
So... I had planned to tell you that I was going to take a bloggy break... when our internet service was interrupted for two days!
But I'm back- but just for the day!
Let me explain...
Our pastor has encouraged those of us who would like to, to participate in a time of prayer and fasting leading up to Easter. And although fasting does mean from food, he suggested that some of us could also "fast" from something else that may distract us. And for those of you who blog, I think you know where this is leading!
The purpose of this is to simple shut out some of the distractions and try to focus in on the Lord a bit more as we head into Easter Sunday.
I've got to be honest....because of all of our road trip preparations, and the fact that we leave just six days after Easter, I think it's been especially challenging for our family to dwell on Easter- and it's very real meaning.
So, in order for me to better do this, I'll be fasting from the blog world in these last few days leading up to Easter Sunday.
Not only do I hope to spend some of this time alone with the Lord...but I hope that our whole family will also be able to focus in on Him and that my children will understand a bit more about His great love.
Yes, they'll be participating in a few egg hunts...but in the midst of these fun times, I hope they will also see Jesus.
By the way, I found this book at our church library and we read it last night at bedtime. I thought some of you might be interested...
I highly recommend this book, written by Chris Auer, and richly illustrated by Rick Johnson, as a read aloud for children during this season...or anytime! 
Well, before I officially begin my break, I want to announce the winner of my giveaway- a new DVD of the old classic, "His Girl Friday"!
I just had my oldest little girl draw a name...and...the winner is...
Gail from More Than a Song!
My daughter exclaimed, "Gail won it again!"
Yes...this is true! A two-time winner from me!
But I wasn't going to throw her name back because she was picked fair and square! My five year declared, "Wow, that Gail is good!" heehee
Congratulations, Gail!

One more thing... After I return from my blogging break leading up to Easter, I will try to post twice that week. But then...I will be having yet another blogging break!
That's the countdown calendar my girls made...way back when the number started at 35. Now look at it...10. We can hardly believe it!!!
I think almost everyone by now knows that means when we'll be leaving for our long-awaited road trip to California!!!!
And unlike some of you dedicated bloggers, I won't be posting from the road.
But you can bet I'll be back as soon as we return, with stories and pictures to share!
Oh, I suppose there will be some laundry to do, too...but after two blogging breaks, I think that should take a backseat by then, don't you? ;)
So, in case by now you're completely confused...a re-cap:
I will be back before the trip- right after Easter.
But a week later...we have an appointment with Mickey and all the Disney princesses!
So today, I'll be visiting as many as I can for this one day of blogging I'm allowing myself this week!

A very Blessed Easter to each and every one of you!








22 comments:
Just wanted to wish you a blessed Easter. I think your plan of fasting is wonderful and will be very meaningful to your spiritual life. You won't get this till after Easter probably but know that my thoughts are with you during this time of fasting and reflection.
I can feel your excitement for your trip to Disney with your family and I know you will have a WONDERFUL time there!
I hope you have a wonderful, wonderful Easter. Oh, and a trip to Disney World sounds AMAZING! I hope that everything is as much fun as you hope.
A Happy Easter to you and your family, Tammy! May you be blessed as you seek Him.
What a wonderful plan to capture the true meaning of this blessed day.
You'll be in my prayers for safe travels as you visit the land of Mouse. I know your family will love seeing all that Disneyland has to offer.
We may be gone when you post after Easter, but I will catch up with you after we return.
love and ((hugs))
Wishing you a Happy & Blessed Easter also. Hope you find time to make a call or two to me while you are on your trip so that I don't have to wait until you are back to share the fun time you all are having. Hope the new cell phone gets there soon.
A blessed Easter to you and yours.
Susan
I hope you're having a wonderful Easter week Tammy! And I know y'all are looking forward to your trip, we'll be excited to hear all about it when you get back.
Oh my goodness, I did win a book from you last year I think! Thank you, the dvd sounds good & it's not one we've seen. I really enjoyed the book; I'm letting my sister read it now and then I might pass it on later as well.
May your time with the Father bring you closer to Him.
Congratulations Gail on winning a great movie.
Have a blessed Easter weekend Tammy! :~D
It's always worth a break to focus on Him. (We'll miss you, though!)
Rats, I missed you on Wednesday! I trust the time of fasting and prayer will be a blessing to you and your entire church family.
I can only imagine how excited you are about your trip to the Big D. We went when Kristen was a baby (total disaster) and then when they were 3 and 5 - it rained and was a disaster that way, but we had such a good time (except when I got a reoccurrence of strep throat when we got up to the Redwoods. Great story I should share sometime.
I know you'll have a grand time. It's such a great place and your girls are just the right age. I hope the lines aren't too long!
When you do come back, go and read my Good Friday post - it will bless you (not my words, which is why I can say that!)
Happy Easter to you and your family, Tammy.
Happy Easter and have an amazing vacation.
Great post. I've been out of the loop for a couple months, posting when I can but not getting around to my favorites.
Happy Easter to you and your readers!
Tom at POI
Happy Easter to you and your family.
Tammy, have a wonderful break. I admire you for doing this!
You enjoy your break and let us know what you hear from the Lord.....
blessings
You enjoy your break and let us know what you hear from the Lord.....
blessings
I love it that you did this and I hope that you were able to see Jesus in very real ways this Easter.
Many hugs...and peace as you prepare for your trip.
:-) Susan
I just wanted to wish you and yours a very Happy Easter season!
Welcome back!!! I trust you had a special time of fasting and celebration. :~D
I can hardly wait to hear about your road trip. The weather is starting to improve, and you should have a fantastic time. I lurve Disneyland... (forever a kid at heart.)
have a blessed break.
Post a Comment