Leigh Ann from Living to learn and learning to live tagged me along with this award...
Thank you, Leigh Ann! (and to think it even has some of my favorite colors and everything!) :)Here are the rules:
- Mention the blog that gave it to you and comment on their blog to let them know you've posted your award
- Publish these rules
- Share 6 values that are important to you and 6 things you do not support
- Grant the prize to 6 people
It almost goes without saying that I value my relationship with Jesus above all else.
And my family is what I hold dear above all on this earth.
Followed by true friendship- something sometimes hard to come by but so worth treasuring.
So, I'm going to jump ahead to lesser things on my list...
1) A nice, tall pumpkin latte just as the first leaves begin to turn color.
2) Time alone to read a really good book. (Currently reading the book I won over at Jill, Inc called "A mile in my Flip Flops"- about a single gal who's addicted to watching HGTV and decides to try flipping a house. I am so enjoying this light read!)
3) Vegging out occasionally with an old movie...or HGTV
4) Listening to romantic music, alone with my husband (it doesn't happen that often with the business of life, but when it does, it rates right up there- yes, even higher than the pumpkin latte.)
5) Being able to be home with my children during the day - and more precisely, to home school them. Although it has it's challenges like any job, it is truly one of the things that gratifies me the most and that I'm thankful for.
6) Last but not least...(well, alright, I guess it is least...)
Chocolate anything.
6 Things I do not support:
1) Any bug or insect's right to take up residence in my home.
2) The way that gravity is not a gal's best friend.
3) Surprise crumbs on the sheets when I get into bed. (It's not always hubby...sometimes little munchkins were there...)
4) People who use foul language in public places. (Especially where there are little ears!)
5) Having "alternative lifestyles" popping up more and more on channels like my HGTV
6) And finally, (sorry to any friends on the "left")
I do not support the Democratic candidate.
Now, I have to award and tag 6 people. It's hard to keep track of who has done this one, so if I tag you and you already did this, just be glad you're oh so popular.
So...
Dawn at Dawn Writes.
Michelle at Big Blueberry Eyes.
Susanne at Living to tell the Story.
Susan at Learning for a Lifetime.
Mary at Mary's Writing Nook.
Lisa at A Place to Land.
I know sometimes tags are hard to find time to do, but if you accept this award which you all deserve, then let me know so I can come read your answers!
And speaking of Michelle, whom I listed, I was lucky enough to win a sweet Precious Moments figurine from her. It's so adorable- thank you again, Michelle!
She also tucked in a surprise chapter book for my girls called "Precious Girls Club" and I just finished reading it to them last night. They were entranced and didn't want it to end!
They even a new website that I thought a few you others with girls under ten might be interested in...they are still working on it, but you can still go by to play games, print out coloring sheets, ect.
OK, I just looked at my calendar and realized that it's the first day of FALL!
This northern gal can't really say it like they do in the south, but...









18 comments:
Hi Tammy! I miss reading your posts... way too much work lately, even on weekends... This was a fun on to read. Wishing you a great week... Spring is here :-)
You certainly deserve this Kreativ Blogger award, Tammy. You have a great writing ability and are always a good read. Congratulations!
Susan
Happy Autumn! It's so lovely out in Maine today that it's hard to crew ourselves down to actually doing schoolwork.
Maybe we'll go outside and count caterpillars or something. That's school, right?
Usually I am a drinker of simple, unadulterated black coffees. But this very week, on a weird whim, I ordered a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks. (I think it was only $87 for a small)
It. was. heavenly.
Happy Fall back to you! I love your list and I have been tagged from someone....... cannot remember who! hahahha I will go and do that today sometime.... Have a wonderful week and watch those bugs!
Hi Tammy,
I enjoyed reading your 6 likes and "not so likes" Congratulations on your well-deserved award. Your writing is one of your God-given gifts that you graciously share with us :)
Happy fall to you too, and find time to listen to music with your guy..
xoxo
Happy Fall to you too!! It is definitely here - as well as Indian Summer.
I can't imagine pumpkin and coffee in the same cup. I'm afraid it would be on my second list if I did this one! But then I don't like coffee at all, and pumpkin bread, but not pumpkin pie. Weird, I know.
Tammy,
I enjoyed reading your answers to the meme. It's nice to get to know you better.
I will try to get this done a little later in the week. Thank you so much for thinking of me.
Congratulations on the win and how nice of your friend to include a book for the girls.
Isn't that car beautiful? I used an old mercury that color.
Take care and enjoy your week.
Blessings,
Mary
Thanks Tammy for the award. I have posted about it. Happy Fall to you too. Hugs, Lisa~
HM Pumpkin Latte that sounds interesting. I'll have to try one sometime. How sweeet that she sent a book for the girls too. I know how much the girls love to read & hear stories.
I'm hoping it warms back up a little & miss that nice warm sunshine we had last week.
Just come visit me Tammy... I can really teach you to say y'all and a few other southern words but none that are foul language ( I agree with your entire list).
I'm so proud of you for homeschooling. Your girl's are truly blessed.
Congrats on your award!
I loved reading your answers! thanks for tagging me; I'll try to get to this sometime this week!
I'm glad your girls enjoyed the book too!
That was fun to read! Congratulations on your award and Happy First Day of Fall!
~Kelli
And Happy Fall to you too!
I'm with you on this: Having "alternative lifestyles" popping up more and more on channels like my HGTV Surprising, isn't it!
I also agree with you on #6. Hugs!
Fun to read your list Tammy and what you value and don't support! I think I'm almost the exact same on most of those...especially chocolate and those last few things you don't like. Me either!
Happy fall!
Congrats! You sure do deserve it. And you proved it with this fun post. I'm so with you on not supporting bugs taking up residence in your home. And oh, the pumpkin latte sounds wonderful!
Love both your lists!! :)
That book sounds interesting - is it fiction or nonfiction? Like I need another book to stack onto my already-too-high to be read pile!
Thanks for playing along!! I enjoy you and your blog! :D
Congrats on the award. I love the pumpkin lattes, too, and need to make a point to get one soon! Happy Fall!
I finally did this!
Post a Comment