Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Dollies, Dollies Everywhere


Hope everyone had a nice Labor Day weekend!
We didn't do anything big, since as you know, we had just gone camping in the lightening storm and everything...;)

But this past Saturday we were down at my mom's house as my husband did some more work on her floors.

Meanwhile, I gathered up some of her many House of Lloyd dolls to try to sell on eb*y since she will be downsizing considerably for where ever her next home will be.

This was
not easy.
As she said, jokingly, "You're selling off my children..."


And my own little girls weren't much help as they kept pointing to the ones they would like to have...as if we had one ounce of space left in our house at all.


I told them they could pick out one each that they can "request" for maybe Christmas.

(Okay...I admit it. I made a request, too.)

And before you feel too sorry for my mom, she is keeping a few that she just can't part with. But the rest I took home to take pictures of and place in e-b*y land for adoption.

Well...alright...another confession:
As I started to take a picture of Jack and Jill, I paused. Look how cute they were with their pails and all.
I stood there, camera poised, ready to tell them to say "cheese"...but I just couldn't do it.

Not yet.
I'd think about it just a bit and let them just sort of hang out in my living room before I decided...
But don't they look so at home here? Kinda' like the just want to stay...

As for the other dolls, here's my little commercial- you can check them all out by clicking on my ebay icon in the sidebar!


On the way home from my mom's that day, we stopped at the miniature golf place since the girls had earned a free game through the library program. Let's just say that when our youngest started swinging, you better duck and run...

"FOUR!!!!" But what a great time she had! And the final score was pretty close... even with her sister's big out of bounds swing that amazingly made the ball fly through the air wildly, into the next part of the course, and make a hole in one!

That made even a certain cranky little nine year old smile big-time!





Although we've done a little schooling throughout the summer, we're officially going to start on the 9th. But for all of you who either home school or have kids|grand kids starting this week, hope it's off to a wonderful start! We're just going to ride bikes and listen for the Popsicle man just one week longer...

Blessings!

19 comments:

Jill said...

I think Jack and Jill should stay just where they are...they do look right at home there! Enjoy the last few days of summer! We're nearly a month into school already here.

Carla said...

I wish you luck on selling the family members! I dread when my mom decides to thin out her stuff! Its only my brother and I, and he has already said when she goes, I get it all! And it is alot! The dolls are sweet, your girls are sweet! Happy last week before school to you all!

Linda said...

Jack and Jill look very much at home. :) I started homeschooling about 3 wks ago. This is my first time. It has been going pretty good.
Blessings,
Linda

Michelle said...

Look at the swing on her! LOL Glad they had a fun time golfing!

Unknown said...

I love you dolls. They fit right in where you have the. Enjoy all your precious Moments with your girl's. They grow up so fast!
Take care. Lisa

Momma Roar said...

Enjoy the time until you start! We started 6 weeks ago and are looking forward to some good time off this month to enjoy everything while everyone else is back in school!!!!

The dolls do look right at home there! :)

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Enjoy your last week of summer! That's the fun of homeschooling:).

Susannah said...

A wonderful pair of dolls! Love the clothes. And OK, I admit it, I'm a doll-lover too. This summer I cleaned out our basement, and guess what I found... all our daughter's dolls and stuffed toys. I couldn't toss a single one!

We love mini-golf but haven't played for awhile. (A good reminder.) Congrats on your
FREE family outing... a bonus to wrap up summer. :~D

Anonymous said...

I agree Jack & Jill look so at home at your house, & if they stay, I will be able to visit them when i come up. Al my dolls were so beautiful & it is hard to paart with something I have had in my doll collection for such a long time.
Ruth

Susie said...

Hi Tammy
It must be so hard for your mom to part with her dollies!
I do think that Jack & Jill want to live with you!
I think taking one more week and enjoying summer is a super idea.
Have a dreamsicle for me and check out my latest post to see why!!
xo

Mary said...

Tammy,

Jack & Jill are darling carrying their pail of water while standing on that crate. What a beautiful focal point.

I know it must be hard for your Mom to let her dolls go, but I also have downsized. There comes a time when it just has to be. I'm sure your daughters will be granted their Christmas request.

Take care, my friend. I've enjoyed visiting with you, as always.

Blessings,
Mary

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Jack and Jill look like they might not be going anywhere! :) I bet it really was hard to see some of those "children" go for your mom! I would have a terrible time doing that because Joy would want them all!

We've been doing light duty school for two weeks but a full load (our new curriculum should be here anyday) next week. Plus our back to school first gym day is Tuesday of next week. That means lots of responsibilities for me as the coordinator! That part I wish could drag on until later! Have fun your last few days before school! And Joy would love hanging out with your girls! I wish we lived closer!

Have a great day, my friend!

Tammy (the other one!)

Carole Burant said...

Oh dear, I would have a hard time parting with any of those dolls! lol I cringe whenever I think of having to downsize one day because I'm soooo sentimental and have a hard time getting rid of stuff.

I haven't gone mini golfing in a few years but I always find it a lot of fun. Wowie on your oldest daughter doing that hole in one...doesn't matter how it was done, she did it! hehe

School started here yesterday (Wednesday) and I have to get used to seeing the school buses back on the road! The best of luck on your new homeschooling year:-) xoxo

Dawn said...

Best wishes with E-Bay and with prying those beautiful dolls out of everyone's hands!

The mini golf looks like fun - and riding bikes and listening for the ice cream cart sounds like a good way to spend another week!

Cheryl said...

I know what it is like to move a parent...recently. Hope all goes smoothly for you all!

Ruth said...

trying again

Corrie said...

Oh, to make the days of summer last just as long as you can...sounds like a great plan! Your girls are getting so big!

Anonymous said...

Jack and Jill look TOO comfortable. Put their butts on ebay. Snort.

Love the pictures of your lil golfers! :o)

gail@more than a song said...

I don't blame you one bit for waiting til next week for school! Enjoy the weekend!