Above is the only one member of our family not feeling sick or tired this past week. If only I could package this energy... she obviously has a taste of spring fever...(or just plain puppy-itus.)
************************************************************
The first day of Spring? Can it be so?
Well, there's a few signs in the air, as well as on the calendar.
For one, the tulips (my favorite flower) which we planted a few years ago are just starting to open their sweet little buds...

And the bush I posted about a few weeks ago is now completely bursting forth with those pretty little Camellias... while our winter wood pile is just about depleted.

Oh...and in Bloggityville, there's another little sign...
I'll be participating in this fun reading challenge, which begins today! Katrina at Callapidder Days is hosting another reading challenge, so go take a peek.But I won't be able to post my list until next time...so stay tuned!
So spring has indeed sprung...(unless you're one of my friends up north, still buried in a mountain of white!)
*************************************************************
And here's just a quick update on our "doin's"...
Both of my girls have been sick with some sort of cold bug since last week...first my oldest caught it and seemed to have the worst of it all. However, my youngest- poor Lil Cherub- had a horrible night last night (and therefore, so did I, of course!) with an earache. I took her to the doctor this morning to find out she has a double ear infection! She has never been prone to these things at all...I think this is her second ear infection in almost five years.
And aren't you all glad that they make antibiotics in a charming shade of princess pink these days?
They're both on the mend, so oldest Sweetiegirl was able to make her little performance for her last day of acting class. Hubby came straight after work to see the show.
Look out, Broadway...here comes the 1st through 3rd graders in "Mystery of the Forest"!
My child gave a stellar performance as one of the girls lost in the forest. And in all seriousness, we were pretty proud when our normally shy little girl bounced onto the scene on cue and said all of her lines without help, complete with animated voice! (Not that I'm bias or anything...)
So...now I must excuse myself. Oldest daughter is gone to Awana with her daddy and I'm staying home with the little antibiotic princess and have promised to sit with her while she watches 3-2-1 Penguins.She and I are both kind of going on "fumes" this evening...in fact, with our mutual lack of sleep, I'm surprised we're each as chipper as we are!
Must be Spring....
Edited to add the following...
I'm so excited to find out I was the winner of Pea's "One World- One HeART" give-away!!! I was late finding out, because of day I just described...Thank you, Pea!
Also, my mom (the recent 80 year old birthday girl!) just wrote a wonderful story about her own first car, after reading mine about Dad. Go check it out!
Now...after doing some school work with the girls, I'm off to read your posts...
Blessings!








22 comments:
Hope all are feeling well soon so they can enjoy the weather.
Oh dear. Hoping your all feeling better quickly! Tulips are my favorite flower too, along with peonies. Both spring flowers.
I just had to come back and edit...because in my haste to join Lil Cherub in her movie, I hit publish before I was quite through!
And I've never posted a dropshot movie before...hopefully, you all can see it OK from your end. ;)
I'll be visiting you all soon!
I am glad your little ones are on the mend, I hope it's a speedy recovery! All the colors of those flowers are gorgeous, Happy Spring!
I was so sorry to hear that my youngest little grandchild had an ear infection & I can't wait to see the movie of the acting performance which I'm sure you recorded with your new camera.
You're the only one who visited my blog where I wrote about my first car, a follow up of your stories about your dad 's adventures with cars. I sure enjoyed those pictures of him.
Your puppy still behaves like a pup, but he's grown so large! What a fun video. I clicked through and saw that Katrina's Reading Challenge Mister Linky is filling up fast. I'm tempted to jump in too.
How wonderful that your oldest daughter is attending Awana with her Dad! And it's so much fun when our kids shine on stage. They really make us proud. :~)
Now that's a puppy full of energy for sure! lol I'm so sorry to hear that the girls have been sick...hopefully they'll both be 100% soon and you'll have caught up on your sleep!! Our snow is finally melting but my flowerbeds still have snow on them so I can't tell if any Spring flowers are starting to come up yet! Tammy,I have a surprise waiting for you on my blog..make sure you read my Wednesday post! hehe xoxo
I don't know where to start... Hmm... First, let me say that I am praying you are all soon feeling better! :o)
Happy spring! Puppy is the cutest! Who's playing the piano? Sweetiegirl looks so "dramatic"! The flowers are so pretty! Did you enjoy the movie? And have fun with the reading challenge! *Hugs-a-bunch*
(Em and I just got The Long, Long Trailer and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers both on dvd! *Woot*)
Hmmm. That looks like a lab puppy near plastic chairs. Wonderful chew toys!
Our ground is still completely encased in ice encrusted snow. We're going to REALLY appreciate Spring if and when it ever gets here!
Glad your girly was well enough to act in the play. She looks adorable!
Cute puppy! Get better soon.
I LOVE that photo of your little actress - she's SO cute!
I'm sorry you're not feeling well. And I cracked up at the "antibiotic princess" name. We've had quite a few of those here over the years!
Love the camellias this time of year. So pretty!
Hope you all get to feeling better, and yes I too am glad spring is on the way...
Lisa...I almost wrote about that in the post, but didn't...it's seven yr old Sweetie girl playing the piano. I've been meaning to give her lessons but then we lost her piano book...meanwhile, she's been playing by ear! :)
Wow I missed the puppy video the first time. It didn't play the best on my computer & it still doesn't play sound. I miss the girls voices which your dear hubby installed on it originally. I have tried pushing different buttons trying to get it back.
You dog sure does have a lot of energy! Tulips are my favorite flowers too because of the Welcome To Holland poem from Emily Pearl Kingsely :)
Congrats on winning Pea's giveaway - how exciting for you!
Hope everyone is feeling better!
I'm sorry the girls aren't feeling well. Antibiotics are indeed something to be thankful for - and pink - that's a double blessing!
I love your pictures of your flowers. I can't imagine a world without flowers.
Your daughter looks like she's doing a great acting job. Isn't it fun to go to those programs? I just love it.
Take care. Praying you all get a good night's sleep tonight.
Hope you're feeling better! Glad to tulips are coming out. Ours are too.
Chapter 4 of Kev's and my stories are FINALLY up.
Hope everyone feels better real soon...the puppy is adorable!!
Have a great day.
:-) Susan
Hope you are all on the mend.
I LOVE tulips! Yours are gorgeous.
And the picture of your daughter is precious.
I hope that since I've been away a few days you're all on the mend!!
What fun pictures and how proud you must have been! Congratulations on winning Pea's prize!!
((hugs))
Lucky you. No kidnapped camera. I love the flowers. Hope everyone is feeling better soon.
In Portland, OR this weekend... and the Camelia city was a'bloom. BUT, the rain made them all look sad and droopy.
Post a Comment