Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas morning through sleepy eyes

I'm just finding a spare moment to post a little something...

I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas!

We did...in spite of the fact that Mommy and Daddy were each up in the wee hours of the morning getting some last minute things ready. You know...those things you can only do when the children are fast asleep.

The girls had a wonderful morning, so it really was all worth it.


There were dollies and games
and DVDs...including one of our favorite movies that the girls and their Nammy are watching right this minute...Curious George! I love it..."Up-side down...."

And out of all of the more expensive gifts under the tree, one of the favorites of Sweetiegirl was the simple pink scarf her little sister bought for her at the Dollar Tree...it was just what she wanted.


All in all, a very good Christmas with so much to be thankful for!

I did end up with a sleep-deprived headache that afternoon. And Hubby was a little lacking in zzzzzzz's, himself.



Can you tell by this picture of him openning his stocking that he was up until 2am?
But he's still pretty cute, anyway.

(Notice there's no pictures of me...I don't look cute with five hours sleep.)


Mandy, however, cannot help being cute...and she loved her new candy cane bone!

I don't know about some of you, but we're all still recovering a bit from everything. We still have upteen million little things scattered throughout the house. Their poor grandma can't sit down without moving a Barbie or package of socks over first.
But before I do, I must go finish watching that little monkey and the man with the yellow hat and have some more egg nog with the girls and my mom. I'll post again later this week...until then....

Blessings!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun was had by all. Even though it was sleepy fun.

Just wait until they hit the tweenie and teen age where they WON'T. GO. TO. BED! This year we put presents out days early (of course with the no names policy) becuase I can't stay up till 2 or 3 anymore to get them out Christmas Eve. :v)

Anonymous said...

I so remember being up in the wee hours doing those "necessary" things and then having the girls wake us up at 5 a.m. It still makes me tired to even remember how we had to drag ourselves through the day.

I love your photos. I love it that it's the simplest gifts that make them smile the most. And the photo of Mandy with her candy cane bone is adorable.

Get some rest! :-)

Carole Burant said...

Dearest Tammy...Merry Christmas to you and yours!! A couple of days late but I'm just now finally catching up with everybody! Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful Christmas...I so miss my boys being small but it was still fun to see them opening their gifts on Christmas morning! lol I think we're all sleep deprived and it will take us a few weeks to recover from all of this!!! By the way, congratulations to your 100th post! Well done!! I enjoyed reading the 100 things about you:-) Much love xox

ruth said...

As you can see, I got home safe & left a message on your machine. It was scairy following you to Farminton road as I had no idea where I was going & once had to turn quickly on a yellow light. I blinked my lights once to try to get you to turn your lights on to make it easier to follow you in your newer van.
Sandy keeps sniffing me & was
picking up Mandy's scent on my clothing. I had a wonderful time with all of you. The reason this is long is because of our e-mail problems.
ruth

Looney Mom™ said...

I can totally relate to not having any pictures of me! That's why I have control of the camera! It looks like you and your family had a great Christmas.

kel said...

Sounds like a great Christmas. We were up till wee hours putting together a castle and placing all the knights and horses just so around it.

Anonymous said...

What cuties your kids are! I ran around all Christmas Eve, too.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!
I well remember those days of staying up late on Christmas Eve and getting up oh so early the next morning!
They pass in the blink of an eye!
((hugs))

Dawn said...

Kristen came down and wrapped presents here (3 doors down from her house) so she didn't have to stay up until 2:00 this year. That was a good thing!

I haven't had time to read your 100th yet, but do plan on it. Mine is coming soon.

We're bracing for another storm that's supposed to hit tomorrow - hard to believe on top of the mess we already have!

Anonymous said...

*Warm fuzzies*

Anonymous said...

Our house is still pretty much a disaster area. The kids are having fun, though!

My four year old's dental surgery is on Tuesday (you said to let you know when). I'm not looking forward to it, but at least it will all be over in one day.

Grafted Branch said...

Lol! I never allow pictures of me on Christmas either -- unless we are somewhere for which I've dressed (which we almost never are because we're such happy home-bodies).

Happy New Year!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Sweet pictures! Thanks for sharing. I am still recovering...

Michelle said...

So glad it was a special celebration!

someone else said...

I'm glad you had such a nice day, in spite of the lack of sleep.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Christmas you all had. May you get lots of sleep over the next several days so you can face the New Year with zest and grace!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Christmas morning. I am still trying to red things up, of course with a sick kid's bed in the middle of my living room, it's not happening.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time! I haven't been getting much sleep either.
Glad you guys had a good Christmas.