Monday, November 19, 2007

Updates and Thanksgiving Wishes






I thought I'd better check in one more time before things get really crazy!

You see, every year we host my hubby's family of 12 siblings and various spouses and kids for Thanksgiving. And since everyone brings all the food, I really only have to be in charge of cleaning.
But the challenge is that my Bible Study is Tuesday morning, and I've not quite finished my lesson...which means I'll be doing that tonight. (It's Beth Moore's Daniel...wonderful, powerful stuff!)
Doing that tonight after I do my most dreaded chore...no, not cleaning toilets. I laugh in the face of toilets.

No, it's emptying out the entire fridge and cleaning all the nooks and crannies, washing those veggie drawers, and then putting everything back (except for those item that have now turned into experiments in growing penicillin.)

Am I the only one who dreads this chore?

And then, of course, we still need to do school in the mornings! And then clean...clean...clean.

Thankfully, my husband will be helping a bit after he gets home this week. I've assigned a Honey-Do list...things like getting those cobwebs...
raking the leaves with the girls...


(which every year includes putting the girls on top of the heap inside the can- they'll probably still be doing that when they're teens...)

But little does he know that this includes giving our big lab mix, Mandy, a bath.


Now, one thing about my husband you should know. He tolerates Mandy....but in her first year of life, she has done her share of puppy crimes.
She's torn apart our swimming pool, eaten siding off our house, and generally been a juvenile delinquent on four legs. Needless to say she has not exactly grown on him.

But Mandy does have a sweet side, and is really calming down. Truly. Just look at that face.

Except for bathtime. So, he is elected.

Because of everything on my to-do list, I'll be taking a short bloggy break until after Thanksgiving. (But don't look for me the morning after...I'll be one of the crazy ones braving the masses!) I will be trying to catch up with all of you here and there, though, as time permits.


But before I sign off, I wanted to mention how honestly blessed I feel during this season.

I have so much to be grateful for... my home- which, though now fancy- is big enough to hold so many to celebrate with...

My family, whom I love so incredibly much...

And most of all, I'm grateful that God loves me- in spite of all my flaws...so much that He and gave His only Son..and that He will never leave me nor forsake me.

Last of all, I can't leave out that I'm also grateful for all the new friends I've met through blogging, who have touched my life for the better.

God bless each and every one of you and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!



"...rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Colossians 2:7

29 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for coming over before you start the big cleaning job. I'm not planning a lot of cleaning - what they see is what they get, and it'll be dirtier when they leave - my terrible philosophy!

Here's hoping our second trip to Hawaii doesn't mirror yours - our first was so awesome that we want a repeat!

It has been such fun getting to know you. We are indeed blessed to have made so many good friends in cyberspace. it feels as real as the ones I see all the time.

Have a wonderful celebration! Talk to you soon.

.Tom Kapanka said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. It sounds like your family get-togethers are like ours. Here is a brief Thanksgiving post you may enjoy. At Grace

Susie Q said...

I have loved catching up with you sweet Tammy. We are all blessed by knowing YOU!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday...a warm and special one.

Hugs,
Sue

Susannah said...

Lol, the refrigerator. Yes, like you I dread cleaning out the sticky spills, shrivelled lettuce, crumbs etc. (How DO they get in there anyway?)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Tammy. Enjoy your family!

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving, tammy. =D

Karen said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Tammy! Have fun!

Tyna said...

Tammy - oh the dreaded Cleaning Of The Fridge! I have postponed this chore for 2 weeks now. I've got to get it done today. I should have done it yesterday before I did the weekly shopping and filled it up! Good luck on your project, and have a lovely Thanksgiving.

Sandra said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

I had to laugh when you mentioned the fridge, that is one of the chores I hate too and usually the one I put off as long as I can :)

Susanne said...

Wow, 12 siblings and their families descending upon you. And I feel overwhelmed with 2 siblings from both sides and their families. There should be some kind of award for that.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with them all.

Corrie said...

Wow! I can't believe your husband has 12 siblings in his family...and I really can't believe that they are all coming to your house! Wow! Sounds like fun.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Christie Belle said...

Well it looks like y'all make chores fun at least! I'm sure the girls have a blast riding on top of the leaves, lol. Good luck to your hubby on giving Mandy a bath though! I hope you and your loved ones have a blessed Thanksgiving!

someone else said...

That's a lot of people!! Good luck with the frig and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Beck said...

My fridge is just GROSS right now, so yeah. I'm dreading it.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Jill said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

~HAPPY THANKSGIVING!~

Susie said...

Dear Tammy,
I hope you're finding some time to relax a bit during all the holiday preparations. I decided I needed a break and visiting some of my favorite friends is an enjoyable way to relax!
Hope your Thanksgiving celebration is wonderful and just filled with every blessing!
love and ((hugs))

Justabeachkat said...

Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful...safe, fun, filled with love and many happy memory making moments.

Hugs!
Kat

ruth said...

I see you have inherited my "hate to clean the fridge gene" Mine has been needing it for quite awhile but I have kept my friend who comes & cleans for me every 2 weeks too busy to do it, so I guess it will be awhile. Every so often I grab & toss something though.

Nadine said...

I'll be one of those crazies after Thanksgiving also.

Hope all goes well with the cleaning. Have a great day with family.

Sandy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too. :)

Ms. Kathleen said...

You are a very brave soul! You have a very blessed holiday!

Love and hugs!!!

gail@more than a song said...

That sounds like fun with such a big family! And lots of work too, hope you've gotten everything done and are enjoying a wonderful time with them Tammy.

Mary said...

That photo of the autumn color is fabulous and Mandy is a cute dog. All puppies are rambunctious. She will settle down and be a great friend to everyone in the family.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Blessings,
Mary

Michelle said...

wow you sure will have a full house with that many people coming over! Enjoy the time with family and Happy Thanksgiving!

Carole Burant said...

May today and every day be blessed with simple, quiet moments of thanksgiving!! Happy Thanksgiving to my dear American friend:-) xoxo

.Tom Kapanka said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Linda said...

You have been a blessing to me since the first time I read your blog Tammy. I pray your day was filled with the richest of God's blessings.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post. I love the picture of the girls with their daddy and the leaves. It reminds me of days gone by at our house. Now the girls run when they hear the word, "rake". No playing in the leaves anymore.

Blessings to you and your family.

Pamela said...

beautiful post. I needed it