
A Christmas Blues Poem by Tammy
Christmas is over...Little one has the croup
But she's just so picky and won't eat her soup.
Presents all openned and toys everywhere
The tree's shedding needles...
I'm too tired to care
No carols are playing
No more "Fa la la la"s
I guess you might say
I have post-Christmas blahs.
The temperature's dipping
But no snow in sight
The puppy is wild
and continues to bite
Did I say that Hawaii no longer holds charms?
Well, I guess I was wrong...
at least it is warm.

I can't help but wish, now that Christmas has passed,
that Spring would just hurry and blossom here fast.
But just as that song that Miss Andrews did sing,
I'll stop and just think of "My favorite Things"........
So, dreaming of beaches and palm trees that sway
Tulips and roses and warm, sunny days
Puppies that cuddle and dare not to bite
Children who share and never do fight
Houses that seem just to clean up themselves
Toys that are new -put away on the shelves.

Doorbells and sleighbells, no-calorie pie,
A day to myself just to read and to sigh,
A tummy so firm that never you'd see
Those candies and sugar plums hiding in me
So those are my post-Christmas wishes to sing
To cheer up my heart as I'm waiting for spring,
But now I must go, there are dishes to do
And puppies to chase and to walk and to "Shew!"
Reminding myself just how much God has blessed
As I think on the good...He'll take care of the rest!

Happy New Year!








29 comments:
Happy New Year!
Fun poem!
*Grin*
I do love your poems - the "dreaming" part was especially charming! Happy New Year to you too! Time to take a deep breath, huh?
Adorable poem. Makes me consider posting mine. Done considering: nope. Really fun.:)
Cute poem! The post-Christmas blahs are a bit present in our house too.
If you find out where they build them houses that clean up after themselves, can you drop me the information? Same with the no calorie pies, please!
Great poem! Have a wonderful New Year!
Awe, such an abundance of joy, family and a bit of hectic chaos. Isn't it great! :)
Although, it can play havoc on the nerves, enjoy it while it last, it goes so fast! lol
I relish a little quite time after being inundated with so much company and things to do. lol
Love this one! Ah yes, no-calorie pies sound good. I gained five pounds this year.
I am *craving* spring. After Christmas the grocery stores here start selling forced spring bulbs and little primroses. I'm keep an eagle eye out for them!
Your poem is so cute!
I'd love that house that cleans itself and the recipe for pie too!
Happy to see you counting your blessings as always!!
((hugs))
You know...I actually wrote this all this morning at the computer...when I should have been cleaning my non-self-cleaning house! ;)
Actually, it was very cathardic, since afterwards I immediately got up, showered, and proceeded to clean. At least I made a dent on the mess, even though there's still a lot more to go!
Thanks for taking time to read my little "blues" poem...you all cheered me up! :)
Houses that seem just to clean up themselves
oh ya... oh ya... oh ya...
great poetry
Cute poem, Tammy.
What a cute poem. You're very talented.
No blahs here. Just joyful relief.
Happy New Year!
I loved your poem! My post Christmas blahs have been from being lonesome after spending two days with all of you. My house is so quiet & Sandy being old just lays & sleeps all the time. My only excitement has been watching the Oregon State Beavers Sun Bowl game. Yes I actually watched a football game yesterday! It was one of those fairy tale types of win where the Oregon team came from behind in the last few seconds, 23 to be exact to win by one point.
ruth
Love your poem...girl, you are so creative!!
:-D
Happy New Year!!
I spent last night putting up every shred of Christmas decorations...tree and everything. We look so forward to Christmas, that when it is over, I like to put away the trappings and look forward to something else...like a new day. Blessings...I liked your poem!
Dreaming of palm trees gets me through the winter! Congrats on hitting the 100 mark!
Lol, funny poem. Happy New Year Tammy :)
You did a super job on that poem. I just love it. That is a great attitude of heart. Things can be tough this time of year. I know just what you mean.
In the meantime - have a very Happy New Year.
OK, now that you've got the blues out of the way, may you have a blessed and grace-filled New Year.
Just think the days are getting longer and the warm, balmy days of spring will soon be here
Very clever! We are still bouncing around on very rutted streets - they don't do such a great job of cleaning the streets around here. But, as we always say, "We need the moisture!"
Have a great New Year's Day and let's look ahead to great conversations in 2007! It's been fun being in on your family's doin's.
Nice poem!
Love the little picture, too.
Happy New Year! Hope you lose the blues soon. :>)
Happy New Year! Sweet poem!
Happy New Year to you and yours, dear Tammy! I'm so glad our paths crossed in this big wide world of blogging and I so look forward to future posts and comments:-) Loved this poem, you truly do have a talent for it!! Much love xox
Aww, that's a cute poem!
Very clever writing Tammy! I can certainly relate... This year I bounced back a little sooner, since our (almost grown) kids require so much less energy than they used to. But I remember those weary, weary post-Christmas days. :~)
loved this poem, so relate. even tody on January 5th! Happy New Year and all that. still lurking and loving the "reads" . Kim
Hey! I picked an older post so I wouldn't "interrupt" your current visitors. I got your comment on my blog, about my friends issue. I can tell you what it is but I just didn't want to post it b/c not everyone who knows her knows about this yet, and lots of my real life friends read my blog (and don't comment) so I can't tell online.
My email is kiliblog@cox.net
Hi, Mommy!
Ok, I know this a older post, and it's a little bit christmeus\new yearish, but I just had to read it! :)
I love your poem! I don't know how you thought of all those great rhyming words-I love it!
I really like reading nice poems because...they rhyme! Do you?!
Hey, can you send me an e-mail? I'll be sure to send you one back!
I Love You!
Love, You know who!
Post a Comment