a great celebration!!
So fun! I loved your line about 45 not being so bad..."All it means is that you have to step up the workouts, the moisturizer, the Loreal color and sometimes the antiperspirant." Hee Hee:)
You must be doing a great job at it all because you look great.... (no flattering, completely honest:)
Happy Be-Lated birthday!
Good looking cake...yummy. I'll have to say you don't look your age. You look much younger.
I think I could get into the Wii. You look fabulous, Tammy. No one would ever guess you're my age!
great pictures..... and I know you had a great time..... I love the cake and you will look back on all that candle light and laugh....
you have a candle on my side bar...... go and get it my friend... Keep the candle burning..
hugsx0x0x
Tammy, how lovely it has been visiting you here today from down here in summer filled Australia.
You look like laughter fills your home and your hearts and that is a very nice way to spend a day and let me tell you 42(that is not old) now me, I am in my 50's and I am still not old!! you have a lot of laughter filled years to catch up to me. :)
I hope to visit you again here real soon.
Lee-ann
That's my age this year, too! Happy Birthday Tammy!
It sounds like you had a great birthday Tammy! Riverdance sounds like fun, your flowers are gorgeous.
I've seen lots of pics online of people playing wi, and they are always in these funny positions! So hilarious.
Hope you're having a good week.
I answered your question!
Happy Birthday!
You look WONDERFUL!!!
Happy Birthday. I'm not far behind you. My birthday is in Oct and I will be 44.
There are great things about becoming older. Gravity is not one of them, but it keeps me grounded (ha!) and humble.
Keep celebrating!!!
Tammy,
I love the photos of your birthday. Don't feel bad about the number of the candles. You're still a young lady. I am years ahead of you. I was a teenager when you were born and life gets better, though the aches and pains do come.
I do hope you and your children will enjoy my posts on Black History Month. Thank you for your comments on my post.
Take care. We're having a bad storm here and nothing much is moving.
Blessings,
Mary
PS If there is anything that your kids would like to learn about Black History Month, just let me know and I will post about it. I've spent years studying Black History and enjoy teaching others.
OK OK, I'm never going away for this long again. I missed so much!
Happy Birthday, dear Tammy! I'm sorry I missed the festivities! It appears you hae been well celebrated!
Thanks for enjoying the love story!
Kate is home - come over for the festivities.
Happy belated birthday. What a beautiful cake!
Loved this sweet post - you look lovely.
awww, you're still so young!
Happy Belated Birthday!
PS You look great for 45!
Post a Comment