
I'm so sorry I've been so behind in blogland lately...I hope to catch up with most of you very soon! But it's been a full weekend...I spent the half of it with my mom helping her sort and just enjoying being with her...then spent a truly nice Father's Day with my family...and today? Today I just was lazy! ;)
*Edited to correct some really bad grammar typed very late last night. And to say, I suspected the same thing about the goose that some of you mentioned!
I hope all of the dads in your life had a wonderful Father's Day!
We did...in almost every way.
Nothing dramatic made it so, but it was still just so nice.
After church, my husband put the girls in the bike trailer and headed to one of our very favorite parks (though we hadn't been there altogether as a family in so long...)
It's tucked into a residential neighborhood, complete with playground, field, and a bike trail that encircles a very large, beautiful duck pond.
It's actually quite a jaunt from our house, though, so I opted to take the
I met them there...and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.
We have had such a chilly, damp spring, so I guess this day was appreciated even that much more.
Sunshine, gentle breezes...it was wonderful.
There were a few geese...and one in particular, with attitude. It stood guard by a section and when passers by got too close, or someone was walking their dog...it would stick it's nose (or bill!) in the air and throw it's weight around...I missed getting a picture of that, but here is it is at a more relaxed pose...

And here you can see just how big it is if you look closely...
That's my family riding their bikes past it as it begins to stick it's head up in the air so that they remember who's boss...

It was nice to simply gaze out over the pond...so very peaceful there.

And even though there were a good share of other people enjoying the park that day, too, they were either nice families or older folks. No one was rowdy...yet everyone smiled as you passed them, since we were all so relishing this gorgeous day!
But most of all, we as a family were relaxed and enjoying our time together.
The girls were so excited to give their daddy his home made cards and his two main gifts that we picked out.
We had him sit down in his new outdoor folding chair...gave him his DVD set of Pearl Harbor...and he was now a happy dad.
Wait...not yet.....
A hug, and then a kiss blown from his littlest...

And another bear hug from his oldest...

There!
Perfect Father's Day.








27 comments:
Awww what a simply perfect day. That park is gorgeous.
Susan
Yes, what a perfect Father's Day with your family! Loved the pictures of the goose, she was probably protecting her nest. So nice that you have that park available!
It looks like a fun place and that y'all had a great day! I wish we had something like that close by, but oh wait, even if we did it's way too hot here to be out!
I'm still trying to catch up too...it's hard after being gone or busy.
It looks like you had a perfect day! What a wonderful place to live Tammy!
I would strongly suspect that duck had a brood of little ones somewhere nearby? What a nice way to spend the day. Isn't it the simple things in life that touch our hearts the most.
Lovely! I feel relaxed just looking at the pictures. Not the one of the goose... ;o)
Awww, wonderful memories.
Once again, your weather is matching ours. Our day was just gorgeous outside, so welcome after all the rain. We stayed home and grilled and took a walk later.
We have a lake with duck and geese too. The geese get aggressive if you walk too close to a nest they may have hiding.
Sometimes the simplest celebrations are the best! What a great outdoor day!
Tammy, that's a sweet post! Looks like a great day at the park with all the folks you love!
My daughter, Joy, had a goose hiss at her the other day when she got a little too close to her babies! They are protective!
Have a great day!
Tammy
How sweet - and kisses and hugs, too! I'd love to spend weekend days like this with the family but it's so darn hot here from now until at least October that I really just want to stay inside. ugh. Glad you had such a wonderful Father's Day.
Sounds like a perfect day...loved the photos.
Hugs!
Kat
I love these pics!
It looks like a perfect day! Also, I think that we all are having trouble blogging during the summer months.... I just do not have the time to get out like I did..... but......... we know you are here and we enjoy seeing you when you can....... same here........
Have a great week.......
hugs
There is always a goose on a nest at the library, right by the return slot - it's pretty risky in the early spring. I'm glad you're finally getting some nice weather and you had such a great Father's Day.
That's seems like a wonderful way to spend Father's Day.
Looks totally perfect!
Hey Tammy,
Just had to say I'd LOVE to go yard sale(ing) with you on Saturdays...too bad you don't live close by....I bet we could haul home some deals, don't you..these two Tammy girls!
~ Tammy
Dearest Tammy,
I think with summer here, a lot of us are going to get behind with our blogging visits! lol I know I am!
Sounds like the perfect Father's Day indeed and I just love the way you and your family spent it! I love nothing better than to sit near a pond or lake on a beautiful sunny and warm day and just gaze out at the water and watch the ducks/geese:-) xoxo
That's my kind of family day:)!!!! I LOVE days at the park!
What a wonderful way to spend celebrating your hubby!
Oh, that's a perfect day in my opinion!
We had a run-in with an attitudinal goose at the zoo when my older girls were little. It chased them around "goosing" them. I thought I was going to have to wring its neck! :D
It does sound like the perfect way to spend Father's Day Tammy. What a beautiful spot.
The goose is funny. When we lived in a farming community years ago, one of the families used their geese as "guard dogs". I almost think I'd rather face a dog than an angry goose. They really bite!
Have a blessed week dear friend.
What a gorgeous, fun, relaxing day! Love the photos!
do you suppose there was a mama with a nest close by. That goose is gigantic. I wouldnt have ridden my bike past it!! ha!
Sounds like a perfect day!
Our FD was a little more anticlimactic as Mulletman and I limped in the door from the Trek and dumped our luggage on the floor. But there were also homemade cards and a fun gift and lots of hugs and snuggles and kisses.
Dawn said that you are in on the let's-get-serious-and-lose-some-weight-and-get-healthy challenge. Hmmmm. Maybe we need a catchier title!
I've put my start weight and measurement up on Twitter on my blog and Dawn is making/finding/obtaining a ticker to show our progress. You don't need to put your strat numbers, but it might be helpful to report in on your progress.
Dawn's doing Weight Watchers and I'm doing Sonoma. Kathleen Marie said she's doing WW too.
Keep us posted!
Tammy,
What wonderful memories of a great Father's Day. I'm glad you had such a nice time. Family time is precious and the little ones grow up so quickly. In a blink of an eye they are ready to leave the nest.
Love your goose photos. LOL They can have quite an attitude.
Enjoyed my visit and your Father's Day post. Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Mary
A perfect father's day and what a gorgeous day! The sky was a beautiful blue and you got some great shots.
I'm playing catch up in blogger land too. I just got back from our family beach trip.
I hope you have a great weekend!
hi. i'm glad i've discovered this page, sis tammy. and this post is very nice. a perfect father's day indeed. i miss my father (there in US) more whom i haven't seen for three years now. i was moved especially with the pictures of your pretty girls hugging him. God bless you and your family!
Post a Comment