Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend


Edited to say that I wrote this yesterday...and then just as I was ready to hit post, due to a misunderstanding with our new server, our internet was shut off yet again! So, I still haven't even gotten to visit most of you! I think we're back now...mostly...;)

Hello...Happy Monday and hoping all of you had a very blessed Easter!


Well, I made it through my blog "fast" and I wanted to quickly post before the girls and I start school time this morning.

Plus, the house is in shambles...I think we're going to have a lesson in "Domestic Organization" today, too!





I have to say that there were a couple days that I
so craved sitting down at the computer and reading all of my favorites places! But I resisted!

I would like to tell you that I was able to spend many hours of wonderful quiet time alone with the Lord, but honestly, I wasn't able to have as much quality time in prayer as I would have liked.
But
I was able to devote some extra time to prayer in the days leading up to Easter.
My favorite time was when I opened the Bible and began reading the events of the Resurrection.
It had been years since I actually read to myself this wonderful passage, and it really blessed me!

But one of the most beneficial things I think I did was that on Thursday and Friday, before we started in on the workbooks during school time, I read to them a few pages from another wonderful children's book, called, "The Story of Easter" by Christopher Doyle.

I read just a few pages each morning, as it described the events of Jesus leading up to the Resurrection. And as I could see my children's faces as they hung on every word, it felt SO rewarding.
I know God led to me to do this and it was one of the simple, quiet highlights of my week.




Easter weekend found us at a nearby church Easter egg hunt....a little wild- a little crazy, but the girls sure had fun! Their daddy had to work that Saturday, so I was in charge...and I think this was some good practice for me for winding through crowds of people in California amusement parks!
This church really went all out...free pony rides, a petting zoo, three big inflatable play structures, a "Good News" station (where children heard the salvation message) and free goody bags for everyone.


And of course...the egg hunts!


Look at the newborn baby goat kids nursing...so sweet!


Then after church on Easter Sunday, we spent the day with my husband's many siblings and their families...eating, talking...and then yet another egg hunt!


And of course, when spending some good time with one of the favorite uncles, it's
always good to make sure he's properly turned out for Easter.
(Uncle B. is indeed a long-suffering uncle...it's no wonder she loves him so much!)


And now, as you can imagine, in this last week leading up to our trip, I have SO much to do!
But in-between, I hope to catch up with some of you...because, really, as busy as I am, I missed you all and here I am about to be gone yet again!

I'll be back one more time, too, before we all pile in the car and head to the sunny California.

Until then, don't snitch too much of your child's Easter candy, ya' hear! ;)

Blessings!

14 comments:

groovyoldlady said...

Looks like a lovely time of celebration. My kids didn't get much candy, but I got a bit and, being the nice mom I am, I shared.

gail@more than a song said...

It sounds like y'all had a nice Easter! And I bet you will be busy getting ready for your trip; pre-trip panic my hubby always called it for me! Too much to do when little ones are involved.
I ate a bit too much of my big kids candy. :)

Tammy said...

Well, Groovy and Gail still love me! LOL
Have the rest of you forgotten me so soon? I'm not insecure or anything... ;)

Nadine said...

What a great day you had. What fun that the church put on such an elaborate celebration.

Anonymous said...

happy easter, tammy. God bless!

Midlife Mom said...

What a lovely post! You have inspired me to get more into the Word, it always blesses us doesn't it? Loved the pictures, the Uncle is a good sport I can see why the girls would love him so much, tell him he looked lovely in the Easter bonnet! lol! I am so looking forward to your pictures and tales from Dis*ney!!!!!!! You'll have to keep a journal every day for us!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to do your fast. It is rewarding when you can incorporate the fast with more time with the Lord. Sometimes that is hard with a family.

I am almost ready to do another fast I think. For me, once a month would be a good thing.

You had a happy Easter. I can tell from the pics.

Have a good week getting ready to go. And if I don't talk to you, a wonderful trip.

Mary said...

Tammy,

I'm glad you enjoyed Easter and I'm sure your children enjoyed the Easter story.

You are going to have a wonderful time in Disneyland. I look forward to all the photos.

Have a wonderful day and try not to stress. Everything will work out.

Blessings,
Mary

Cris said...

What a lovely time you had with your friends and family! Your church is so nice to get all the kids involved, love it, I like the way you do things there, and how everyone takes part.

ruth said...

Glad you had a wonderful Easter. I'm thankful your new phone- computer set up is now working. It was very frustrating to be out of communication with you!! I look forward to getting updates on your trip & will be praying for all of you every day of course. Loved the Easter pics!

Dawn said...

I'm about four days behind - missed Barb's daughter's whole ordeal!

Looks like a wonderful Easter for you,and the week leading up. We have a bit deal for Easter Saturday but didn't get any pictures.

I hope you can come over for my 300th post and little giveaway before you leave!

Denise said...

you have a great time and I pray that God keep you safe ..... and bring you home again......

you and your family have LOADS OF FUN...........

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blessed week and Easter Sunday.

No candy around here :( I think it's the first time I forgot to buy something for my girls. They are growing up.

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Tammy

Gosh, it seems f-o-r-e-v-e-r since I've been able to visit you. You've been very busy and I've enjoyed each and every post I've missed. I'm excited for you about your California trip. As you know, we just returned from ours. We had a ball, but it's always nice to return home. I'm still gradually catching up on things around here. (Just in time before company comes next week...our daughter and my Mom and Aunt.) Have a wonderful time.

Hugs!
Kat