
Some of might remember that I promised last in my blogiversary post, I would mention 12 recent posts that spoke to me in some special way.
Well...today is the day....sort of!
I said it would be Friday...and I'm not making it under the wire, here...the clock just turned and now it's Saturday.
And because of time constraints, I can only post half now...and plan on posting the other half in a few days.
And let me say, that there is many more than just 12 posts that I have enjoyed or that have touched me in the past week or so! But 12 is the number...
1) My first pick is very timely for me. My friend, Susanne at Living to Tell the Story wrote so very well about entrusting her kids to the Lord as she sends them off to camp.
Tonight, I have done the same thing with my little seven year old...and though for only night, it is sometimes so hard for me to let her go and not to worry! So, God used her post to really speak to my heart.
2) I had tears in my eyes when I read the personal testimony of one of my new good bloggy buddies, at Groovy's Rumminations. First, click on the link to Part 1...then read Part 2.
Her story will make you laugh...but will also touch you.
3) Yellow Mama at OneStepUpFromStupid continuously uplifts me whenever I visit. She has such a gift from the Lord in this area. This post really blessed me this week.
4) And as for humor...well, you just have to go check out Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. (See, even her blog name has appeal...) This week, she had me laughing so hard, my own coffee was dangerously close to coming out my nose. Except that I'm too demure for that...
*Scroll down to "Did I grill the salmon- or did it grill me?"
5) I was truly touched by this beautiful post at My Quiet Corner...about getting through anniversaries of hard times and coming out with a different perspective.
6) And then there's my dear friend, Susie...she just finished Part 3 of her love story, in celebration of her upcoming 40th anniversary. You can scroll back to her older posts to find Part 1 and 2...then come back to read Part 3. She and Bill have a marriage which is so to be admired. She has added the special touches of old photos throughout their life together...and her uplifting spirit is always a blessing.
*Edited to say...some links are only to the blogs themselves...you may have to scroll on a few!
*****************************************************
So, there you go...six wonderful posts to check out, if you haven't already done so- with more to come! (Ladies, please consider the rose above from me to you!)
Now, I'll leave you with some images from this week....
Both girls had their last classes in ballet and ballet\tap, respectively. You know...where the parents are invited in to take pictures and videos of their little stars. Quite a busy week, here!
So, here's my oldest ballerina...
And my little pony-tailed Shirley Temple...
Have a good weekend, everyone!








20 comments:
I'll have to go and check these out. Thank you for sharing them. Your daughter looks adorable. I love the ballet.
Have a blessed weekend.
Tammy, I'm so touched that the post really spoke to you. It is a hard thing letting our kids go into the care of someone else, even if for a night or two and no matter if they are 6 or 16. But God is a great Father and even though we can't always be there, He always is.
I heading off to read your other links but before I do I want to say how cute your little ballerina is!
Thank you for your kind comment...Have a wonderful beyond wonderful day! Smiles and Hugs!
Love the little ballerina pictures.
Look at your beautiful dancers!
You are so right Tammy, so many of these posts truly touch the heart!! Wonderful choices!! I so loved seeing the pictures of your little ballerina and tap dancer...I took both of these dance lessons from the age of 3 to 14 but for some reason, mom never took pictures of me! Sigh! xoxo
Oh thanks for the link, Tammy! You are too sweet. And the ballet pics--I can so relate. These are such fun years.
I am trying to make my way through the posts you mentioned. You are right-some good writing and worthwhile thoughts!
Your girls are precious--as always!
Thanks for such kind words and for the link. I am always humbled and blessed to know when my personal struggles touch someone else!!
Your little ones are adorable!!
I missed the end & pictures the first time through so glad you mentioned them in your e-mail. I read a few of the posts, but didn't get through all of them. I loved the ones I read.
I love it when people link up to other places...I love finding new "treasures" in the blogosphere. And those pics, well, they are simply adorable.
Blessings.
:-) Susan
I hope I can find the time this week to read all of these good things. I asked Groovylady to give her testimony and am SO GLAD I did - she is such a great writer and has such a great story.
Dear Tammy,
I've been trying to catch up on reading after the busy week just behind me. I came here to see this very touching link! How sweet you are! I'm so glad you're enjoying reading our love story. I'm working on the next part for sometime this coming week.
Thanks again for the link and I'll be checking out your other friends!!
PS your little one is adorable!!
xo
Those were some good posts. I haven't read all of them yet, but the ones I have read are good.
To answer your question to me, it's Idaho.
Love the little ballerinas. It's so nice of you to share the "link love"....I'll read every last one.
Thanks for including me. It's nice know my blog is good for more than just a laugh!
I LOVE those dance pics. There's nothing sweeter than little ballerinas!
What a great thing to do Tammy. I've read most of those posts and agree whole-heartedly.
I love the ballet pictures. Just adorable.
Thanks for introducing us to some "new friends"! I always appreciate new links to explore. Your ballerina pictures bring back such sweet memories of our three. Nothing cuter than little ballerinas!! I enjoyed visiting you today! Blessings, Diane
I've been enjoying Suzie's post. She does such a lovely job of keepsakes.
as for the dancing girls... what it is about little girls in dancing shoes and skirts that makes the heart smile all the way to the face.
Oh, they all sound wonderful, thanks for the recommendations. I love the ballet pictures too, precious:)
Post a Comment