
You might remember my telling about my brother in law and his wife, who while in the process of adopting a child, found out that they were expecting another in a more conventional way!
Their adorable little boy was born last summer, and they have suddenly gone from being "just a couple" all these years- to the parents of two!
A true miracle and double blessing.
Well, this Sunday was the big day...their babies' dedication!
The church is a large one, so they were just a bit nervous...
Our family's job was to reserve a whole pew for visiting family and friends who were coming. And it turned out to be a full pew!
We all sat huddled nicely together-with two and a half year old K. sitting like a perfect angel in my lap for awhile- and 6 month old S. being as calm as you please, gazing non-nonchalantly around, or showing occasional interest in the contents of his diaper bag...
...when very soon it was time for the four of them to go up to the platform.Our pastor briefly touched on their special story and while doing so, K. seemed very interested in being in this new vantage point.
Now, our church has a very large screen...and several other screens on either wall...and when we have dedications, the babies' photos are taken just before and displayed for all the church to see.
So, needless to say, K. was very enthralled with seeing herself everywhere...
before promptly announcing to the pastor (and hundreds of people) that she had to go potty.
Luckily, she's still in diapers, so we proceeded on. ;)
As the pastor prayed, we all extended our hands in prayer with him over these precious babies and their parents.

It brought back some memories for my husband and I...having each of our own babies dedicated was such a meaningful time for us.
And I remember another time, when this same brother in law tip-toed into my hospital room eight and a half years ago after my first baby had been born to peek in on his newborn niece. He didn't stay long, since I was recovering from some harrowing complications...but long enough to say wistfully, "I wish I could have one."
So, witnessing this prayer of dedication on Sunday, I was also witnessing God's incredible graciousness.
And I was glad I was there.








27 comments:
Tammy,
Awww...I love baby dedications! Thanks for sharing!
What a beautiful and touching post Tammy. How wonderful that your brother in law's prayers for a family have been granted..
xo
What a blessing of God! And I shall add my own Groovy blessing by saying, "May they grow in the nurture and admonition of the Lord to be His trusted and devoted servants from childhood to old age, should the Lord tarry."
I wish that I could have been there, but loved your telling of the event. It brought back memories of a time when yours were dedicated. It also brought back the time when you, our little one was dedicated. Dedicating a child back to the Lord who was the giver of that child, is an important step in bringing the child up to know & love the Lord.
They have such a sweet story. God is so good!!! And how very cute of their little 2 year old:)
A lovely little boy and a family who has been blessed. A dedication to God and a beautiful family.
*Sniffle*
What a sweet story and a blessing for your family.
Congratulations to your brother in law and his wife on the dedication of their babies!! I love events like that and it certainly does bring joy to the heart when you see young children have God brought into their lives:-) xoxo
beautiful story..... It is wonderful how God can take a wee small life and when dedicated to Him can turn it into a gift to the world... How wonderful that you sat there and witnessed that first hand.............
thanks for the prayers for jean... she is so special to me.....
Baby dedications are such a special moment. I remember the ones for our girls so well. It's amazing how over the years I've had to give them back to the Lord more than once.
That must have been so incredibly touching, after what he said! I love baby dedications, too. When Kristen's first two girls were dedicated, my dad and my FIL, both retired pastors, got to do the honors. How special that was!
Baby dedications are so wonderful. What a glorious time for you and your family. A total blessing to go from none to two beautiful children.
Wonderful!!!!
Susan
What a beautiful post! Such a blessing! We have friends who, after adopting along with us in China, started the proceeding again. They got a little girl this time (They got a boy when we all went) and then got pregnant after being told that would never happen! They are now the parents of 3 children under the age of 5 and VERY busy! But oh so happy!
Please give your family my love and best wishes!
Hugs,
Sue
I am so happy for your family. Dedications are so precious and two babies brought into their life is so wonderful. God is so good! Miracles are alive a well and happening! You are such a great auntie!
What a blessing...I love that you've seen this come full circle.
Hugs
How sweet! We dedicated all our girls, too, and it is a beautiful time for families.
Congratulations to your b-i-l and family!
Tammy,
A beautiful post. Babies are wonderful and I just LOVE dedication services.
I'm glad you were there so you could post about this special occasion.
Blessings,
Mary
Awww...that is wonderful! What a great post!!
Kelli
I love baby dedications! They also remind me of our kids, but yours is just so special, because of the struggle to adopt and all and now the happy ending, what a blessing!
Oh Tammy, what a sweet, sweet post about a sweet, sweet family. Our God is soooo good.
Hugs!
Kat
How wonder filled (I sit in awe and wonder over the grace of God). I hold my own baby dedications as one of the best moments of my life...only second to their baptisms!
What a great story and a blessing indeed! I love the photos... just precious.
We had a "family dedication" when your youngest was born. The previous churches we had been in never did dedications and we wanted to get that done. It was really special, as was your family's. Beautiful children. What a blessing.
I enjoy baby dedications at church - and especially the part where everyone at church pledges to be a part of the childs life with prayer.
How wonderful that he now has his "one" and it is two!
Post a Comment