
As another Mother's Day arrives, I realize just how much I truly have to be thankful for.
Pictures seem to say it best for me right now...
My oldest was just two and a half when this was taken...and trying to feel the new yet-to-meet baby kick...
One of my favorite Mother's Days ever, two years ago...
We ate at a charming restaurant outside on the patio, then strolled the grounds and gardens, pausing to pose by this vintage pick-up.
The weather that Mother's Day was perfect...as was just about everything that day.
Not a day goes by when my two girls don't say "I love you, Mommy"...and my six year old will tell me this at least 30 times a day. Yes, I know how blessed I am.

Then I rewind back in time...
And think about the wonderful mom that I was blessed to have...

She was always there to love me unconditionally- and still is.We were just there today, visiting with my 81 year old mom as my husband finished putting in her floors for her.
Outside of going out for mochas and hot chocolate, and bringing her cards and little gifts, we did nothing out of the ordinary for most of the day.
Yet, it was good to just see her on this Mother's Day weekend...

Oh, I can worry from time to time about the pressures of being in "the sandwich generation"...smack in between looking our for my elderly mother while parenting young children.
But really...for right now...it's nice to be snugly tucked in-between a loving mother who is still with me...and two wonderful little girls who shower me with affection daily.
There's not a cozier feeling on earth.
Happy Mother's Day!








24 comments:
Have a Happy Mother's Day.
What a blessing to be able share with your mom and your girls that love you so. Thanks for sharing a part of your history. I just love family photos.
Happy Mother's Day! I love this post Tammy, both of your girl's love for their Mommy and your love for your mom!
Beautiful .
Have a blessed Mother's Day.
Happy Mother's Day Tammy,
So wonderful that you spent time with your Mom and your girls. Family is the most wonderful blessing and a "cozy feeling" describes it so well!
xoxo
I love that photo of the three of you infront of the old truck. A perfect shot!
You're at a very good place in life--tucked safely between two generations of precious females.
Happy Mother's Day, Tammy!
e-Mom
You're a lucky girl!
Hugs and Happy Mother's Day to YOU!
Kat
Happy Mother's Day to you too, dear Tammy:-) How wonderful that your girls tell you they love you every day...my Shawn always says I love you whenever I talk with him but I have a hard time getting it out of Corey! lol He's so shy and it just doesn't come easily to him to speak out his emotions. We certainly are blessed to still have our dear moms with us!! xoxo
happy mother's day to you!
You are blessed!!! Happy Mother's Day!
I just love it when you reflect on being a mom and loving your mom. I feel the very same way. My kids don't tell me everyday that they love me anymore....but almost everyday :)
My mom is 77 years old and I feel so blessed to have someone like her to call my friend.
Happy Mother's day Tammy.
nice post happy mothers day to you too!
Tammy, I feel so blessed, first for having you as my daughter,& for becomming a mom of my two wonderful granddaughters, who along with you, tell me "I love you"
I had a 5 year wait for you, but when you came along, you were all that I could have hoped for.
It was wonderful just having you all here yesterday, & I appreciate so much all the hard work my son-in-law did when he wasn't feeling well. A day spent with loved ones is a mom's greatest gift.
I have become Mother to my Mother...... cooking for her and washing her clothes from time to time..... Making sure she takes her medicine when time....... checking on her several times a day for her needs........ We have flip flopped and roles are reversed......... I am blessed to mother my mother.........
Wonderful sentiments... how blessed you are!!!
Happy Mother's Day!
Dawn
You are definitely in a good sandwich place right now!
Hope your Mother's Day was a fun one! We visited our family and it was so good to be among the mothers of the family! How nice to see your mom in the past and today! That was sweet of you to share the pictures. Have a great week Tammy!
What a lovely post Tammy! I enjoyed all the photos, aren't we lucky to still have some of the old ones, some people just don't have any. That was such a nice way of putting it, being snugly tucked in between your Mom and your girls! I have grandkids in the mix too so I'm really tucked in! lol! I love it!
What a sweet post. I loved the pictures. Especially the ones of you as a little girl. Too sweet.
What a wonderful post Tammy. I know you had a special Mother's Day! I sometimes think those same things you do, but you are right. We must just cherish each day that we have and leave the rest to the Lord. I loved all the pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Happy Mother's Day, Tammy....you're a great mom and I love reading about YOUR mom, too.
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day this year:). You are so blessed with your girls and Mom.
I so agree with you that we're blessed to still have our mothers, Tammy. Mine is a little younger than yours, but she'll be 75 this year. Your mom and my dad are about the same age. I'm so, so thankful that both my parents are extremely healthy.
Actually, I'm pretty sure they both have more energy than I have!
I was thinking how blessed you are, too!
Tammy,
I'm a grandmother, but still am in the sandwich generation. LOL I have my daughter who looks to me for advice, take care of the grandsons and thankfully, I still have my 80 year old mother. She is very independent but I check on her each day.
We are blessed to still have our mothers with us. Your mother is lovely and I've enjoyed all of your family photos.
Blessings,
Mary
Post a Comment