

I really hope it's OK to participate in both Boomama's Before and After and Kelli's Show and Tell...but since they both fell on the same day and my show and tell is home improvement, I thought I'd go ahead...and hope I don't get any blogging citations.
In fact, I'm doing this kind of last minute...
But because I worked my little heart out last weekend, let me show you this first project:
The dreaded....PANTRY
I know Boomama ideally wanted Before and After (hence the name!) but I can't show you the before pictures...partly because I didn't think to take them when I started tossing things out right and left on the spur of the moment, but mostly because it would just scare you.
The bottom half is the kids' art cabinet.
Maybe you even think this should look more like the before shot, but believe me, what it looked like before was a terrible thing.In fact, it was pretty downright dangerous. Whenever we tried searching for a glue stick or some play dough, things would tumble out and the children would have to run for cover.
Bless their hearts, they never complained...but last weekend, when my husband took them out for the entire day, I suddenly surprised myself by pulling everything out.
I think half the kitchen floor was covered in debris... and there was a moment when I sat in the middle of it and wondered what I had done! But I sorted and sorted, and threw away half of it all...and then organized the rest!
Just look how the paint is lined up...it's a beautiful thing!
Now, the top half is where we keep both food and meds...This, too, was a disaster.
I could reveal the part of the motivation for cleaning this top half was because we have been invaded my horrible pantry moths...but that would be too much information, so I won't.
But needless to say, my husband helped me with this part, and we bleached and cleaned, bought nice little air-tight containers for our pasta...
and here is the result:
You may wonder how long this pantry will stay organized...I can't promise anything but it's been a week, and so far so good for all of us! Even the kids put things back in the right places, grateful that they're now safe from falling playdough.Oh, and let me show you one last thing...
We started painting our stark, white entry way wall a few weeks ago a nice, rich cranberry color...
As you can see, we need to touch up the door frame and there are a few places, too, on the wall that I want to touch up. Because of time, this has been "a little at a time" project, and it was also the first time the whole family joined in. Which can be attested to by a few little blotchy areas. Oh well...it's the togetherness in a project that counts, right?
Thank you for stopping by and seeing our recent little endeavors.
For more home improvement projects, stop by Boomama's
And for more Show and Tells, go over to There is no place like Home.








30 comments:
Joining late on the show and tell....yea for you. You have no idea how bad my kid's toy/craft closet is....great job, and yea for joining both on the same day. :)
My pantry is a constant battle. Great job! Your paint color is beautiful and looks very welcoming. Blessings to you!
I get those inexplicable cleaning urges too. I'll be in the middle of a GrammaJ phone call and suddenly BAM, I'm pulling out all my spices to reorganize or I've completely dismantled the stove for a scrubbing. I don't know what comes over me! However, I always appreciate the end result.
Your cupboard looks stellar. Our craft cupboard requires a hard hat and a flashlight...
Cool, it looks really good! I need to do that but am not motivated...I think my daughter might help me though and she'll probably force me to toss some stuff out.
Great projects! There is nothing quite like a project being finished to give you the gumption to get started on more. I just need to find the gumption to get started on the first one! LOL!!
Have a great weekend!
Tammy,
That's so funny...Our pantry serves EXACTLY the same purpose...must be because we homeschool...ya think? The bottom shelves are reserved for school stuff...supplies...books...some arts and crafts...and I get the top half for groceries. And my how quickly it can get out of hand. As a matter of fact, mine needs a good cleaning. Maybe you've motivated me enough to do that next week! lol!
I love the color of your entry way! I just love red shades! Very pretty and inviting!
You all have a wonderful weekend!
Tammy
i tackled my pantry too...although i'm not sure it has stayed in that great of order. it has been 2 months though!
love the new color in your entry way!
That's it, you're getting a blogging citation and you're going straight to blogging prison!!!! Hmmmm, you didn't buy that did you! hehe I had to giggle at the first part of your post...of course BooMama and Kelli won't mind you posting both things at the same time. They shouldn't anyway! lol As I always say, it's your blog so do what you want:-)
Isn't it amazing how we can let cupboards become dangerous places to open? I remember one time, Shawn was about 7 years old and was reaching for his scarf in the living room closet when down came a full 40 oz bottle of rum right on his head. OUCH! We use to keep the liquor wayyyy up there on the closet shelf and before you knew it, scarves, mitts, etc were all tangled up in them. Hence the "accident". Try explaining that lump on the head to everyone! lol You did a terrific job my friend and I just love the new colour you've chosen for the entrance wall! Beautiful! xoxo
Always feels so good to get a big job, that's been looming over you, done. The pantry looks great.
Susan
It's such a good feeling to see order reigning out of the chaos. Good job!
This is not the "blogging police" and you are free to do whatever your little heart desires on your blog :-)
Isn't it a great feeling to have things all nice and neat and organized? It looks just great!
I think it is getting time to the toss old spices out, & replace them with new ones, but somehow I don't think about purchasing these items when i'm actually at the grocery store. I guess I should make a list & do that this coming month when my SS check is in & I'm at the store. Grocery Outlet is so much cheaper than Safeway & I should get my spices there. They seem to have a good selection of them too.
Keeping the pantry straight is one of the hardest housekeeping jobs I have. You have inspired me to "git er done."
Now you can rename it Tackle it Tuesday and go for a few more days! Good job - I actually have taken pictures of my future projects, and am totally embarrassed to show them! Thyere are way too many of them, and I can't seem to get around to them. I have finished two so far - my little room here where I blog and the kids play and I do the banking, and the corner cabinet and counter in my kitchen -- feels good!
Good for you! Sometimes those spur of the moment purge and clean things turn out the best. Okay now you've motivated my competitive spirit and I'll have to get to my craft cupboard too! ;v)
I say why reinvent the wheel...if you can kill two bloggy posts with one idea...go for it!
I bet you feel really good after cleaning and organizing. I know I always do! : )
I'm always having to straighten up my pantry too. You did a wonderful job cleaning everything out....looks great!
~Kelli
It's always nice when the whole works together on a project.
Have a great weekend.
It looks just great Tammy. I know that must a wonderful feeling of accomplishment. Love the color you've chosen too. Very warm and inviting.
xo
It looks great! My pantry was on my original before/after list, and it never did get done. After seeing this, I think I have enough motivation to reorganize it. Sometimes when we're straightening you do have to make a bigger mess before it gets clean. That's about the time I always think 'What have I done' too! But once you get to that point, there's nowhere to go but up, right?
Tammy,
Your pantry looks great. Storing craft supplies is no easy job. They seem to always get in a jumble.
Your entryway looks beautiful and I give you kudoos for allowing it to be a family project. Kids need to learn by helping.
Have a great weekend, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary
Wow, I'm impressed. I've been avoiding that task for awhile. My linen closet is a mess and needs to be thinned out! Maybe you've inspired me! Thanks for sharing:)
You did a great job! Why do those things get so out of hand so fast?! I need to tackle my pantry...again. How fun to even have an art closet...great idea!
Oh and thanks for stopping by my blog!
Tammy...... I so need you to come to my house and help me with my sewing and crafts stuff! Please... You did a great job and I am inspired!
I love me some lined up things and all those straight lines. And I have the same containers for pasta. Love them! Everything looks great.
It's hard to stay on top of these types of places! Yea for you for tackling this project and it looks great!
Manuela
Ha! I like that - how long will it stay organized? That is always my dilema!
Happy Monday Tammy!
I really like that cranberry color!
I re-do the pantry, storage room, garage all the time! They start out neat and poof! Those little messy elves work their magic.
LOVE the cranberry walls! It is hard worl to paint dark, it took us 3 coats in our dining room. But I bet you will love it!
Love,
Sue
WOW! I love opening a cabinet door and finding order (I just don't like the never getting around to putting it in order part:)
Post a Comment