Friday, March 14, 2008

March tidbits


Thank you to all of you who sent birthday wishes along to my mom! She read them all here (and she commented to that post twice, too!) and I can assure you that she was blessed by your sweet comments!

The blog party is now officially ended...and well, just like last year, I didn't visit near as many blog party-goers as I had planned. Time just seemed get away from me! But it was fun to meet at least a few new (to me) bloggers...it's amazing just how small the world seems now through the internet!
I will having one of my girlies draw a name and then I'll announce the winner of my giveaway in the next couple days!

I simply cannot have March 17th come and go without cooking corn beef and cabbage- and sitting down to watch John Wayne and fiery Maureen O'hara roam the wilds of Ireland. If you've never seen it, you are truly missing out!
I'm just a little bit Irish and wear that little bit proudly every year! What about you? Do you have any St. Patrick's Day traditions?

Our beautiful pre-spring weather has left and we now are drenched in a 10-day forecast of rain. I know it's to be expected, but the burst of energy I had just a few days ago is slipping! I'm back to wanting to curl up with a good book again...hope the sunshine returns soon. On the other hand, if it doesn't, it will make us all that more excited to be on our way to southern California!

I have more to tell you on my post where I announce the giveaway...
About trying to slow down and focus on the Lord on this last week leading up to Easter- despite crazy schedules and preparing for upcoming car trips to Disneyland only two weeks away...
It seems more than impossible to find any time reflect, I have to admit...but God said that with Him, all things are possible.
So, I'll explain more on that in a few days.

Until then...


Have a wonderful weekend...and Palm Sunday!

19 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

I love your new header Tammy!
No big St. Patricks day traditions here; we're usually skiing then for spring break but sadly, no trip this year!
Hope you have a good weekend.

Grafted Branch said...

My Fifi is ALL ABOUT Ireland these last few months, so we're headed out to do something fun after church tomorrow. Hopefully, we get there before people have had much chance to walk worthy of the title "drunkest city in America."

We saw that movie a few weeks ago for the first time!

Sandy said...

Yes, cold weather is back. Boo Hoo.
Already had our corned beef and cabbage meal - yum.
I don't know how peeps have the time to do the blog party stuff. Oh well ...
Happy WEEKEND!

Susanne said...

It's supposed to snow a bit around here this weekend.

We have no St. Patrick's Day traditiond. But Beck at Frog & Toad Are Still Friends did some awesome things with her kids.

Mary said...

Tammy,

I love your St. Patrick's Day graphic. We are finally having some mild weather in my neck of the woods, but still have huge snowbanks everywhere. I seen Canada Geese heading north today, so hopefully that means they are moving into northern Ontario.

I can hardly wait to see photos of your trip to Disney.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I love the new look, Tammy.

I'll make corned beef for the Butler and our teenager who is stil at home. I will eat the cabbage and the new potatoes and the carrots.

The best part is that I will make sugar cookies and frost them with green -- of course!!!

Enjoy!

Beck said...

Your St. Patrick's traditions sound wonderful! I LOVE corned beef!

groovyoldlady said...

I wouldn't do corned beef and cabbage, but I might make some soda bread. I've a wee bit of the Irish in me and twouldn't do to let it pass without some good Irish food. The best part, though is using the shamrock to explain the Trinity...

:-)

Denise said...

Tee shirt contest is finished and a winner is announced and the design is finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go and take a look and I will get out and about and get caught up on all my friends blogs……………….. I will try to read and find out what you gals have been up to this week…………..

Hugs

Dawn said...

I have fixed corned beef and cabbage the last few years - no Irish here at all, but a good, low coast meal that DC likes. Haven't seen the movie - might have to check it out.

Easter is so early this year - doesn't seem like it at all. It's snowing right now - really coming down, with huge flakes.

I didn't do the blog party this year - not enough time to visit everyone. There are SO many good ones out there.

Dawn said...

PS - What is the name of the movie?

Susan said...

It looks great here...I'm "Irish" and I don't even cook corned beef on St. Pat's day! I'm impressed that you do.

Hope you all have a great time on your trip in a few weeks.

susan

Denise said...

My grandfather on my dads side was born on St Patricks day in dublin... you dont get any more irish than that!!!!!!!!! hahahah I am half Irish and 1/4 black dutch and 1/4 native american..... ahahhaha what a mixture.........

ruth said...

And a Happy St Patrick's day to you me darling coleen. As you know I'll be having some visitors tomorrow & don't really know what they like to eat. For meself, I would like to be havin a wee bit of that corned beef & cabbage that your havin. I hope I get a chance to watch the Quiet Man too. (Irish spelling of words according to pronounciation)

Susannah said...

Happy St. Patrick's day Tammy! I have a "green" post up, a gentle nod to the dear Irish saint.

I thorougly enjoyed blog-hopping at the Ultimate Blog party too, and I've added a handful of new blogs to my feed reader. Yes, there's certainly not enough time to visit them all. :~D

Have a blessed Holy week. (((Hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Have a great Easter and enjoy your upcoming family trip!

Nadine said...

I'm not Irish but my family loves cornbeef and cabbage. My daughter is away from school and is coming home this weekend and asked for that today. It's so funny I would read this on your blog.

Mary said...

Tammy,

Please drop over to my blog. I have a little something for you.

Blessings,
Mary

Susan said...

We were invited over to friends last night for our Corn Beef and Cabbage. Sooooo good.
Susan