
I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
For the first time in years, we didn't host it at our house, and it was nice little respite. And the food was scrumptious...
There's always too many of us to ever sit around a table (and unless one of the relatives buys a house with a dining room big enough to host a Henry the VIII type,12 foot long table- it's just not going to happen.)
We always just sit around wherever we can and chat while we eat way too much of everything.
Here is just a small fraction of our crowd, on my sister in law's (not shown) back deck:
(Um, also not shown is a brother in law, who's baby son seems to be hiding him!)And it's always followed by a rousing game of this...

It's kind of a tradition that at least a handful of us play every year.
However, the following day- on my second trip out of the house on that mad, crazy shopping day... it was easy to guess what my mood quickly turned to...
My family and I were at the mall, taking turns separating and then meeting up again while we shopped for one another. I was waiting on one of the chairs in the mall, shopping bag in hand along with my purse and youngest girl's coat, and getting very warm. So, I took off my jacket and made a mental note to be sure to not forget it.
And you can see where this is going...
A little while later I got up to meet my family a few feet away and then separate one more time...and it was then that I realized I didn't have my jacket.
My little black leather jacket that my husband had gotten me a couple years ago.
I ran frantically, my little girl who was now with me nearly flying behind me in the wind...but it wasn't there.
My husband and I searched, I checked Lost in Found and left my name with them...and even prayed we'd find it...but evidently someone was thrilled that they could so easily steal a leather jacket and get away with it.
It was Black Friday, alright...
So, needless to say, I felt sad that one of my favorite jackets was gone...and even sadder that I had been so careless.
But I keep telling myself that it was an incredibly long day fighting the crowds and I was exhausted... And that losing a jacket is not the end of the world. It is just a thing, after all.
But that night I was emotionally and physically done in, and it was good to just go to bed and snuggle under the covers watching one of my favorite "modern movies" - Family Man, that happened to be on TV...all I needed to make it complete was a few pounds of chocolate.

But hey, I didn't completely forget to have the drawing for participants in my Home School Open House giveaway!
I must first clarify something...in the picture where my six year old is showing her Mayflower craft, I need to tell you that on hers, she insisted I cut a different way so that the ship would not just simply go back and forth a couple inches...no, it had to zig zag around or it just wouldn't do.
So her Mayflower really had quite the voyage! ;)
Anyway, as you'll remember, those who put the button in their sidebar were entered...and participants in the Open House got their name thrown in twice!
So, only moments ago, my oldest daughter picked a name...and she giggled because the name written said....
Miss Piggy! Yes, from her blog, The Funny Farm. I've known her for almost as long as I've been blogging, so I was thrilled that she won!
She'll be getting a fabulous ornament which I'll be mailing out this coming week. Congratulations "Miss Piggy"!
And again, a huge thank you to all who participated!
Tomorrow I hope to read up on how all of your Thanksgiving weekends went...but in the meantime, it's off to bed!
Blessings!








25 comments:
Aww, Tammy, that's a shame about the jacket. You're right, it's just a thing - but it was your thing and you're going to miss it, huh? I know I would. Too bad...
Jennifer
Sorry about your jacket. Yes, things are just "things" and we have to keep that upper most in our minds.....but it still hurts.
Susan
Aw, I am so sorry to hear about your jacket.
It is not just the what-ever-thing that is lost it is also the memories that goes with it. It is almost as if someone stole your thoughts.
Remember the victim can not be guilty. It often happens in my corner of the world that the victim is made out to be the guilty part.
Oh Tammy! I'm so sorry about your jacket. I've done something like that before and it makes you so mad at yourself, I know. I'm glad your Thanksgiving with family was good.
Hugs!
Kat
I'm sorry about your jacket. I can understand how upsetting that can be when it was a gift from your husband.
It was more than the actual "thing" it was the memory of his gifting it to you.
I'm so sorry someone thought they could just walk off with your jacket! I don't understand people, that jacket obviously belonged to someone...it makes me sad that so many people are dishonest and wouldn't do the right thing. Thankfully it was just the jacket though...you didn't say if you had anything in the pockets- hopefully not!
Sorry about your jacket - let's hope it went to someone who needed it to stay warm this winter?!?!
Congrats to Miss Piggy!! I enjoy this and I still need to get around and visit everyone's posts!
Tammy,
So sorry to hear about the jacket. What a bummer.
I am going to have to check out that game. It looks interesting. We love family games at the holidays. Last night we played a rousing game of Pictionary.
I've missed keeping up with you lately. My head's been elsewhere. But I do thank you for stopping by and extending your prayers my way.
Hugs,
Susan
So sorry you lost you jacket. It look slik eyou have a great fun family Thanksgiving. I have never played the Mood game.
Have a great week.
Lisa
I"m sos orry about the jacket! I know you feel bad, especially since it was from your sweetie.
Our Thanksgiving was much quieter and more relaxing than usual - we did all sit around the table. I'm having two events at my house coming up, so have lots of decorating to get busy on - I got one of my trees up yesterday with lots of "help" from the girlies!
Kristen has a new post up - I wish she had time to come around and visit more!
Tammy,
I'm glad that the Mayflower had a successful journey. lol Kids are so cute!
I'm so sorry you lost your jacket, but possibly it went to someone who needed it desperately. Maybe that is the silver lining in this cloud.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support during the time our family was saying goodbye to Aunt May and thanks also for your beautiful comments on the tribute I posted.
Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Mary
Hi Tammy! Sorry to hear about your jacket... Maybe they thought it was a free gift... Our Thanksgiving was so good, even though it is not celebrated here my family and a few friends celebrate it every year! Have a nice week. xoxo
It's be nice to think it was someone that really needed a jacket instead of someone just taking it for the sake of taking it. Sorry. HUG.
I won? Woohoo! I won! :o)
Oh dear, what a shame that someone stole your jacket:-( I just can't understand people who think they can just take what doesn't belong to them. It happened to my son Shawn one year...he was at a restaurant/bar and had put his leather jacket on the back of his chair to play a game of pool. When he went back to his table, his jacket was gone. Grrrrr....
Sounds like you had a fun Thanksgiving and I love all the traditions you have:-) Sometimes not having to host a big meal is a good thing! lol
Congratulations to your giveaway winner:-) xoxo
Bummer about the jacket! That's so sad! Makes me glad I stayed home...
Three cheers for Miss Piggy!
I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving... except for your black jacket! BUMMER!
Have a great week!
isn't that just the pits when you lose something that is important to you... especially while doing something that isn't so important.
I'm sorry!
Aww, I'm so sorry about your jacket! That's never fun when those things happen; yes just things but I'm always sorry too when it has sentimental meaning.
Sounds like a great Thanksgiving!
Need my addy? :o)
thislittlepiggy65-at-yahoo-dot-com
Shoot, I hate to lose things! Sorry your lost your jacket, especially since it was a gift from your husband. Oh well.
Happy belated Thanksgiving Tammy. Maybe your DH will replace your lost coat for you at Christmas?
Hugs, e-Mom :~D
So, is the game a fun one? I'm always looking for something fun to do with the kids when they are home.
Hopefully whoever took the coat really needed it worse than you did. It's a sad thing and a sick world.
Sorry to hear about your jacket....but..i like how you said it is just a "thing" better to lose a thing than a child! Glad you had an awesome THanksgiving.
I had a dreaded feeling what you were leading up to about your jacket. So sorry, especially where you hubby bought it for you. Maybe you will get another one this year for Christmas! (Hint, hint, Hubby!)
So glad that you had such a nice time on Thanksgiving! No matter how crowded we are we all love being together. That game sounds like fun.
Congrats to Miss Piggy!!
I hope you're feeling better. I remember when my purse was stolen from my car - I felt so violated, had to change the locks in the house because they had all of my info at their disposal.
Post a Comment