
For those of you who may not know, 5 Minutes for Mom is hosting another blog party week! And wow, it's here! (And apparently a pretty happenin' party since the site is so busy it's temporarily unavailable!)
Anyway, come on in...relax...and make yourself at home!I hope you like strong coffee...up here in the northwest, we do like a good strong cup. No watered down version for us! (Maybe that's why my husband went cold turkey off the stuff awhile back...) Oh, yes, we have cream and sugar. What's that? Yes, you can even more to it...
Have a seat, and I'll tell you a little bit about myself.
I've been blogging for almost two years now...starting, like so many, to keep family friends up to date. Plus give the writer in me a little outlet.
And then it happened. I became immersed into blogland!
As for my personal life... I have two little girls, ages 8 and 5, and have married for almost 13 years to someone who still makes my heart beat a little faster.
Yep, that's us. On our 10th anniversary trip to Hawaii! We took our time finding each other ...and then starting a family. I'm now in my mid-40's, but I certainly don't feel it. And with a little Loreal or Clarol now and then, I'm fighting it all the way.
Of course, having two little ones these past few years has helped to keep me on my toes.
Let's see...This is my third year home schooling and I have to say, despite the occasional challenges, I have loved this adventure so much!
It is honestly a blessing to be with my children...to watch and help them learn...and sometimes learn right along with them!
We do also have another big baby at home...
Who started out a year and a half ago like this...

As I mentioned above, we live in the great Northwest (U.S.) ...and except for a little sogginess in winter, we love this area with it's tall, majestic trees and beautiful mountains and lakes surrounding us.
The most important aspect of my life, though, is knowing Jesus. I am far from perfect, and make mistakes daily...but having Him in my life and knowing He loves me means everything.
I hope you've enjoyed your little visit.
And by the way...we are getting ready for a big road trip to California- complete with Disneyland- in just a few weeks! (See post below for a walk down memory lane with my first trip to Disneyland!)
My husband and our girls have never been there...so needless to say, we are all just a little bit excited. Stay tuned for lots of stories and pictures to come!
Oh- one more thing! Everyone who knows me, knows I have a love of nostalgia, antiques, and old, classic movies. (I guess anything that makes me feel young in comparison!) ;)
So, if you were faithful to get to the end of this post...I am giving away an unopened DVD of Cary Grant's "His Girl Friday". (Popcorn not included.) :) Just leave a comment...with a link taking me somewhere, or if a non-blogger, your e-mail addy. It's open to old and new friends alike!
Thank you again for stopping by...I really hope you'll be back.
Coffee will be optional.
Blessings!








47 comments:
I love the photos!
(Groovy staggers in wearing a surgical mask so she doesn't pass on the black plague to the party guests)
mmmmgmmgejfyijkklkkllll.
(Apparently she does not communicate well with a mask on. Suffice it to say she'd like some strong black coffee to go...)
What a fun visit:) And WOW that picture with the mountains... that's awesome!!!! wish I had some views like that!
Oh and your pup, sooooo very cute. Our black lab/border collie is 9 years old now, I remember her puppy days:) Wild and fun:)
Have a good weekend!
Well, you do know how to throw a welcoming party! The coffee was fabulous. :)
I loved reading all of this and seeing the photos. Of course I knew much of it but I loved reading it again! And that sweet doggie! Did you see my recent post about my new *Niece*?? She is mostly black lab and the sweetest girl. Your baby is a doll. You family is just such a lovely one and YOU are a truly lovely lady.
And who does not LOVE Cary Grant!
Hugs,
Sue
I loved reading all of this and seeing the photos. Of course I knew much of it but I loved reading it again! And that sweet doggie! Did you see my recent post about my new *Niece*?? She is mostly black lab and the sweetest girl. Your baby is a doll. You family is just such a lovely one and YOU are a truly lovely lady.
And who does not LOVE Cary Grant!
Hugs,
Sue
Hey that was a great party post! I haven't even started yet and don't know if I will make it with getting ready to go away soon. I should've written one up sooner and kept it as a draft! Oh well, I was happy to read yours and it was super! I'm all excited about your trip to Disney too and I'm not even going! lol!
How can you drink coffee any other way?! Nice to meet you! Hope you have a safe trip and I loved the pictures!
Thanks for stopping by my party! :)
Hi! I really like your blog. I feel like we have a lot in common (homeschooling, love of writing, etc.). We have relatives in the Northwest and in California. We took our boys to Disneyland when they were 7 and 4. Hope you have a great time!
Oooh, I love me some strong coffee. And Hawaii? So jealous. I've never been and have no immediate plans to get there.
What a fun blog. I'll be back. :-)
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I Am totally enjoying this party!!!
Your family is so sweet!!
I will be back again!
I enjoyed reading your party blog entry! I too am in the Northwest, but a bit farther of both! Have a ball at Disneyland! We ventured down there last May. Stop by and say hi sometime!
Grace in Alaska
I would love to pick up a Cary Grant movie.
This is one of my favorite places to visit! Hope your having fun Tammy!
Blessings!
Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself. I love all the pictures and the kids are great aren't they?
Great to meet you! I admire all of you that homeschool. Have a happy party!
Waddya mean popcorn not included????? That's the best part of a movie! hehe Oh Tammy, you always make me feel so welcome when I come over here...I am sooo very glad that you did start blogging and that our paths crossed...look at us now, good friends:-) I had plans to join the Blog party but decided to pass on it this year...I'd rather just be a visitor this year! lol xoxo
Great post! I love old movies, too! sign me up!
OH--Thank you so much for the wonderful coffee. I'm beginning to like it on the strong side!
Strong coffee and a good book.. it don't get much better.... Not sure about the blog party thing but I love reading them.. I love all your photo's I really need to learn to use my new camera... enjoy your road trip and I pray for God's protection on you and your family..
Thanks for the coffee. I always enjoy coming here. Have a great time at the party Tammy. You know I'll be back.
Nice party Tammy! That pup of yours is growing up. Is this a new template? Very nice. :~D
Come visit my party when you have a moment.
Hugs, e-Mom @ Chrysalis
What an amazing pic of you guys with the snow covered mountain in the background. I grew up in TX so I LOVE MOUNTAINS. (We ain't got 'em.)
Now, I live in Italy with my new hubby (we took a while, too).
Check us out and Happy International Women's Day to you!
What a great visit, and intro to yourself. Of course, I count myself as an old friend :)
Good to catch up with you today. Thanks for being faithful through my technology break.
By the way, I gave up my coffee after being addicted to about 6 cups a day for the last 35 yrs. I am sleeping better and I think my skin looks more fresh. Hmmm. What's with that?
I guess I'm not partying this year - does that make me a party pooper?? I'm too busy partying in the night with the little twins. I've been taking one at night for Kristen (switching off) so she can get at least a bit of sleep. Poor kid - she's a walking zombie! I didn't get much sleep last night with Kate here - they had shots yesterday and she was pretty miserable.
I did a Friday show and tell, though - with more pics of the little ones who are getting bigger every day!
I am a homeschooling mom too. It's nice to "meet" you. I've enjoyed my visit to your blog today. Stop by my party if you have a chance.
I feel like I know you through your little story...what a wonderful way to make new friends. I enjoy your blog and look forward to each post.......Have a wonderful trip to Disney and rnjoy.
gasp!!! His girl Friday.
whooo deee doh. I love cary grant. (and Rosalind Russel and Ralph Bellamy)
sigh.
ha ha.
I came for the party and loved what you wrote about your family and your residence. Glad to know you- you can follow my profile link to my blog if you'd like. :)
Have a great party and thanks for the giveaway.
dolls123 (at) gmail (dot) com
Thanks for stopping by my place! Great to see Mt. Hood again (beautiful picture), I was out your way in June and September.
Enjoy the parties!
It's also fun reading people on your blogroll describe themselves!
Hi its so nice to meet you. Thanks for coming by my blog and visiting me. I plan to stop back and read all about your homeschooling adventures.
God bless
Nikki
Thank your for visiting my site. I love this blog party and meeting all the other neat people out there. I homeschool also but we just began, and even with the challenges we are loving it. Your photos are beautiful especially the one with the mountains in the background. Have a great week!
Thanks for stopping in and saying Howdy! I am really anticipating the getaway to Yosemite. The Hub and I have learned to take time for just the 2 of us and it really enriches our relationship!
We've NEVER taken the kids to Disneyland and such. Our family vacations have always been spent hiking in the mountains, jeeping, white-water rafting seeing places like Jasper and Banff, the Grand Canyon, Arches, Yellowstone and so on. Our kids never felt like they missed out anything since we always did such awesome adventures.
I'm sure your girlies will love the fun you have planned and your family getting to all be together. That's what it'really all about anyway...not where you go but who you share it with!
Happy Monday!
Connie
Tammy, I got your comment on my blog and looked for an email address but did not see one. I wanted to respond.
The fasting from technology is really exactly what I did. It brought my whole focus back to "first things first" for me. God is first, or needs to be first, in my life. That means I talk to Him and He talks to me before I tackle my day.
Having no technical distractions was so incredible for that week. No tv, no computer, I did not even make unnecessary phone calls just to chat. I found myself praying more moment to moment through my day. It would be just so natural.
Of course, for a blogger, as you know,just staying away from the computer is enough :)
I'd encourage you to do this.
I took Beth Moore's Daniel study a couple of years ago and the most profound thing I have learned in my christian walk happened that semester. She taught us to understand the whole idea of "I CAN, but I choose NOT to". It was amazing for me. It affects me every single day. It affects my lifestyle, what a buy and don't buy, my hobbies and activities, the things I eat. At that time I gave up Starbucks, because for me it symbolized that whole Babylonian culture of excess. Five dollars for a cup of coffee!!! Where could I put that money to do some good?? It was a wonderful lesson for me.
Anyway, I did not mean to go on so, but I wanted to share this with you.
What a great post, Tammy! I am thinking that you and I met at the last blog party.
Thanks for your comment on my video. The KIDS LOVED IT! They are even learning the dances now. It's been great fun.
Hugs,
Susan
hello ! Thanks for stopping by my blog ! I've so enjoyed meeting so many new people ! What a great idea this blog party was !!
Love the mountains !!! I so miss the Rockies ... I'm a Colorado girl !!
This is such a great idea. I remember it from last year.
I love how your "baby" has grown and the photo of you and the girls with that gorgeous mountain in the background.
It has been so much fun over the last year keeping up with you, your girls, and home schooling. You are an amazing lady!
You take such great pictures and I love heaing about the blog party.... and I am a coffee drinker!!!! Love the stuff.. but I have to put cream and sugar in it and my DH just has a fit.. he drinks his black.. YUCK!!!!!! anyway.. I have not been out and about much but just wanted to stop in and say HEY
Well you know I come by often! I drink coffee sometimes, but only with cream and sugar.
But I do love Cary Grant movies, who wouldn't! Fun giveaway.
You throw a great party! Thank you for being a wonderful hostess!
Fun giveaway! Yay!
You live in a beautiful part of the country and have a beautiful family!
Thanks for hosting a party at your place and for a chance at a giveaway!
Have fun partying!
Hello! So nice to get to know you. I hope you have a GREAT time on your road trip - and the husbands and girls first visit - oh, that will be extra fun! =)
And thanks for the giveaway
I'll take some of that strong coffee! lol I'm ALL about the coffee, lemma tell ya.
That shot of you and the girls is just breathtaking. I would LOVE to live there! We went to the Rocky Mountains this past summer and I'm not a confirmed mountain woman.
It was great to meet you. Hope you're having fun at the party!
Write From Karen
What a beautiful family! I love the pictures of your mom. I'm partial to the old black-and-whites.
Many Blessings,
Jessica
http://reflectionsofaprincess.blogspot.com
Happy partying and much blog love!
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/
www.angelicagracedesigns.com
Great post! Hope your enjoying the party! I’ve been meeting tons of new people! Hope to try to visit at least half of them before Friday! You never know when you may meet a forever friend. Pop by for a visit if you get a chance! Enjoy your day!
Post a Comment