Saturday, November 01, 2008

Behind the Facade...

In the two and a half years I've been doing this, I don't think I've gotten political on my blog.

Until today.

And first, let me start by saying that if anyone reading this is from the "left" side of the tracks, let me assure you that I respect your right to believe differently. That's what makes our country the great democracy that it is.

However, since this is my personal blog, I do get to express my opinions, right? And I just can't hold it in any longer...

As I look around, it becomes obvious to me that too many people have been caught up in the hype and charisma of Obama...but when asked what this "change" is that will take place, some can't even say.

Perhaps they didn't like the last administration for whatever reasons. So they just want "change".
Doesn't matter if the change might prove to be actually worse... just
change.

And more often than not, they are looking at the packaging... the slick, youthful and talented orator.
But when you get down to the heart of the matter, the substance- where there is any- is scary.

But I'll let the candidates speak for themselves. You have to base your decision on the one who's values most mirrors your own.

Obama:
"Throughout my career, I've been a constant and strong supporter of reproductive
justice and consistently had a 100% pro-choice rating with Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America." ~ Obama for President Press Release 1-22-08

In contrast...

McCain:
"Whenever the value of the one class of persona is not respected whether they are unborn, handicapped, and elderly, the dignity of all mankind is threatened...I understand how every child literally alters the course of human history." ~ John McCain 1-22-08

Obama:

“It’s not that I want to punish your success [with higher taxes]. I just want to make sure that everybody that is behind you, that they have a chance for success too. I think that when you spread the wealth around that it is good for everybody.”


And here is Obama's own words, nothing omitted, concerning our national defense:

"We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well funded." - Barack Hussein Obama

And please, watch this short video where he speaks for himself- the truth is there and it is so eye-opening.
(It may take a moment to load...)



So this Tuesday, you are free to vote for whomever you choose.
But know the issues.
Make sure you know the real issues behind each of these men.
And then vote your conscience.


27 comments:

Nancy said...

Great job, Tammy! You really have some solid facts here and I appreciate the courage it took to do this post. I already knew how I would vote on Tuesday, but your post reinforces the need to get the word out, right up until the last curtain is pulled!

I will also do my share of praying for the election, the candidates and the voters.

Have a great weekend and thanks for this insightful information.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Great Job, Teammate! We may not reach many through our blogs who do not think the way we do, but if there's someone undecided for some reason, perhaps the posts will cause them to dig deeper. I do know, however, that God is on his throne and his will WILL be done.

.Tom Kapanka said...

Tammy,
I'll be pulling the same lever here in Michigan. When you see the hatred those millions of militant Muslims in the video have for America, it underscores how naive it is for Obama to think he is going to "reason" with them, as if they will be as easily charmed as his followers in the U.S. The fact is they hated us before the war in Iraq not because of it. They will hate us even after Obama weakens us (if he gets the chance), but they will love the fact that he will have turned our swords into plowshares prematurely.

Thanks for posting this. We'll be able to get back to our normal posts soon enough.
Tom

Nadine said...

Nicely said Tammy. I'm amazed how much people are almost bewitched by him. They have no idea what he stands for except change and can't say what it is.

Susan said...

Great post. Many are also calling for prayer and fasting over the next 3 days. We must each do what the Lord has laid on our hearts in seeking God's will and repenting for our nation. So appreciate your stepping forward.
Susan

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Very powerful video Tammy! Let us pray that the Lord is gracious to us in this election.

But whatever the outcome, may we ultimately trust HIM who is Sovereign over all things. Praise God that He is our mighty King!

Cheryl said...

I totally and absolutely agree. If you haven't seen this video, you need to go to this link. Be prepared. If you can't make it through the difficult stuff, then click on the "go to the end" button and see the results of one woman who saw this clip and decided to choose life.
http://durarealidad.com/

gail@more than a song said...

Good job! I totally agree Tammy and glad you posted this. He scares me, scares me silly about the military stuff; and anyone that doesn't value human life from conception does not get my vote. I have been surprised that so many people seem to be charmed by him because of his smooth talking.
In a way I want this to be over but will not like it if the outcome goes a certain way!

Justabeachkat said...

A big AMEN from me!

Gosh, I haven't been by in awhile. Life has been C-R-A-Z-Y for me lately, but I'm finally able to slow down enough to do some blog reading.

Hugs!
Kat

Dawn said...

I'm trying so had to not be scared spitless about Tuesday. What really frightens me is how many students will be able to vote right on their campuses, and they have been wooed by him and his Hollywood minions. I know God is in control, but I get sick to myh stomach thinking of even r years of this man's policies.

Mrs. Geezerette said...

Tammy, I sneaked over here from Tom's blog. Thanks for posting this stuff. I had not seen the video you have up. It reminded me of just how dangerous a world we live in.

It scares me to think that we might be electing a man to serve as our President who thinks that a civilian national security force is needed in order to protect our country and that it should be just as well funded as our military. What in the world is he talking about?

Ruth said...

Great Post! I have mailled my ballot in. I like our Oregon way of voting by mail.(no standing in line to vote) I listened carefully to both candidates( Obama mentioned change but never stated wht he would change) I also felt thet he is naive in thinking that you can sit down with the leaders of certain nations & have a favorable result. Agressors are agressive & diplomacy doesn't always work with them.

Katy said...

I couldn't agree with you more!!!! :)
Sooooooooooooo true! I just wish more people would see it! I have been in great prayer about this election and really hope people understand that we should NOT put Obama in the President's position!

Susan said...

Very well-said, Tammy!! Hope you're well this November Sunday!

Hugs,

Susan

Mary said...

Tammy,

Well spoken, my friend. Though everyone doesn't agree on the candidate to bring the change about, the US does need change.

We had our own federal election on October 14th and nothing changed because people didn't go out and vote. Those who don't vote shouldn't complain about what occurs because they didn't care enough about it to take a stand and vote.

Take care and be sure to vote on the 4th, which I know you will.

Blessings,
Mary

Linda said...

Excellent post Tammy - so thoughtfully done. I'm with you. I don't really want to be subtle about it any more. There is so much we hold dear at stake in this election.
I'm praying hard too.

Dawn said...

I got a tad political today, too.

Jill said...

Amen. It's been such a long campaign season and I want it to be over with, but am worried about Tuesday's outcome.

Dawn said...

Very, very well said Tammy!

Change can be good... when it's the right change. Unfortunately, Obama's idea of change is all wrong.

Blessings!

Carole Burant said...

It certainly will be very interesting to find out what the outcome will be. I'm sure everyone is fed up with the campaigning and worried about the future...hopefully the right person will be chosen. xoxo

Denise said...

AMEN AND AMEN AND AMEN........... I am sooooooooooooo grieved in my spirit man........ so grieved! I do not know what will happen Tuesday but I HAVE to believe that God is supreme and I have to believe that HE has a plan....... I fear for my beautiful America........ I am grieved........

Susannah said...

Amen, sister! Thanks for speaking out. :~D

Michelle said...

wow that was really powerful!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Tammy,

Thanks for posting this Tammy! I know we volunteered for McCain/Palin's campaign and made calls...we couldn't just do nothing...and we donated...and mostly PRAYED....For the eyes and ears of the American people to be opened to the truth!

Blessings,
Tammy

Ginger said...

Great facts love the blog
Go to my blog, I tagged you!
Hugs ginger

Anonymous said...

I am soon to be 43 years old. I just registered to vote. I could not, in good conscience, sit by and not let my one vote be counted. That's never happened to me before. I feel saddened by the choice that has been made.

Pamela said...

do you have an Email?

respond to pamelathedust@yahoo.com