
This is a post to say that I don't have a real post.
Like with so many of you, this next week or so proves to be busy with events of the ending school year. I was just gazing at the calendar in front of me...sigh.
Here's just a few of mine...
Saturday, my eight year old who began violin lessons in February, will take part in her very first recital.
She will play just half of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star- but with a special rhythm!
Next week, although we home school, my Kindergartener- my baby- will take part in a special Sunday School Kindergarten graduation.
I'll be taking my tissues along with my camera.
My eight year old will be taking her first big test required by homeschoolers in our state.
We will remain calm...we will remain calm...
On top of these, we also have several Missionette badge ceremonies...and an end of the year home school group picnic...
And somewhere in here, I'll be taking a day to help my mom pack things away before we put her house on the market...
But just when I think I can take it easy...
Swimming lessons begin!
Every single morning for two straight weeks...
I've been saying this every year for awhile, but this summer I really, honestly, hope to slow down just a bit...take a collective deep breath as a family...and just enjoy the simple little everyday pleasures of the season.
Hmmm...maybe starting in July...?
So what are you plans for the summer?
Also, be sure to join me for the next Marriage Monday! In between all the above busy-ness, I really hope to finally join in again this time!You can also participate by sharing your own wedding story! Go visit Chrysalis for the details!








15 comments:
Such a fun time of year - but oh so busy!
Yes! Remain Calm! Those awful state tests - I hope she does great!!
I think it's even a busy time of year for us Grandparents Tammy. We have a piano recital to attend on saturday. I love going to those things.
No big plans for the summer. We've decided to wait until the summer rush is over and then take a trip in the fall.
Enjoy the weekend.
Oh my, I'm tired just reading about your scheduled events. It really brought back memories of my end of the school year madness, of years past. Take a deep breath... it will be over before you know it! I hope you do get to relax and enjoy life this summer.
We're SO BUSY this summer, but the big news is A NEW KITCHEN! YAY!
Ours is busy too. We'll be moving our oldest to another province. Talk about getting the tissues out! I'll need to buy another case.
Live never does seem to slow down, does it? Especially with kiddoes. I remember swimming lessons - I kinda enjoyed sitting on the bleachers watching them learn to do something I was afraid to do. Now it's time for the next generation to learn.
Thanks for your sweet comments to me today. I appreciate your care and prayers so much!
Oops - check your work, the teacher used to say! Guess that should say "life" instead of "live".
For the summer - retirement. No vacation plans until fall. Who knows what else??
Busy, busy. I hope my munchkin does well on her test. You'll have to let me know. Don't work to hard & try to find some mommy time for yourself.
Calm is good. I have to remind myself of that sometimes.
I hope your daughter does great and has a fun time during her recital.
Exciting and fun times around your house. Trust all will go well and be enjoyed by all.
Susan
Oh boy... June is always so busy. And then comes the summer activity schedule. I know you'll survive though. :~D
Thanks for the "shout out," Tammy. See you on Monday. :~D
You sure are busy, good thing you are young and have lots of energy! The end of the school year is always chaotic it seems. Even for grandparents who like to attend all the functions that the grand kids are in. I made a decision a few months ago to slow things down a bit and cut out some appointments that I didn't HAVE to go to every week. It has been amazing and I am so much less stressed. We all need to take time to smell the roses! Or ride our horse every day which is something I haven't been able to do for years!
I can totally relate to your business! I feel time just racing faster and faster. Sounds like your summer is off to a fun-filled start!
xo
Thanks for the comments on my cakes - I am so thankful to have these pictures to remind me of the days when I had so much creativity and energy!
Thanks also for your prayers!
Good luck to your daughter on the test and recital. Our summer plans are pretty slim - just the way we like it. We leave Monday for a week at the beach and otherwise, no plans to travel, etc. I have taught all the kids to swim, so this summer I'll be working with Adam to at least be able to jump in and swim back to the side. Last summer, as a 1 year old, I taught him to jump in, go under and then flip onto his back. We'll see.... so far he refuses to only get onto the step in the shallow end.
Post a Comment