Monday, June 30, 2008

She's Nine!




*Edited to hopefully fix most of my irregular verbs, due to not deciding if I was talking to her or about her! I guess I had been doing a little of both in my heart.
And to thank you for the sweet comments...how nice to be able to print this out (comments and all) for her to save and read years from now...


In some ways, it seems almost yesterday that she was just a tiny thing...my first little baby...

She was so girlie and delicate looking even then.

But looks can be a little deceiving which she's proved as she's grown.
A little "Bam-Bam", really, in a sweet little girl's form...moving big chairs around when she was only one and a half, during a new mom's group.


And in a few ways, kind of like George Bailey's father said of the main character in "It's a Wonderful Life", she has always seemed as though she was "born old"... almost like she was a big sister before she actually became one.


On the other hand, she has been my little "drama princess", always wrestling with those emotions that can come with force, and then leave just as quickly...like a summer storm.

She is my graceful ballerina one day..my silly one the next...and my thoughtful reader and writer after that.
And she's growing so fast!

Wasn't it just the other day that she had her first party with all her little friends, and blew out three candles?

Now she's turning nine today.

She is just half grown. Learning who she is and who she wants to become...and learning to love and trust her Lord.

I want to treasure every moment!

Happy Birthday, Sweetie Girl!

28 comments:

Susie said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!
Loved seeing all the cute pictures of her earlier years!
My two granddaughters are 9 and 6 (although the older one will be 10 in Sept) Such fun ages!
xo

Denise said...

Beautiful daughter... Take all the time you can and remember every smile and every tear...... time passes tooooooooooo fast...Nine will turn to nineteen soon!

Loved the tribute to your Dad...

Momma Roar said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter!!

Mary said...

Sending birthday wishes to your sweet daughter. I pray that all her dreams and wishes come true.

Blessings,
Mary

Midlife Mom said...

Happy Birthday Miss Nine Year Old! I agree with denise, she will be 19before you know it so treasure every moment that you have with her! That is such a fun age, so many things to do and to learn. I pray that her heart grows in the Lord more each passing year!! xoxox

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Isn't she lovely! She makes a great princess.

Anonymous said...

You just told the story of my daughter who turned nine June 20. She is my 4th born but there are 8 years between my son and her. She has a sister 16 months younger. When her little sister was born she finally decided it was time to sleep 6 hours straight. God is good!! :)

Thanks for stopping by and saying a prayer for us. We would appreciate on whenever you think about it. We are facing something that we legally can not discuss. When it is all said and done it will either be a good learning lesson or a very BAD outcome. My mind keeps reminding my heart that truth and justice are ultimately served through God who knows it all and is in control. My human self finds glimmers of peace amidst the sick feeling in the pit of my stomach!!! :(

Susanne said...

Happy, happy birthday to a precious girl!

Loved your sweet post to your daughter.

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little ballerina/writer! They do grow so quickly. Enjoy these wonderful years.

Just Between Us Girls said...

Your daughter is just gorgeous. Happy BIrthday to her and thank you for the very touching details about her sweet life and how she touches your heart. Soooo lovely.
Have a wonderful 4th of July.
Pat

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl, Tammy! I loved seeing all the wonderful pictures! 9 is a good age!
~Kelli

Beck said...

Happy birthday, pretty girl!

.Tom Kapanka said...

Love the allusion to "It's a Wonderful Life." I have a dozen or so films from which useful quotations come to me--that classic is one of them.

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to your princess! She is precious and I agree... treasure every moment!

Nadine said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl. Your post was lovely. I enjoyed reading your memories and seeing the pictures.

Dawn said...

She is just beautiful - and sounds like a very typical little girl - many different personalities, depending on the day, or the hour!

I know you've had a wonderful day of celebration.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to the Birthday girl! Hope she had an awesome celebration!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Happy Birthday, Miss 9 year-old! Tammy, the way you described her personality sounds a lot like my first daughter. I wonder if some of those traits are indeed the "first-born" traits. When my 21 year old was nine, I had a Little House on the Prairie party for her and baked a cake that looked like a 3-D log cabin, including pretzel sticks for logs. It was so much fun. It feels like 100 years ago, so enjoy this time to its fullest!

Ms. Kathleen said...

How precious and she is so very pretty... They do grow up and way to quickly... Treasure each moment ☺

Jill said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet girl. I hope this year is filled with wonderful, amazing things.

Anonymous said...

As my oldest nears 25 in a month I can only share your heart in wondering where our little girls went. When Lindsey turned nine (and I do remember that birthday well as some things went wrong and she has never let us forget it :) I thought she was getting so old. Wow, now she is married and has a life all of her own.

Cherish these days with your beauty. Enjoy every aspect of who she is. God has given us a gift to treasure and blessed we are!

Happy Birthday to your princess. I hope she will always know how blessed she is to have a mommy like you.

Dawn said...

Happy birthday to your little princess! It was fun to see all the pictures. She is a beautiful girl!

Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi I finally was able to get to your blog. I read the previous ones & was touched by the one on your dad as well as this one about my oldest little grandaughter. I'm so glad I am back on line with this new computer.( Hope I remember how I got to your blog)
Ruth

Carole Burant said...

Happy belated Birthday to your darling little princess! She was a beautiful baby and is now a beautiful young miss...they do grow up much too fast, don't they! Loved seeing the pictures, she truly is precious. xoxo

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday sweet birthday girl.I wish you loads of happiness to last a lifetime through.
Best Wishes~
Lisa in SC~

Niall MacC said...

Just popping by to wish you and yours a happy 4th of July from Ireland!
Ruth

Susan said...

What a princess!! Wishing her a belated birthday and you many many blessings as her Mother!

gail@more than a song said...

Happy birthday! Hope y'all had a fun celebration. They grow up so fast don't they!