Both of my little girls love going to church...and love Jesus.
But my youngest who is five, from a very early age, has displayed an unusally tender heart towards the things of God.
She insisted on asking Jesus into her heart when she was three. Some may doubt the reality of her conversion at such a young age, but I have seen the evidence that Christ is dwelling in her little heart.
Yes, she will grow in her understanding over the years...come to other moments in her young adult life when she will hopefully commit her life completely to Him.
But nevertheless, when she asked Him, He honored her request.
No, she is not a perfect child, believe me. But sometimes her tender and pure heart actually inspire me in my own daily walk. Funny, how sometimes we think we are training our children, and God will use them to teach us along the way.
Here are a few examples of how I've seen God manifesting Himself in her very young life...
A few months ago, she was in the bathroom, singing. As I strained to hear which song it might be, I realized she was making up a little song and singing it to God!
All about how she loved Him and thanking Him for being with her when she went to sleep at night. My heart melted...and I was in awe.
Whenever someone in our family isn't feeling well, she will always come over at some point and just start praying for us.
In the last few weeks, she has asked me more questions about God...and the other night was mentioning something about God, and then added,
"Sometimes I just think about Jesus a lot, because I love Him so much!"
This weekend, the girls had earned a tiny amount of change doing some extra little chores, and my oldest said something about how much would be the right amount of it to give to the Lord at Sunday School. My youngest was listening, and immediately started counting out some change for the Lord, too.
And a few minutes later, she presented me with a card she had made....for Jesus. She had written in by herself, drawn a picture of herself with Jesus, and had taped a couple coins into the inside page.
Today she took the card to Sunday School, but I told her that after we showed the card to her teacher and she gave the money, we could keep the card here, since Jesus can see and enjoy it here, just as well! Because, here at home it can be not only a keepsake, but a precious reminder.
(Look closely...she is running to Jesus and exclaiming His name as He embraces her.)

As adults, our spiritual lives can become hampered by responsibilities and by our own tendencies to just make everything more complicated than it needs to be.
At least that is the way it is with me.
But the Lord is showing me-through my child- that, more than anything, He just wants our hearts. He just wants us to love and trust Him...and to listen for His voice in our every day lives...and He loves it when we start singing to Him in the middle of the day- just because we're glad He is with us, always.
But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14








28 comments:
This is so precious. No doubt her little heart is filled with Jesus and she has come to know him at a young and tender age. You are right, as she grows she will only learn more and fall even more in love with her Savior.
Thanks for sharing such a heart touching part of your daughter's life. As a mom you will remember this for much longer than she will. It will stay in your heart forever.
I am in awe as I'm sure you are too over the love of the Lord my precious granddaughter is showing at such a young age. The Lord must have something special in mind for her. May they both always keep this closeness to Him as they grow & mature. How true is the saying "And a little child shall lead them"
I came over from Carolanne's blog. This is beautiful, Jesus has really touched your daughter's heart. It is through our children that God speaks to us so much isn't it? Touching us, slowing us down, melting our hearts. I have a Miss 4 and she is growing to love Jesus more and I could relate to what you were feeling here. I have a boy aged 6.5 years too and I love to see him singing with gusto songs about God and faith. Thanks for sharing this, it's beautiful.
That little one just preached the best sermon I have heard all year. What a dear, sweet heart for the Love of her life. Thank you Tammy, for sharing this with us. I for one, needed that humble reminder of Who loves me more than anyone; and in turn, Who I should love more than anyone.
How sweet. Thanks for sharing!!!! I'm glad you kept the drawing, after showing it to her SS teacher. This was she will have it for a reminder when she is older.
Susan
We talked about this at church this weekend, and it's so true. It's so sweet to see in kids, especially your own.
I love the pure faith of little children. Your daughter sounds like a darling girl!
Absolutely precious, Tammy. I think chilren have a much better grasp of loving Jesus purely and innocently than what we give them credit for. Your girl's outward show of loving Jesus is just beautiful.
P.s. I've given you an award. Come on over and pick it up.
What a beautiful card she made! I would want to keep that in the house for a reminder as well. I definitely say she has Jesus in her heart!
:o)
And a little child shall lead them. I love it! I think she and Care Bear are a lot alike.
I've told you before that I asked Jesus into my heart at 3 and He's always been there!
Sweet little children can teach us a lot, can't they. Very precious.
This post was such an inspiration to me, so it was a real blessing when my son talked about how much he loved God this morning. I thought straight away of your post. Doesn't it make your heart so glad and thankful? :-)
Isn't that sweet?? I love it when a little one displays exactly what we need to be when it comes to our faith.
Blessings.
:-) Susan
Oh what a precious girl! I know as her (and her sister's) momma that you are so proud. Seems you've had quite the busy week! I have to admit that the premiere of High School Musical 2 was a big ordeal at our house too. We moved in that day, but we had the tv set up in time, and it is still recorded on my DVR:) Who said adults can't enjoy wholesome kid movies!
Oh Tammy, what a precious story. I love how Jesus lives in and shines through these tender little children. I do believe that He is real to children as young as three.
Tammy, this might be the sweetest post I've ever read. I'm not a cryer, but I'm close to choking up. This is just the most precious, sweet memory for you. May she always know that she was drawn to Jesus even as a tiny girl; he has a special calling for her!
how sweet ! May God always be first in her life
This is so precious! And the picture is wonderful. I am glad you decided to keep it.
Thank you for sharing that sotry. How sweet it is to see your child growing in her love of the Lord. What a blessed child she is to have learned about that love through you!
This'n made me cry!
I can SO identify. My girls, especially Girly-Girl are also very tender towards their Savior.
That is so true! What a sweet card too!
This is so wonderful, Tammy! The pictures she drew are precious.
Kelli
Wow ! I came to visit through Karen's blog ... I loved this post and when I have some more time I will be back to read some more !! What a special girl you have ! Isn't it neat the way God uses our kids to teach us ? I have learned so much in the almost 6 years since I became a mother !!
What an awesome lesson. We should have the faith of a child and then LIVE it. What a precious little girl you have there.
And I was wondering if there is anything specific you need/want for homeschooling. Let me know. If I have it I will share!
Tammy - You are tied securely to your balloon!!!!
Susan
Wow, Tammy. Your little girl really does possess the kingdom of heaven. What an example to us! XO
What a blessing! Thank you for this beautiful story, my boy just told me the other day he was talking to Jesus thanking him for his sacrifice.
Post a Comment