Saturday, November 08, 2008

An Award...And a walk back memory lane


I just am in a bloggy fog this week. Between the rainy weather, a headache yesterday, hormones and, well, Election Day...I've been in... hey, I've just made us up a new phrase: Blog Fog. So, when I saw that I was given this award from e-mom over at Chrysalis, I felt so blessed.

If you haven't stopped by there yet, you're in for a treat. She always brings up such fascinating topics and has such words of wisdom from the Word. She is also our "home base" host for the monthly "Marriage Monday"! Thank you so much, e-mom!

Here are the rules:


1.
Only five people are allowed.
2. Four have to be dedicated followers of your blog.
3. One has to be a new follower of your blog, or live in another part of the world.


So, though it's hard to narrow this down to five, but this time, I'm choosing:

1. Mamaology
2. Susie's Space
3. Country Girl at Home
4. Dawn Writes
and a new friend,
5. Balancing Beauty and Bedlam

And here's a meme while I'm at it...

I'm not exactly sure if I did this one already a long time ago...but then, I'm in a
Blog Fog and all... so I'll go ahead anyway:

Where Were You?

20 Years ago:



I was working as a preschool\ day care teacher and absolutely loving it, while living with my mom.
Dating now and then, but not a lot.
I had just lost my father in June of that year, so still grieving and helping my mom through her grief.

15 Years ago:

Just met the man I would marry and we were in the process of falling in love!
Yep, things were pretty exciting for me 15 years ago this fall...

10 Years ago:



It was in in this month of November- ten years ago- that my husband and I found out we were expecting our first child!
I remember though we had prayed and planned exactly for this, some nervousness was mingled with our excitement. My husband had just left the Navy and was still seeking employment. Not to mention, first time parent jitters!
But we were praying and trusting God, and very thrilled over it all.
Although my mom already knew, we announced the news at our big Thanksgiving gathering.

5 years ago:

Well, this gives my age away, but I was 40! Knowing I've always loved nostalgia and the 1940's era, my husband gave me a 1940's birthday bash and it was truly one of the best birthdays I've ever had!
(He even wore his sailor uniform!)


And hitting this milestone was also made easier because I was still nursing my second baby, who was nine months old. You just can't feel over the hill when you're nursing a baby, somehow!

One Year ago:

Well, pretty much exactly what I'm doing right now. Homeschooling my girls, attending the same church, and trying to keep the socks in the laundry from multiplying faster than bunnies.

And like last year, I'm trying to be the woman God wants me to be, sometimes falling short but glad He still loves me...and working on relaxing and appreciating all those "little moments" in life.


If you would like to do this meme, especially if you find yourself in a BLOG FOG...please do...I tag YOU!
And feel free to take my new, hip phrase I've invented because I know it will be sweeping blogland in no time!

Blessings!


34 comments:

Susan said...

Enjoyed the pictures and your story, Tammy :o)
Susan

Katy said...

I loved reading this! :)
LOL about the socks!!! :)
I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Susanne said...

Well, blog fog certainly describles exactly what I've been having lately. LOL.

Congrats on the award, Tammi, and I loved reading this meme. Lots of fun.

Dawn said...

Thank you so much for the award!!! What a sweet think to receive.

I loved your meme even more! It was a nice snapshot of the progression of your life.

Blessings!
Dawn

Nadine said...

I like that - blog fog - good term. I enjoyed your meme with the pictures.

Congratulations on the award.

Dawn said...

Great pictures and memories. There must be a lot of blog fog going on this week, based on my visitor count!

Faith said...

Loved your pics and the stories behind them. Maybe I'll play this soon.
I, too, had a little one at age 40. She turned 1 2 weeks after I turned 40....she is now about to turn 10! Yeah, I'm almost 49 but loving it!

Anonymous said...

Very hip and groovey Tammy, hehe. It was fun going down memory lane with you.

If I can find some fun photos like you did, I may have to try this one.

Hope the fog lifts soon!

Linda said...

Blog Fog - I love it! And I think it's contagious because I have been feeling the same way. I don't have a thought for the weekend- so I'm just trying to catch up with everyone else and read their brilliance.
You did a great job for being in a fog. I love the meme.
Have a good weekend Tammy!

Ruth said...

Loved the new fall picture that you are using. Blog Fog is something I seem to get into every time I make a new entry in Nammy''s Musings, my blog. I most always have to rewrite some of it. I still need you to show me how to add pictures to make mine more intersting. Love all the pictures.

Justabeachkat said...

Blog Fog - been there, done that!

I enjoyed reading your post. Congrats on the award.

Hugs!
Kat

Ms. Kathleen said...

What a cute meme and enjoyed the pictures...Great reward you got there! Hugs!

Juanita said...

Congrats on your award and thanks for sharing the pics and the memories. Have a blessed day!
Juanita

Dawn said...

I forgot I already had your address - Kristen sent you an invitation. Did you get it? You'll love her latest post.

Rick said...

I hope over from Ginger's blog. Hello from a fellow Oregonian. I really like the photo on your blog header. Is that Oregon?

Pamela said...

You never change. You look so young and vibrant.

Michelle said...

Blog Fog - love it! I enjoyed your trip down memory lane too!

Anonymous said...

Yup Tammy, it was you I mentioned on my blog :) I'm sorry I had your state wrong. I was thinking that is where the Rolofs were from, but my mistake. When I looked at your profile I realized right away that I made a mistake.

I truly think you are amazing. I would love to sit and chat face to face with you anyday anytime. Your faith is so evident as well as your love for your family.

I pray you feel blessed today and I thank you for always blessing me with your example of a godly woman.

The Phoenix said...

I've never commented here before, since I never have read your blog before. And more's the pity, because we think/feel alike, on political things.

I am scared, scared, scared. And since I have never felt this way before, in all my years in my Beloved Country... I had to make a blog, specifically for the purpose of trying to spread the word... That we must watch like hawks, what will be going on {and already is going on} in our Beloved Country.

Having just come across your blog, I wanted to invite you to come by this new blog of mine, if you wish.

We will all need Courage! And the knowledge that others out here, believe as we do, is helpful also. At least to me, it is.

And if you come over and agree with me. And if you tell me that it is OK with you, I will add your blog to my Blog List on my Sidebar. {Never had a Blog List before but... } And if you do not want me to do so, for ANY reason, I will honor this wish too. Of course.

Thank you.

The Phoenix

Mary said...

Tammy,

I enjoyed all the photos and your story. Sounds like your 40th birthday was a lot of fun.

Take care and thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Nursing Sisters post.

Blessings,
Mary

Unknown said...

Tammy
I enjoyed reading this meme. I love the picture of you and your DH in the sailor suit.Wtg to go on your award. Have a great week
Lisa

Susannah said...

A very, very fun post... I don't see any evident of Blog Fog at all! I really enjoyed all your photos. And thanks so much for the shout out. Congratulations again! Hugs, e-Mom

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Tammy,

Thank your so much for the award! I am really honored! We really must have been thinking of each other at the same time! :) I am so glad I found your blog! I know we would be great friends if we lived close to each other...I can just feel it! Joy is excited about writing your daughter too!

Wow...you haven't aged hardly any! I loved all the photos! I might have to do this meme sometime!

Thanks again for the award! I'll post it real soon on my blog!

Have a great week!
Hugs from the other Tammy :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip down memory lane... Even if it was a little foggy! ;o)

Cris said...

Good to see you looking better and better as time goes by! :-) How's everyone doing. xoxoxo

Jill said...

Loved seeing the pictures along with the story. I'm with you on having a baby and being 40.

.Tom Kapanka said...

I've been in that same fog since the election.

I wanted to tell you there is a correction in my comment section. Kim was in 5th grade when she made her book. I explain it there.

groovyoldlady said...

I live in a blog fog
trying to find a way
to make those keys
say what I want to say

Sometimes they work with me
Sometimes not
Seems the battle for words
is always hard fought

Unknown said...

Very cool blog that you have. I have to be honest that the thing that brought me to your blog was your creative name. I didn't know what I was getting into when I started blogging a couple months ago. I would have chosen a more catchy title like you did. Take care.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

BLOG FOG during my BEDLAM...that is me. :)

gail@more than a song said...

That was fun to read!
I think I've had that blog fog thing too!

Tori Leslie said...

Oh how fun! Loved all those pictures!

Kelli said...

What a fun meme, Tammy! The pictures and notes are wonderful!
~Kelli

Susie said...

Hi Tammy,
I had a few spare moments, so wanted to check in with a few of my dearest blogging buddies. I love your term "blog fog". I'm sure that it will catch on quickly.
Loved seeing your little trip down memory lane. Your beautiful smile hasn't changed one bit!
Hope you're well and know that I think of you often..
xo
PS Thank you for the award :)