
Well, as promised, to help me celebrate my birthday this week, I will be talking more about the giveaway.
But first...welcome...you are about to pass through...
The 45th Parallel! (da, da DA!)
To celebrate,
But a little background, first...
Up until 18 months ago, and for about three years, I sold Pampered Ch*f.
Yep, shy me would drive to unknown places, and give presentations in front of gatherings of folk I did not know, and attempt to make actual food...while talking.
This was especially challenging since prior to starting in that venture, I only knew how to make about five meals from scratch. (OK, four.)
But, as we said in the business, "The right tools are everything!"
And here is one of the best tools in the line...
The classic scraper! Now, the photo doesn't do it justice...(I was having trouble with the lighting) but trust me, it's so cute!
This is a Pampered Ch*f silicone scraper (brand new in the unopened wrapper) which works amazingly well as it clings to your mixing bowls, getting every last drop.
Plus, it's also great for stirring hot foods because it's extremely heat resistant!
This one was a limited edition, which came in a "Spring" color of lime green just a couple years ago. It's no longer available, but the classic white scrapers sell for $10.50.
I have several of these in various sizes that have been going strong for five years now...love them!
OK, have I sold you? Actually, I'm not selling it, I'm giving it away to the lucky winner!
But in order to be entered, there is a tiny bit of work to be had. But just a tiny bit! Don't run off, now!
Here's how: Simply take a quick peek at my archives, and name one of my previous posts and why you liked it. Easy as pie! (Which you can make, using your new, handy-dandy scraper...) ;)
(But please, please don't tell me why you didn't like a post...or I might cry or something...since I am almost in the 45th parallel...and post-post-partum and pre-menopausel...and all...) ;)
It can be just one sentence.
Not that I'm fishing for compliments, truly, but it would be too easy to grab a title and just type it... (not that any of you would really do that...right?)
And besides, like most of you, I am curious as to what readers especially liked...
was it something that made you think...or cry...or maybe laugh?
OK...ready? GO! ... and then tell me in the comment section of this post and I'll enter you in!
(Oh, and if you don't have a blog, be sure to have a way for me to contact you in case you win!)
On the morning of my birthday, I'll have one of my little girls draw a name out of a hat and then we'll be puttin' that lime scraper in the mail!
It is now safe to temporarily leave the 45th parallel at your own risk...;) Drive safely.








49 comments:
Oh Tammy...I love games. I have a scraper and don't really need another one...BUT I will tell you my favorite post of yours...I promise I have looked through your archives and I can't find it! Is it possible that it's more than a year old? I don't know. It was the story of the fish tank and the scavenger hunt your husband sent your girls on to find it. Oh please tell me I'm not having a "moment" and remembering the "wrong post" or worse, the "wrong blog"....
Tell me you remember that post...
Hugs, and Happy Happy Birthday!
:-) Susan
I loved the post "Worth waiting for". I loved to read how you met your hubby and looking at the pics of when you weren't riding the 45th parallel! ;v)
Oh and if I didn't say it before, Happy Happy Birthday to you! Many hugs and blessings!
Tammy- I have several of those scrapers and so I'll let the contest to someone else, but I do want to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY and many, many more blessed years. Also, I think my favorite post of yours in recent memory was the one on Submission back in the fall (November or late October??). It was wonderful. Let us know what kind of fun things and celebrating you do and again, a very Happy B'day to you, dear friend.
I have loved so many, and can't seem to locate one in particular - some have made me laugh, some cry, and some just smile because they were so sweet. I love the stories of your childhood as an only of older parents. I love your stories about being an older parent of adorable little girls. There was one about your dad and his car, and him holding you, I think? I really liked that one.
As for Pampered Chef - I'd love to win this, because I don't go to their parties and buy their expensive stuff, though I know it's wonderful. My next door neighbor is in the business and makes beaucoup bucks, but she talke SO LOUD that I can't stand to go to her presentations!
I'd LOVE to have the cute little scraper!
Re your comment today - I watched so many little fat ladies struggling back onto the rubber boat and I know there was no where on this earth that I would be able to do that - at the best of times, and most especially not with a sore sore knee and ankle! I am perfectly content to stay in the boat and watch and read and take pictures - thank you very much!!
Please pray for Kristen this morning - she landed in the hospital last night with chest pains - pericarditis. Scary stuff.
Happy birthday to you! I loved your "Welcome to my neighborhood" post.
"Sticks and Stones"--I am mentioning as the post--just because we all go through that in our lives!!! I think our kids sometimes see us as weird--but I believe we all have a bit of weirdness----Hey, I love weirdness!! So happy birthday to one weirdo from another weirdo!
I think one of my favorite posts of your was "Our Easter Service Speaker...Finding Hope and Purpose" when Nick Vujicic was at your church. This man of God is just so amazing and you shared so much of that joy in your post. Have a wonderful day!
Oh, and have a blessed birthday! You are still a "spring chicken!" ☺
I know you have posts that are inspiring and thoughtful, but I came across the one about seeing Evie in concert which you posted in December, 2006. I loved this one.
I remember Evie and saw her in person way back in the 70s. Her Christmas album is one that we have always cherished and use during the season.
Oh, also, you can still ask questions over on my blog. It isn't too late.
And, Happy Birthday to you this week!!
Tammy,
There are actually two previous posts that I really love. The first is the dedication service because I love babies and loved learning about them and how they came to be in your family.
The second is the New Year's post because you mentioned your 80 year old mother coming for a visit. Mom is also 80. I also liked it because you showed the photos of the games and told how you and your hubby spent a lot of family time with the girls.
Congratulations on the giveaway and Happy Birthday.
Blessings,
Mary
Happy Birthday Tammy! I hope you celebrate and enjoy all week long!
My favorite was the one about your parents - 8/29/07 For My Parents. I loved the photos and the post was so sweet.
I don't have one of those scrappers so I'd love to win.
Hugs!
Kat
I would be hard pressed to choose one post becauuse as your mom, I love them all & yes I have shed a few tears reading some of them, especially the ones about your dad. I loved the pictures you posted of your daddy holding you in his arms,(tears on that one)
I love the ones also where you share your faith & to see how the girls have grown in theirs through you & my son-in-laws Godly example.
Happy Birthday darling!
Well happy birthday to you! I don't have one particular post, rather it's a culmination of posts! I've enjoyed reading all of the treasures from your childhood you've found in your mom's house and have brought back for yourself - or your girls. The board games, the pictures, the school work, the dolls! It must be so fun finding those long forgotten items again!
Happy Birthday! Well I went back to Thursday, October 12, 2006”
ALOHA..."
I really enjoyed this shorter post. ;) Our little family of three went on our first vacation last year and I'm looking forward to this year's trip. And, your post had me excited about the possibility of a "plane trip" vacation when my daughter is older.
I enjoy all the posts that you have but the New Year Ramble was a neat post because the whole family was together including your mom and husband that is usuall so busy. I think family time is so important and the fact that you could talk, play games and just be together was a wonderful thing.
I LOVE Pampered Chef. My kitchen is filled with their products. I don't have that cute scraper in the interesting color.
So I looked and this is the one I picked:
November 4, 2007 post on submission in marriage. I liked how you spoke the truth in love. It was well written and concise.
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Don't Mind Me...I'm just going through my Awkward Stage
I went back and read several of your posts..... then I went back and re-read this one... It took me back to when I turned 40.. I was at my best in my 40's.. I think that we women are at our peak in our 40's ...
Then came 50 and I left town and told all family to LEAVE ME ALONE....... and the 50's were years of much change in my body and skin..... Then last year in March I turned 60.... In January before that birthday I had surgery and did not know until it was over if it was bad news........ and I give all the praise to God it was good news and I went home with just a few stitches and peace of mind.... I turned 60 just two months later... 60 was beautiful....... and you will find as you get to celebrate these decades that your attitude changes about so many things....True freedom comes with age..... it really does........ ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY.............
I am new to blogging and enjoyed looking through your blog. my favorite posts were some of your "Family Doin's" posts, especially ones that have pictures like the autumn one tht includes your autumn activities... pumpkins, leaf impressions etc. Great to get a glimpse at real life.
I hope you have a happy birthday Tammy!
Hard to pick just one...I loved reading your posts about your Hawaii trip, the one when you told about meeting your hubby too, that was so sweet! I loved your Christmas tour of homes and seeing around your place, and the one where y'all picked out your Christmas tree, you always have such cute pics. And I love when you share from your heart.
Dear Tammy,
How sweet of you to have a giveaway for your birthday. It's so difficult to pick a favorite post, because I truly look forward to reading each one. You have a way of telling a story that makes me feel I'm right there with you.
So, in light of that, I'd have to say your posts about Hawaii were great and also your post about the Memorial Day wedding (and all the details of that day)
You're such a great writer, it's truly hard to choose.
Thanks for all your kind words and prayers for Grandpa.
love and ((hugs))
xo
I'm going to have to go back and look.
Your post on Marriage Monday, November 4 last year on Submission is my favorite.
To quote you: "And if that someone is loving his wife, seeking her counsel, putting her needs above his, and seeking God's will as he leads, then that's when a true picture of marriage in the way God intended begins to emerge.
Because an earthly husband and wife are really a symbol of Christ and His Church. We are all the Bride of Christ."
I so believe this and am so thankful that you, especially as a younger wife, wrote such a wonderful, truthful post on one of the biggest blessings of marriage. Submission, just like Christ TOLD us to do!!!!
((hugs))
Susan
Oh you had one early last year (Feb, I think?) about dreaming you had to go potty, but it was at a party and everyone could see you. Hysterical!!! Loved that one!
Happy Birthday!
Tammy~ I didn't have to do much research because I remembered exactly which post was my favorite and WHY!
May 14th and 17th, 2007~ With This Ring
I love all of the posts about your girls because it reminds me of the days when my two were young (they were both in several weddings) and this one especially rang true because it was very close to the time that Katherine would be getting married. I enjoyed all of the wedding details, the funny mishaps (shoes, car, etc..), the weather, the beauty shop visit to your old stomping grounds, and my all time favorite photo... your daughter in her flower girl dress- asleep in the car at the end of a very long day. PRICELESS!
I have also admired you as a Christian home schooling mom and I enjoy the creative school ideas that you share from time to time.(I am a retired teacher.) Your posts are flavored with your faith in God which you willingly share, giving me inspiration when I need it most. And then on top of all of that, I love your sense of humor. So many of your post, just make me laugh and put a smile on my face~ and I feel very fortunate to count you as one of my blogging friends.
Now... Happy Birthday and thank you for blessing my life.
I think that scraper has my name on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It took me awhile to find the one I was looking for in your archives. It is called "Perfect Acceptance" and I forgot when it was dated. From last summer or spring I think.
It concerned your desire to be liked by everyone, and when that went awry, how much it hurt.
I loved it because it was so transparent and honest, and you didn't leave us on a gloomy tone but you worked it through in your post. You came to the correct conclusion that you are God's. Alone. And that is enough.
I think it was one of the earliest posts I had read on your blog.
Anyway, that's it, and there you go.
Oh, and I'd love to win the scraper. I don't have one of those nice ones. I have the cheapy Wal*mart ones.
And ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Hi Tammy! The post that had me laughing out loud was the one Hip To Be Square about your television viewing! It just cracked me up when you mentioned about the host of House Hunters and you knew when she grew her bangs out!! I love that show too but I wasn't smart enough to notice the bangs issue until now that you mention it. I like her better with bangs! lol!
Happy Birthday! xox
The post announcing "Mandy" is awfully cute. I love her little puppy eyes.
Thanks for the contest!
Hi Tammy - and Happy Birthday. We have a bunch in common - I'm turning 45 this yr, we both live in OR, and I sold PC too! I was a Director in 1999 - and it was a blast.
I don't have time to read back thru your posts, but the one that comes to mind is at Christmas when you got your daughter a violin. I loved that post ... it just felt so warm and fuzzy to read because I know what violins do to little girls! :) And big girls (me)! LOL.
Sure, I'll take another scraper! Mine are getting O L D ! :)
Sandy
My favorite post is "Worth Waiting For"... I felt an immediate connection. Both of us were late bloomers who did out of the ordinary things when we met Mr. Right. :o)
(I also LOVE your poetry!)
Happy Birthday, this is a fun way to celebrate it on your blog. I think I'll keep it in mind when my rolls around.
Hello dear Tammy:-)
Ooooh a giveaway...I so love the Pampered Chef items! I'm also in desperate need of a good scraper...the one I'm using now is from the dollar store. Enough said! lol
Very hard to pick just one post that I've enjoyed...I've loved everyone of them. But...if I do need to pick one, it has to be the one you posted on Wednesday, August 29, 2007 titled A Golden Half Century Ago. The story of your parents went straight to my heart...they went through so much throughout their married life and yet through all the struggles, to end up becoming ministers, well, that is the very best!!
I'm so missing blogging on a regular basis...can't wait for life to get back to normal around here so that I can blog regularly again!!
Will be back tomorrow to wish you a Happy Birthday:-) xoxox
Oh, I love Pampered Chef. I thought about selling it myself. I don't have one of those fancy scrapers....please add me into the drawing.
I loved the post from September "and to think he doesn't even watch HGTV.
My husband and I sat watching those shows while on vacation. Well I started watching and he got involved in it too. Now he's thinking he knows how to pick paint colors for the house.....YIKES!
Thanks for considering me!
Julie
Aww, Tammy, your words on my blog were so sweet. I am so glad that God brought me to your blog today.
I understand walking back through the wounds, it is so hard. It hurts. It's like the surgeon going in and cutting down through the bone and marrow, the muscles and sinews, to remove the disease that is damaging the heart. It hurts, terribly.
The thing I have come to understand is that as He opens the wounds up, He pours in the healing ointment. The lies that are embedded in must be removed so that we can live in His truth.
Hang on, dear one. He will heal your broken heart.,
I love the chapter of Hosea 2:. I would encourage you to read it all. It is a beautiful chapter. Another favorite scripture of mine is Isaiah 61: . I love the whole chapter. He takes our ashes and turns them into beauty.
Thank you for reading what I have written. You have no idea how much it blesses me. I write to release the treasures of God's heart poured into me, that have brought me freedom and life. It honors me that others would want to read my words.
Have a blessed day, and please stop by anytime. I would love to encourage you to continue on!
Many blessings,
Julie
PS. I too am a home school mom. I am in my 16th year.
I still love the one about the sandwich generation. The stories about your mom are always wonderful.
I'm angry with blogger right now. I was just typing my comment and it ERASED EVERYTHING! Grrrrr
OK Lemme try again.
First of all, let me assure that I adore Pampered Chef products. Whoo-hoo! and I am of the firm belief that no one who loves cooking can anywhere near enough quality scrapers.
I really liked your post: "Come on, ring those bells..." (my evening with Evie!) because A.) I didn't recall having read it before and
B.) I LOVE EVIE!!!! I still have 3 of her LPs and I used to sing ALL her songs. I have one book of her sheet music. I even placed in a talent show singing "Mirror".
Happy birthday, Tammy. I, too, LOVE those scrapers. I love all the silicone baking goods these days.
I love the Pampered Chef. They have great products!
Well, you posted this on Sunday and I can't for the life of me figure out which day's your birthday, but I did want to answer this. :-)
Hands down, my favorite post(s) you've ever done was the three part series, in October of '06, on your hilarious Maui adventure. I was mighty tempted to choose Welcome to My Neighborhood, which you did in September of last year, because you live in beautiful Oregon and it was so nice to see your photos, but nope. It had to be the three posts you did about your crazy adventure to Maui!
PS - Happy Birthday! 45? You're just a baby. LOL
I'm crossing my fingers for the drawing!
Seriously - wait'll you see the new pictures!
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!
I hope you are properly spoiled!
God Bless!
Happy Birthday!!!
Oh, I have one of those & LOVE it! BTW...Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday and thanks for your generosity! I really liked your post from last October about 'Cuz Ken' - it is good to realize that lots of relationships change over time.
Happy Birthday and thanks for the great contest too!! Hmmm...I read through a few of your past posts and they're all so good! honestly!! I think I liked your post on Friendship though...and there are such cute pictues on that one too!!!
I loved your Happy Birthday Sweetheart post, it was just wonderful, to hear about your hubby.
Happy Birthday to you!
I really liked the portraits and shopping and trees- oh my! I think family outings to get trees are super!! They really bring back great memories!
I love Pampered Chef, and I love the scrapper. Mine is all scratched up and has rips in it, so it needs replacing! Thanks for a super giveaway!
Post a Comment