
Well, today was back to school for us here at home...and let me tell you that as wonderful and relaxing as our Christmas vacation was, I didn't come back to schooling feeling all refreshed and ready to tackle a new season.
I guess the two weeks off made me completely out of condition because I'm tired!
Do public school teachers sometimes feel this way, too?
But other than that, things went pretty well today.
And now I'm here stealing a moment while the girls and their daddy play Wi*. Actually, they discovered that you can custom design yourself as player, picking out cartoon hair, eyes, ect...so now their designing me.
I told them to surprise me...just make me look good, please.
I know that sounds vain, but since I'm approaching another birthday this month (and one of those "half-milestones" I'm not thrilled about) I want at least the virtual me to look great! ;)
OK...here's our virtual family.
I'm the cool looking gal on the end...my five year wanted to be the tallest. Oh well.

Lest you think all we do in our spare time is play this new family obsession, you'd be only partly right.
Remember that our oldest received a gently used violin for Christmas?
We decided to scrape together some money for lessons for a few months for her. They start later this month, but in the meantime she likes to get it out and experiment a bit.
I've never played this elegant little instrument...piano has been it for me, and only that just a little. But I was able to pick out the first four notes of "Twinkle, Twinkle" and then showed her...so now we amaze ourselves and our family with performances of those first four notes many times over...;)
I know, we're holding the violin, our hands, and our fingers all wrong...but thankfully her first lesson is in just two weeks. We'll try not to learn any new notes before then.
On a final note... (get it...note...?) ;) I hope to do something special on the blog for my birthday in two weeks...just not sure what, yet! But I'll let you know soon...
I have to do something...the whole idea of turning this age is just...strange! :O
Remember when you just couldn't wait until you turned the next number?
Long, long ago...
Here I was, celebrating my 7th birthday party at Ferrill's Ice Cream Parlour...
Smiling shyly as they all loudly sang... And I can still remember all the girls names at the table.
And diving into the huge "community" sundae which resembled Mt. Shasta...sitting there...waiting just for us!
Blessings!








24 comments:
Maybe another community sundae? :o)
Hmmmm. What shall we do for Tammy's birthday? I think we should all post pics of what we WOULD give you as gifts if we could afford it...
Oh, wow, I had a party at Ferrel's too! I think it was my 6th or 7th. What fun that was!
My Mii looks frighteningly like me. The kids have made one for every person who has come to visit while they were playing, so we've got quite the crowd running around our Mii screen!
OOOO, a birthday party. How fun!
Your four note concerts made me laugh. Good for you for figuring it out though. That would be beyond me.
I do think public school teachers feel the same way right after a break!
Don't let the "milestone" birthday make you feel anything less than happy to be in just the place you are at this time..
It's just the way it's supposed to be, so enjoy celebrating your special time!!
xoxo
I was a public school teacher before my kids were born, and January and February were the hardest months for me. I think the weather had a lot to do with it. Once spring weather came, things always looked brighter!
I'll look forward to your birthday celebration!
I love the birthday picture of you. There's definitely a resemblance between your girls and you.
Farrell's Ice Cream... oh yes! They had fantastic banana splits and other wonderful desserts. One of our first dates was at Farrell's! I'm sorry they closed the stores up here. Are they still in business in ORE?
Happy birthday to be... :~D
Hi Tammy :), e-mom sent me over at the New Year's Party, but I was out of town and missed the "introduction" to you. If you saw that post and wondered why I didn't say "hi", I thought it'd be nice for you to know the reason.
I think you and I share the same birthday year this year (I'll be...shhhh...45 in March). I haven't given it much thought til now...now you have ME thinkin' about it, lol).
Blessings to you in the new year...and I'll be back for a visit soon :).
Darling, don't moan & grown about turning 45! Think about your poor old mama turning 81 in March!! Now that's old. My body feels it but not my mind & spirit which still feels young at heart. It was neat seeing the picture of my liitle girl when she was 7, having fun on your birthday, like the little munchkins on theirs
I was amused by the virtual family members. If I play a game next time I'm there,I guess the girls will have to make a virual Nammy
Oh my goodness....I loved Ferrel's!! I had forgotten it.
Have a great day! And, yes, let's do something fun for your birthday.
Hugs,
Susan
What a sweet picture of your 7th birhday!
And about those found decorations around the house ... stick them in your underwear drawer :)
And to answer your questions YES, YES, and DOUBLE YES, Public school teachers feel anything but refreshed and relaxed after a 2 week vacation. Remember, they have families to take care of too, and Christmas to do, and clean up.
But just for fun, to show you how much fun YOU have ... click on this site and follow the link for the homeschool family. So cute!
http://www.timhawkins.net/video-audio.htm
When I turned 50 I left town early that morning and stayed gone all day... threw away all cards unopened and threatend all my family NOT to call and NOT to wish me anything......ahahahhaha oh well.. I have no idea what age you are going to celebrate but I have learned that the stages in life are all wonderful if you look for the wonder...... (I so wanted to play the violin) never got a chance.......I hope she does well ...
hugs.xoxoxo
Okay - now that your mom has told us which half year you're celebrating (though I think I knew), those of us who have passed that number long ago can try to remember what we were doing and how we felt! Let's see - my kids were 18 and 16. Life was getting rough. But God ha brought us through!
Yay! Yay, yay yay for violin lessons!
I'll bet if she likes it, and you look around (especially in the homeschool community), there is a Suzuki Book 4 student somewhere who would be willing to give Book 1 lessons for a *little* stipend and a lot of experience.
Fifi would do it, but y'all would have to move to South Texas.
And...I love that you have so many of your childhood pics and memories! Precious.
I loved Farrells.
When I was a kid I took violin lessons. I regret that I quit.
Whatever you do.. encourage, encourage encourage.
Community sundae. How fun!!!!
Susan
Ok, you brought back some memmories for me. Ferrel's Ice Cream Parlor was always a huge wish of mine, but I don't think I got to go to one until I was older.
Thanks for your sweet comment today. You have always been so encouraging and I appreciate it so much. I completly understand about pulling back from blogging. I did that a few months back and I feel much better about the amount of time I spend reading and commenting at blogs.
Ease up on yourself as a teacher... I rarely went back to public school teaching, rested, chomping at the bit, ready to tackle the world. Especially after my children were born.
We were addicted at Christmas to the Wi also (my son and dil brought theirs). They loved some guitar game that played the real songs as you played notes on the guitar. It was a hoot!
I always just make the best of all of my birthdays and milk it for all that it is worth. Instead of a birth"day", I have a birth"month"! hehe I look forward to what you come up with.
WE had a Farrell's in FL when Bill and I were stationed there in 1978. It was such fun!I guess they still have them just not where I live now!
Aw, age is must a number..spoken like a woman who will be 52 this year. Now, how did I get to be THIS age??
*smile*
I am so glad you had such a sweet season and I loved your New Year's photo!
Happy New year!!
Hugs,
Sue
My grandchildren got a wi and now I want one to. They are so much fun. Love the picture of you at the age of seven. And remember you are not geting older just...BETTER..........
It's always hard to get back into the swing of things with a two week vacation. I have three day weekend and I'm done for. ;)
All I can say about teachers (and parents who home school" you all deserve to be made saints! lol I just wouldn't have had the patience for it.
How exciting that your little one will be taking violin lessons...you'll have to make a little video of her playing once she's learned:-) Hopefully your camera does have a video option??
I know how these milestone birthdays feel like! lol I love that picture of your 7th birthday party...wouldn't it be fun to be able to have all these same people attend your 45th birthday?
Take care dear friend. xoxo
Oooh a birthday, fun!
She looks so cute with her violin! And how wonderful for the lessons, she'll enjoy it I bet.
Post a Comment