
It's been way too long since I participated in Friday's Show and Tell!
Anyone who has known me for awhile, knows I've always loved old movies. (See my sidebar for my classic movie blog... um, which I sadly never seem to have time to keep up...)
Even from the time I was little, I enjoyed watching an old movie on TV, complete with commentary from my parents who would tell me who all the actors were. My mom, especially, could even name almost every minor player and character actor in movies from the 30's and 40's!
And as I would watch some of these movies, I'd realize even from a young age, that there was something special about them.
The saying was true: They just didn't make 'em like that anymore.
Awhile back, my brother in law and sister in law gave us two of their their giant movie posters. (They, too, have an appreciation for the oldies!) But we didn't have any place to display them at first. Yet, I just had to hang onto them because not only were they just "old movie posters" but they represented two of my all-time favorites!
But a few weeks ago, I was re-arranging some pictures in our small bonus room. (It works as our office, music room, doggie room, sometimes extra school room and laundry- all in one little area!) and suddenly remembered these treasures!


They're actually quite large- about 30 inches high- and they just make me smile.
Here's another picture of the last poster in the room...
So, now I can see Gene Kelly dancing with his umbrella or dust off Zuzu's petals every single day."What is it you want, Mary? Do you want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down for you..."
For more show and tell participants, visit Kelli at "There is no place like home"!








20 comments:
I'm so glad you found a place for these! Aren't they wonderful? AND they make you smile, does it get any better?
I love It's a Wonderful Life. We watch it every Christmas! So glad you hung the posters. They just bring a smile. They are probably worth some money today so hang onto those treasures!
I love those! We have some broadway posters that I need to get frames for and hang somewhere....yours look good, glad you got them up!
Very nice that they gave these to you.
Susan
Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. I would love to have a home theatre room and I would also have posters and a popcorn machine...yours are very nice!
Like your movie posters! They look great.
Nice posters!
Fantastic! :o)
Hey thanks for stopping by!! i love your posters. I was raised on movies too..course then they were pretty NEW!! I still watch movies..kind of a love for me.
Thanks again for coming to my humble blog. Do come back..Sandy
Tammy,
Those old movie posters are awesome. What treasures. Be sure to hang onto them. They are rare today.
Take care and enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,
Mary
Hi Tammy
I'm cleaning closets this weekend, but I sneak away periodically to read a few blogs. (Hey, a girl needs a break every once in awhile! Especially from a job I don't enjoy...at all.) It's been fun catching up with you. I hope you're having a good weekend.
Hugs!
Kat
Those are wonderful - and great you have them displayed somewhere you can see them every day.
Those posters are wonderful! I too love old movies and some of them I have seen in several different versions. I love Rebecca and it has been put out in three versions. Of course I like the original the best.
Thank you Tammy for caring and thinking of us this past week. We miss Buddy terribly but are so blessed to have had him for 16 years in our lives! xoxo
I haven't had time to keep up my classic movies blog, either! I'm currently enjoying Joseph Cotten movies.
Hello,
Thank you for your visiting me - thanks for showing us your old movies-related items!
Have a great week ahead! :)
I love old movies. These two are good ones.
Oh my goodness, Tammy....I'd love to have that It's a Wonderful Life Poster! Your posters look great there!
My son and I got to meet the lady that played Zu Zu as a little girl! We have a Christmas ornament signed by her and it hangs on our tree every year. She also signed our copy of the movie. Colt had his picture taken with her and he took her roses (with no broken petals!). Just reading your words...lasso the moon...got me excited all over again about the movie...
Let's see...Buffalo Gal, won't you come out tonight...Annnnnnnnddd...dance by the light of da mooooon!
~ Tammy ~ (The other one)
Those are also two of my favourite old movies:-) How wonderful that you have the posters and could now hang them up. It's amazing that some of those posters are still around today...I have one of Elvis from his movie "Double Trouble" and a lot of collectors would pay a fortune for it but I won't part with it. I've had it since the 70's:-) xoxo
Very cool. Love the old movies too.
A friend of ours pointed out a couple of years ago that our youngest looked like Zuzu. So, we rewatched the movie and sure enough she really did. Now she doesn't as her face shape changed. It was fun at the time!
Such treasures! Those posters are fantastic. I wonder if they're worth anything?... yes, something I'm sure! Love those movies too...
Friday's Show and Tell is the perfect place to showcase this classic graphic artwork. Hugs.
Post a Comment