
Today, I'm sharing a very exciting Show and Tell...at least it is for me and my family!
See this magazine....
It's called Home School Enrichment and it is a wonderful source for home school families across the country.Last fall, discouraged with the long novel that I couldn't seem to finish, I decided to stretch myself a bit and try submitting an article to a magazine. This magazine. And they accepted it!
On Tuesday, I reached with trembling hands and pulled this very copy out of the mailbox...
I honestly could scarcely breath, since I had never had anything published before...my heart was beating a mile a minute as I took it into my hands.And at first, I was afraid that my article hadn't been published after all...but then the dawning came.They had changed the title slightly!
But nevertheless there it was...In fact, it took me a while for it to sink in, but my article was the feature article, "Learning from the Journey" blaring on the cover....wow.
I honestly had a hard time grasping that, since I wasn't advised on the final outcome or layout.
And speaking of layout, here's a glimpse of the first couple pages...
(This is just the first part of the article...another two pages follow!)I have written stories since the time I could hold a pen and to finally see my name in print is such an amazing thing.
My little girls were so excited, too...and it was so gratifying to see the them proud of their mommy for a personal achievement! Since they both like to write and make up stories, maybe this will inspire them even more to keep writing though their lives!
Thank you for allowing me to share this special moment in my life this week.
For more Show and Tells, visit Kelli and There is No Place Like Home.
Blessings!








40 comments:
That's awesome Tammy! Congrats!
Thanks for sharing.
Debbie
Wow! THAT is so cool! :-) Congratulations!!!
Mrs. H. :-)
Hello. Congratulations! We homeschool, and I have never seen that magazine! I would love to read your article!!
Oh Tammy, I'm so proud of you! That's wonderful! I am familiar with the magazine, but I don't get a subscription. I'm going to have to find this issue so I can read your article! That has to be SO exciting! I would love to be published one day too!
Hugs,
Tammy (the-one-who-hasn't-been-published) :)
Congradulations! Writing is a gift and it's really great that they published your article. Give yourself a pat on the back!
Brenda
Oh Tammy, that is great news!!! God bless your work, I am so happy for you!!! xoxoxo
Oh Tammy, how exciting!!! What a wonderful accomplishment! Congrats to you!
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your special time with us. That is truly a wonderful achievement!
That is wonderful Tammy. So happy for you. I can only imagine the joy that must be.
Susan
WooHoo! That's awesome, Tammy! :o)
I'm sitting amidst a celebrity's home right now!!! I feel quite privileged. Congratulations.
My show n tell is offered for viewing, won't you stop by sometime today and keep me company?
Have a terrific Friday and wonderful weekend.
This is so great! You must feel so proud of this achievement. Congratulations. I also have been writing since I was about 5 and love to write. It is always nice to hear about someones success.
Becca
Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com
Awesome! So excited for you and how special to be able to show your children.
Keep writing!
Congratulations on the publication. I hope there are many more.
Teresa
Oh Tammy! Congratulations! I am sooo happy for you!
Congratulations!
That is truly wonderful!
What a blessing! Congratulations!!!
Tammy - I am so delighted for you!! What a thrill to see your article published. I'm proud of you for taking the risk and for the great job you did.
Congratulations!!
Hi, Mommy!
Wow! This is so exciting that you got your article published in the magazine! I can't wait for Nammy to see!
Love you!
Love, you know who...:)=D
How exciting. Congratulations!
That's soo wonderful, congratulations!!!
You're PUBLISHED! How wonderful! You must be so proud. Thanks for sharing. Happy Show and Tell Friday. Here's mine.
http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/
How exciting for you!! Congratulatons!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful news!
Oh Tammy, how absolutely awesome to have your article published in that magazine!!!!I'm SO proud of you, my friend. No doubt about it, your girls will definitely be inspired by this and I'm sure that they will have their own articles published one day:-) xoxo
Tammy,
Congratulations...and what a valuable lesson you are teaching your children as well...never give up on your dreams!
Way to Go!!!!
Susie
That is great Tammy. Good for you. Is there any way to read your article besides subscribing? I clicked on the link but couldn't get the article.
Blessings,
Linda
That is so wonderful - congratulations!! That would be such a rush to see your name in a publication!
Congratulations! That is such a cool accomplishment!! I bet the kiddos are very proud of mom!
Linda C
Whoohoo, and well done Tammy! That's just awesome. You go girl!!!
Congratulations, Tammy! That is truly wonderful. I have submitted to a couple of magazines, so I can imagine how it must feel to see your name in print!
Mandy
This is sooo exciting! Congrats Congrats Congrats! I can't imagine how fun it must have been to realize your's was the featured article!
P.S. Sorry we've been bad about writing your little one back. I think Corinn can do it this weekend. We have so much going on over here. Many decisions about my husbands future!
P.S.S. I wanted to make sure I mentioned that if you ever want to go on a trip east as you mentioned before, we'd be happy to host you along your journey!!! Seriously we'd all be thrilled to meet you and your family! So please know you always have a place to stop in Chicago:)!
Congratulations.
I think we should all get autographed copies! (:
This is such exciting news, Tammy! Congratulations!
~Kelli
It was wonderful to be able to read your article & I am very proud of the fact that you are using the talent that the Lod gave you. I do want a copy of the magazine if you can order me one.
Tammy,
Congratulations on the publishing of your 1st baby. Yes, it's very similar to childbirth. You create it, you mould it, you shed tears over it and then, when it's finally published, you celebrate it.
I well remember the first time I saw my name in print. It is a feeling of euphoria that words can't describe. I'm so glad you were able to experience it.
First novels are another ball of wax. I'm still working on mine and have been since 1992. I've set it aside several times and it still isn't going the way I'd like it to. I am thinking of shelving it once more and attempting another. At present, I am taking a children's writing course. My next goal--to become a published children's author.
Continue to submit things to various publications and don't take rejection personally. There are dozens of factors that editors take into consideration when you submit.
Dream and continue to dream. Set your next writing goal and go for it. You now have one writing credit to your name and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Blessings,
Mary
awesome job, Tammy! i'll have to go out and find that magazine. we are in our 10th year of homeschooling here. i am proud of your accomplishment, what an awesome, awesome thing to happen with your homeschooling. i bet your children are proud of you. who wouldn't be? thanks for sharing and thanks for letting me know about the magazine.
There is always room at The Shadow of the Cross. Feel free to visit anytime.
WWWOOOOHHHOOOO!!! Congratulations!!! So many talented writers are never noticed, it is sad, enjoy your shout out!!!
Congrats! That is really some accomplishment! I hope you publish many more too.
CONGRATULATIONS Tammy. I'm so glad you alerted me to the fact of this worthy news. A great accomplishment, my friend.
I'm sorry I haven't been over to visit, it's not just you. I don't get much time for blog reading these days, but know I'm here, ok? Sometimes I just pop in and don't comment :)
I'm so happy for you :) Love, S
AWESOME!! Isn't it the best to be published? You have worked so hard and it is paying off. Sending big congratulatory hugs your way!
:-) susan
Post a Comment