
I know I'm speaking as a proud mother here, but I just have to brag a tiny bit for a moment if you can bear with me...
For the past four months, my little eight year old has been hard at work, practicing with her children's choir for the grand stage performance ...finally held this past Sunday evening!
Those kids all worked so hard (especially this past week!) with all their extra rehearsals!
But it all paid off because they completely wowed their audience and received a standing ovation!
As I mentioned in a previous post, she didn't get any big solos or speaking parts since she has been petrified speaking into a microphone for the first time- in front of strangers- with no parents allowed for support during auditions...
Poor little girl...I have to say, knowing how I felt at that age standing in front of people, I probably would have ran out of there in terror.
Still, that didn't stop her from giving her all Sunday night as she sang with gusto, did her choir choreography, and generally was so animated that one would never guess she ever heard the words "stage fright".
Does it show that I'm feeling a little bit proud of my girl?
Actually, she was in the limelight for a few minutes in the first scene as she and a few others were suppose to be waiting for the grand opening of the park.
She has a tennis racket and a ball...and she swung that racket around so casually it was almost as if she had actually at some point really played the game!
And while singing!

I was thrilled that my mom was able to be there, even though she lives an hour away.
This was because my aunt and her hubby just happened to be coming to town that night to fly out for a trip the next morning. So they picked up my mom on the way- and what a treat for all of them to be there!
(I could write a whole post about my aunt and uncle, who are around 80, yet travel more than they stay home and make me tired just hearing about how much energy they have.)
My daughter also was thrilled that two of her favorite uncles were also there, as well as one of their aunties- all there to support her and cheer her on.
(My little performer is front row, 2nd from right in yellow)Well, the free ice cream sundaes provided for everyone afterwards didn't hurt, either!
Here's a few of the incredible reviews and comments I overheard about the show or my girl's performance...
"Wonderful...incredible...!"- stated her unbiased grandmother.
"That show was better than this ice cream sundae!" -exclaimed an enthusiastic Uncle C. between hot fudge bites.
"The way she swung that racket around....she was a natural!" -declared Uncle B. -aka "Horsey", who enjoys giving his nieces horsie rides on his back at family functions, followed by immediate chiropractic visits. (For Uncle B...not the kids.)
"Not since The Sound of Music has there ever been such a performance..."
(OK, that last one might have not been an exact quote. Maybe what my sister in law actually said was that she saw The Sound of Music at the theater once and it was great...but you can see how I might get that all a bit confused!)
Anyway, the point is that the kids did a wonderful job- they all worked some long hours and then gave it their all.
And add to that the message of the musical was all about how our Heavenly Father loves us...and that the moment we ask Jesus, His Son, into our hearts, we then have a true Father that we can always go to.
So, now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hang out some more with my mom. She's staying with us for a few days and is right now in the midst of some fierce competitions of Scrabble and "Dora Candy Land" in the living room and I want to see who's winning.
Blessings!








25 comments:
You, go, proud mama!
How sweet your post was - you'll need to be sure to journal this into a scrapbook for her to look back upon someday.
Enjoy your time with your mom!
Blessings! Dawn
I'm glad she did such a good job and that y'all enjoyed it! You should be proud! Have a fun time with your mom too.
What a wonderful experience for your daughter. I'm so glad that you shared this with us. Kids need all the support they can get and I'm sure the performance was awesome. Please give her my congratulations for a job well done.
I'm glad that your mother and the aunts and uncles were able to be in the audience. I'm sure your daughter was pleased that so many wanted to see her peform. Lovely!
Blessings to you and yours.
Mary
So sweet, Tammy. And even sweeter that your mom got to share this with all of you. Of course you're proud of her. I would be too!
I was really blessed seeing & hearing the wonderful message sung by the Children's choir. It was lively & animated , simple yet presenting the truth of God's love in a special way that children have. Needless to sy I'm enjoying my visit here with Tammy & family & not to brag of course amazed at some of the words my oldest granddaughter came up with at Scrabble, even helping "Nammy" out a few times with words
~Ruth (Nammy)
How fun! And, through your eyes, I am sure it far surpassed any musical ever! I think moms are allowed to feel that way!
Cute post Tammy! I hope when I am in my 80's I have the energy to travel that your aunt and uncle have. ~ jb///
You have every right to be proud of her. Looks like she did an awesome job!
Great memories and family times!!! You have a lot of those and that is wonderful.
Susan
Congratulations. I love the reviews...done very nicely. Maybe you could do one for my book.
Oh, she is precious! You should be so proud! My daughter is somewhat of a performer. Since I'm a private music teacher, I guess it's in her blood. But the feeling of motherly nervousness when they stand up there, and the proud feeling when they sing their heart out- There's nothing like it!
Oh how cute! I'm so glad they did so well! You must be soooo proud! Tell her good job!
:0) Sharon
I think it our motherly duty to brag on our children every once in a while! I loved this Tammy. She looks so cute! I still remember attending those programs (my son always gave us a little wave when he saw where we were). How nice that so many of the family were there to support her. Wonderful memories!
What a great opportunity for your daughter to be in that play!!! And yes she looks very natural at it:)
Oh I love your quotes...those are treasures to keep:)
Great job!!!! It's such good experience for them to get up there and preform at an early age. Maybe some of us adults wouldn't be so scared to get up in front of a crowd if we had started that young. You brag Mom, it's your right as a Mommy!!
Hi Tammy,
I always think find it delightful when you post about your sweet children's activities.
Getting on stage is a wonderful accomplishment at that age!!
You should always be their biggest cheerleader and you do a super job of that!
So glad your Mom is there and you can have so 3 generation time together.
Enjoy every moment..
xoxo
Oh, I love those kid performances. (Many GREAT memories.) I could easily identify your little girl out in that crowd. Sweet!
I'm thrilled your Mom was able to be there to watch. Enjoy her visit.
Hugs.
ha ha.. I think so too, and I wasn't even there ():
What a precious time and wonderful memories. These years past so very quickly. Treasure each moment!
Hello dear Tammy:-)
Well you have every right to be such a proud mama, your daughter seems to have found her calling!! hehe How wonderful that it all went so well and I can just imagine how thrilled she was to have so many of her relatives there to watch her perform:-) I really miss my boys being that age and taking part in school concerts...to me there is nothing more special than watching young children singing their little hearts out!! xoxo
I don't blame you at all for wanting to brag just a bit. Proud mamas are supposed to do that. Cute photos and it looks like a fun evening. I'm so glad your family was able to come too.
Hugs!
Kat
Oh, I just love this. I directed the children's musicals at our church for years, because I had kids that age and somebody had to do it! Now it's time for my grandkids to start - Care Bear has had terrible stage fright, but she performed in her kindergarten program the other night and did great. I hope it will transfer to church programs now. For their Christmas program, she was able to stand up there and not freeze - but at first she thought she wasn't in the program because she didn't have a solo- she's 5, you know. Lots of years to come.
I wish I could have been there. I adore children's musicals!
How sweet! Your little girl is so lucky to have such a proud mama. Wonderful post! How nice that some extended family could be there, I'm sure your daughter will remember that part for years to come.
Tammy, you have so much to be proud of and in the eyes of your family she was the star. Some day you may see her on Broadway. I love the pictures of her and you will have this memory forever.
What a sweet little performer. How proud you deserve to be of her!
Post a Comment