Friday, October 05, 2007

Photohunt #2...


This week's theme word is "curvy".

Here is my daughter peering around inside the ominous shark tunnel at the Oregon aquarium in Newport, two years ago.
I remember we had such a great 4th of July that day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And as promised, I want to pass on the Fabulous Award I was so graciously given by Kathleen. But this is incredibly difficult because I think so many of you are truly fabulous. Honestly!



But I want to pass this on to just a few of the fabulous women I know...

Susanne, at Living to Tell the Story

Susie at Susie's Space

Sandy at 4 Reluctant Entertainers

Jill at Who Could Ask for Anything More

Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee

And goodness, I have a bunch more names on the tips of my fingers, so if you weren't one of these, please know that I probably completely think you're fabulous, too!

Now, it's way past my bedtime....but at least I don't have to be up on a roof all day tomorrow.
That would be my husband, doing an extra job for extra money- right here on our street with a friend from work. We get to occasionally wave to him, at least, while he works away.
I'm telling ya, I really do need to hogtie my sweetie and make him rest for an entire weekend!

Blessings to each of you!

36 comments:

Ingrid said...

That was a real good idea with the tunnel for this theme !

Joy said...

Nice shot!

ipanema said...

good take on the theme...a tunnel! :)

groovyoldlady said...

Curvy...I would have taken a pic of my HIPS!

Michele said...

OH MY, the tunnel is perfect for the curvy theme. Very nice picture!!
The Rocky Mountain Retreat

Anonymous said...

nice curves down under aquarium, it reminds me of the aquarium at Ocean Park in hongkong..happy weekend!
mine is up too.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Very cool! What a neat tunnel. :) Sounds like you had a great time at the aquarium. :)
My curvy photos.

Anonymous said...

great shots..must be cool down there..happy hunting!
mine is up as well!

randi said...

The tunnel looks amazing and scary at the same time! Good picture choice!

Justabeachkat said...

Great photo.

Congrats on the award.

Hugs!
Kat

Mommy Lutchi said...

great choice, I never been to an aquarium like that...it must be fun.

My Two Cents Worth and

The FOur Seasons Of My Life
hope you can visit me too.
TC


Would you care to ex-link with me ?

Susanne said...

What a great shot of your daughter looking so tentatively in that curvy shark tunnel! Great take on the theme.

And what a surprise to keep scrolling and find a lovely compliment. Thanks Tammy, I think you're pretty fantastic myself!

Barb said...

That photo is the perfect one to post for "curvy." Just think of all the ways a person could interpret that word. :-)

Extra work is a blessing, especially when he's so close you can wave at him. But I understand why you'd want to hogtie him and make him spend a whole weekend relaxing. He's a hard worker!

Susie said...

Good morning Tammy,
That tunnel looks like such a wonderful exciting place to spend a family day!
I was so touched that you have awarded me the Fabulous Award. Thank you so much!
When I read that your husband is working so hard again this weekend I thought how very blessed you are to have someone who is so devoted to providing well for his family. One doesn't often see such dedication these days.
He's a real "keeper"
xo

Carole Burant said...

I would have gotten dizzy in that tunnel I think! lol In Niagara Falls we had gone to this one museum that had a rolling tunnel like that...I just looked in and thought I was going to be sick...good thing they had an alternate way to continue the tour! lol xox

Jill said...

Thank you so much...you fabulous lady, you! Loved the photo.

Anonymous said...

I love aquariums,... and the tunnel especially. Come check out mine,... have a photo taken in the tunnel too, but different aquarium. Great job and have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Tammy, that tunnel pic is awesome. Very different than many of the scavenger hunt pics this week.

Nancy said...

I loved the photohunt photo you selected. I is just perfect. I bet it was also a fun place to be.

Anonymous said...

The curvy photos is underwater world ? hehe..

thanks for visiting my blog.. Hope to see u again.

ruth said...

Great shot of my little munchkin

alpha said...

oh this is cool!

thanks for the visit

jmb said...

The tunnel definitely is very curvy, good take on the theme.

Nadine said...

Congratulations on your award. Can I give it to you again? Because I think you are fabulous.

Nadine said...

The picture by the way is great.

Corrie said...

What a cool tunnel! I want to go there! Neat picture!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Of all the moms I visit, you and your fam seem to get around and see things the most! Your girls will be greatly enriched because of their opportunities you're providing them. And thank you for the sweet award!

Anonymous said...

Tammy, I wanted to answer your comment on the soy.

Please do talk to your doctor before you decide to do anything. I think everyone has a different situation which makes each decision unique.

Ginger emailed me with more details of her concerns, and they stem from some unique health issues in her family history. She has daughters that she wants to keep healthy, and she worries some about their decisions to take the soy.

My response to her, in addition to talking to her doctor, was that the studies are confusing, and seem to be different every year. But soy is such a huge portion of the Asian diet, and that culture has very little incidence of breast cancer ... or even other cancers.

I am basing my decision on the fact that I have no family history of breast cancer, a very early menopause, and after 8 yrs still needing some type of help to curb crazy symptoms.

Do some research, and definitely talk to your doctor. Yes, soy is a natural plant estrogen, and as such I think we need to go into it with wisdom. But ... as I said in my post ... it has really been a boon for me, which is why I could not keep silent about it.

I hope that helps and doesn't just muddy the waters evern more.

Sandy said...

Thank you, Thank you, Tammy! How generous and very sweet of you to give me that award.
I always love popping over to your site too ...
BTW, isn't that aquarium just awesome? Living in Oregon, I've been to it a couple times myself.
Thanks again! Sandy
(Come over and check out my birthday party fun!)

Sandra said...

Wow what a great tunnel, that must have been amazing to visit :)

Anonymous said...

Great curvy photo! That looks like a fun place to visit!

Ms. Kathleen said...

That is one cool aquarium and you are very welcome for the much deserved award! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy! I just wanted to tell you that most of my Disney World tips would be applicable at Disneyland, but some won't be. I do know that there is an Unofficial Guide to Disneyland. I am sure it is good. I am hoping we will go back to Disneyland when we are in CA in 2009 (my parents live in CA). Thanks for visiting!

Susannah said...

That's an amazing photo. It sort of looks like they're inside a trumpet! Hugs, e-Mom

Cris said...

What a great idea! I like the reflex.

Dawn said...

Wow, I'm 3 days behind! I was in an old bookstore in Georgia last spring and I know just what you mean by the musty smell. None of these books, however, was affordable! Great collection.