Friday, June 20, 2008

Show and Tell #17



I am SO late getting in on Show and Tell Friday!

But something just arrived an hour ago and I'm so excited!

You see, lately, I began looking at vintage H*lly Hobbie items ...I have always loved her since I was a young girl, but don't have any items...I started thinking it would be fun, especially since I have two little girls, to collect just a few things.

So...I ordered a collector's plate for myself (which has yet to arrive) and then saw this adorable pink girl's twin bedspread...(the tiny inset picture to the right was what I saw on e*bay).

The eb*y listing had expired but I was able to make my own offer when it went to the "e*bay store"...and it was accepted!
Let's just say that it was a very good deal!

It arrived in just five days and I'm happy to say that it is perfect condition!

I told the girls that it is a sharing bedspread...they'll have to take turns with it every three days or so. But they absolutely love it as much as I do!
I don't have a picture yet of it on one of their beds since it just arrived...and we've yet to pick a number between one and ten to see who gets to have it first! ;)

This was one of my first experiences buying something this way, though my husband is an old pro. But I have to say, I was thrilled with this purchase!

So much so, I just had to sneak it in on Show and Tell Friday before the morning was over! ;)

What about you...have any of you found any treasures through the internet? (Besides good blogging friends, that is!) ;)

For more Show and Tells, please visit our wonderful host, Kelli at There is No Place Like Home!

26 comments:

Muum said...

I haven't done much ebay purchasing, although my DH prob spends too much time on internet classifieds and Craigs list. Hollie HObbie IS cute!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Tammy,
You would love it...I have a little Holly Hobby rag doll from when I was little. It's in Joy's room now. I love your quilt find!

I've found quite a few good buys on ebay too!

I keep forgetting about participating in Show and Tell Friday...one of these days I'll remember!

Have a great weekend, Tammy~
~ Tammy~

Carole Burant said...

Uh oh...now that you've discovered the joy of eBaying, there will be no stopping you! hehe Just teasing you...I'm like your husband, an "old pro" with all this eBay stuff! lol There really are some fantastic deals to be had on there. Love the quilt you got and I've no doubt the girls will sleep with a smile on their faces when it's their turn to sleep with that quilt covering them:-) xoxo

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

My husband loves ebay! I have bought a few things, however, with the postage going up so much, I might as well just go to an antique store. But I still look just in case something is just too good to pass up!

Susanne said...

How sweet. I wonder if you went on there again if you could find another one.

I've never done e-bay either, although like your husband mine is quite good at it.

gail@more than a song said...

That's so cute! They will love having that. I've never done ebay myself but my daughter does all the time! So I don't guess I've found any treasures, just regular online shopping is all I've done so far. But I do plenty of that.

Nadine said...

Oh that really pretty. Holly Hobby is a adorable. I'll have to remember that if I come across anything for you.

Lisa Cobler said...

That is so cute. I love Holly Hobby and E Bay.

Dawn said...

E-bay intimidates me - and I'm afraid of getting hooked if I ever indulged! That is an adorable bedspread. We love HH around here - did you see the cake I made for Kristen when she was little? I have some embroidery that I'll show one of these Fridays.

So let the weight loss begin! Do you want to do the ticker thing?

Unknown said...

Great post. Ebay is just about as addictive as blogging! LOL

Linda said...

What a wonderful find Tammy - and in pink too!! I just love Holly Hobbie and am sad that those things are no longer available. I'm sure it looks perfect on the girls' beds.
Have a blessed weekend Tammy!

someone else said...

I've had a great time buying and selling on Ebay. It's a lot of fun and I've found some great deals.

I love the bedspread. Maybe you could choose who gets to use it first by going alphabetically by their name.

Pamela said...

I've bought a few things -- but never in a bidding sense.. Just paid what they asked for it.

Pamela said...

ps. We had a few HH stuff when our girls were little. That really is adorable

Kelli said...

I love Holly Hobby and your new treasure is just beautiful! Such sweet colors too. I know you and your girls will enjoy it for many years to come!
~Kelli

Anonymous said...

I used to love Holly Hobby a lot, too, and I remember that particular pose. It is so great that you found this quilt! And that the girls are willing to share it!

It's funny, a couple of things I shared for S&T are about Internet finds. I've only bought a couple of items on Ebay, but my husband is an old pro at it. He buys and sells microscopes, which has helped pay our kids' Christian school tuition. I was able to find fabric I loved online that I couldn't find in town. We do a lot of Christmas shopping on the Internet, too.

Justabeachkat said...

Gasp, I've never done any purchasing on ebay, but my kids do. The bedspread is adorable though.

Hugs!
Kat

Dawn said...

I love ebay! I'll bet if you keep checking you can find another one like it or similar.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

I'm an ebay junkie. *Blush*

I just won Light From Heaven by Jan Karon. It was the last book in the Mitford Series, and our library didn't have it!

Jill said...

Brings back wonderful memories. I had a HH bedspread for several years when I was in elementary school. I completed the look with a HH nightgown. I loved everything HH then - and now! I hope your girls get many years of enjoyment out of it.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hey Tammy,

I have something for you. Check out my blog!

~ Tammy

Charlotte said...

What a wonderful find. I have never bought or sold anything on e-Bay. I've looked at it a few times and found it too intimidating. I'll have to rethink it.

Denise said...

I am out and about finally! Been missing seeing you........ Your treasure is beautiful and I buy from Ebay all the time... but mostly just stuff..... This past week I bought a pound of lavender! It smells so wonderful! I have never heard of Holly Hobby so I will research.....

love ya!

Hugs

Unknown said...

I love Holly hobbie.Your quilt is so pretty. Have a great week.
Lisa~

Midlife Mom said...

What a great find for your daughters! I agree, you probably will find another one if you keep looking on ebay!

Grafted Branch said...

I love Sunbonnet Sue! Every little girl ought to have a little Sunbonnet Sue during their childhood. :)