
It's a stormy Monday morning here in my neck of the woods... and my littlest is still asleep...yesterday she had to stay home from church with Daddy (I have to help at church so he was elected) all because of a mean ole' tummy bug.
I'm praying that the rest of us don't succumb...and that she feels better when she makes her way downstairs in the next few minutes.
Needless to say, we're taking it a bit easy today with the schoolwork and keeping snug inside our warm house...maybe I'll even light a fire and sip some tea.
Update: Littlest is feeling better today! Not eating a lot yet, but what she does is staying down...always good!
And that stormy weather turned out to be especially big over on the coast! 85 mph winds!
And even in this area, there was some damage. Take a look at this barn, pictured on our local news website...

Don't forget to read my better late than never Veteran's Day tribute at the bottom of the post!
I wanted to thank all of you for your heartfelt comments on my Puddin' post. It blessed me to know that so many of you understood...I guess it touched a chord with the little girl in all of us.
When I mentioned to my sweet husband the overwhelming responses (he hadn't had a chance to read my post yet) his brows furrowed in confusion...
"Why? It's just a doll..."
I know. Don't be too harsh with him.
I later relayed his comment to my mom and added,
"What would he say if he excitedly showed me a classic '67 with V8 engine and I told him it was just a car?" Hmmmm?
Also, I wanted to thank e-mom from Chrysalis because guess what? I won a S*tarbucks gift card in her contest! Since our budget doesn't allow me to indulge in mochas very often, this was such a welcome gift! Thank you, emom!
And finally, though Veteran's Day was actually yesterday, today the federal holiday. So, if you know a Veteran, don't forget to thank them for their service...for their many sacrifices for the freedom we can so easily take for granted today. A long time ago, before I was married, I wrote a poem about a serviceman returning home, and in my mind's eye, I envisioned a soldier from WWII walking down his old streets, hoping to find the light on in his parents' home, and his sweetheart there, waiting.
I couldn't find my poem, and only remember the first few lines. But in honor of each veteran- from that incredible era all the way up to those sacrificing now, here are the first few lines...
On paths of golden moonlight hues
A lonely soldier steps
To reach a destination known
Within a memory kept
Through silent streets he plods along
Past homes with cheerful glow,
And only hears the echo
Of his footsteps in the snow.
May all of our veterans be welcomed home with grateful hearts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
God bless!








19 comments:
What a beautiful poem!
Hope your little one is feeling better today. Does chamomille tea help her?
Starbucks cards. I think I entered everyone that had one! LOL! Just pretend I'm sitting there with you when you go! I'll have a valencia orange mocha. ;v)
I'm so behind on blog reading. I'll have to read your puddin' post today.
I hope your little one feels better this afternoon. Tummy ailments are no fun at all.
Keep snug.
Oh I hope that stomach bug doesn't hang around too long! It's been going around here too, my little grand son had it for a couple days and then DIL caught it.
So glad you got lots of good responses to your Puddin post. Hey guys can't understand things like that but they do know their cars and which kind they had when they were how old!
Take care and hope your little one feels all better soon!
Yeah...and Mulletman always rolls his eyes when I exclaim over personal product samples because they are so little and "cute".
Sheesh!
Hope Littlest is doing better. Also, congrats on winning your starbucks card! Too bad you weren't able to find the entire poem to share with us...because what you did share was very good! I hope some day it shows up and maybe you can publish it.
A very nice tribute.
Congratulations on the Starbucks win.
I pray the little one gets better.
Too bad you couldn't find the rest of that poem. What you wrote so far was beautiful. If you can't find it, maybe you can figure out what your thought was & complete it.
Thank you for stopping by this morning and for your sweet comment.
Your Vetran's poem was wonderful too!
HA, I just won a Starbucks card in a contest too...I almost can't bear to spend it!!:)
fun huh??
Poor baby! Hope she feels better! And that no one else gets the bug! Enjoy the mocha! ;o)
I am glad your little one is improving! I hope the rest of you avoid it!
So sorry your little one is feeling bad.
Give her lots of extra cuddles.
You are such a talented writer, Tammy. Your poem was so touching.
Enjoy your Starbucks!!
xo
Men can just be so men, can't they?? HOpe the flu bug flew away and didn't land anywhere else!
So glad the little one is feeling better and congrats on the gift card. Sweet!
My husband would have responded the same way about Puddin'... I mean, he's a man...enough said.
Hugs!
Oh no, I hope the tummy bug ends here and nobody else gets it, those things are nasty:(
That poem is really wonderful, even if it is only a few of the lines. I hope you can find it sometime, I would love to read the whole thing. Just from that little bit, I had a complete vision of the soldier.
I'm hoping the tummy yuckies are all gone from your house! We've had enough of that here over the past 2 months. No fun!
What a beautiful poem. I love it. My dad was a WWII vet....
Hope your littlest is feeling better.
White Chocolate Mocha is my drink of choice at Starbucks.
I always enjoy visiting you--so warm and cozy--even on a stormy day! Hope you little one is feeling better today.
Hope she's feeling better by now!
Hooray for your Starbucks card, how fun!
We had some winds and storms move through the other night, but don't think our wind was that much as what you had.
I am so glad your daughter is feeling better and I am excited to hear that you are the winner of the Starbucks coffee. your pictures are nice of your family.
Post a Comment