~Snippets of Life~
Eight year old observation of the month:
While driving the other day, it was raining ever so slightly and we passed a high school girls' soccer game in progress.
Me: Oh, look...there's a girls' soccer game going on, even in the rain.
8 yr old Sweetie girl: That's something, seeing that they are girls!
Me: Oh, now...when it comes to rain, I think we girls may be as tough as boys...
8 yr old Sweetie-girl: Yes, but I think that when girls play, they think about the game- and the rain.
When boys play, they just think about the game.
(How does she know these things?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are in the midst of Vacation Bible School this week and tomorrow there isn't a rain drop in sight- it's supposed to be 91 degrees! But no pool for us... our dog deflated it. I know...very sad. But I'm actually surprised it took her three weeks to do so, seeing that she is left outside in the backyard on nice days.
Get out the sprinkler, you say? Um...no. She ate the hose, too.
Well, bit in half, anyway.
She's in the dog house both figuratively and literally, since my husband in in the process of actually building her one. When my five year old suggested he build it with a door so she couldn't get out, I didn't like that gleam in his eye...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And one last thing...if you enjoy old movies, hop on over to my classic movie blog (located on my sidebar) and join the party. I finally posted again, but this time, I decided to find out what some of your favorite oldies are!
I'm serving popcorn with lots of butter...so come on over and join us! (And bonus points if you know the answer to my movie question!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kind of a different post this time, I know! And for now, I'm off to bed...
(And it's August! Can you believe it?)
I am a little behind (again) with some of your posts and hope to catch up very soon!
Until then, God bless!
Wednesday, August 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








25 comments:
Oh, Tammy, I enjoyed your snippets!
Your daughter sure is clever...and perhaps somewhat of a sociologist, too.
We're expecting weather in the 90s here on the East coast, too.
...heading over to your movie blog now...
XO
We've had a very cool summer so far for Tulsa but now we are beginning to get into our hot, humid weather.
Susan
My you've been busy! :o)
Heading over to your movie blog... Pass the popcorn please! Crunch!
Lisa. Back on blogspot. ;o)
Your daughter is very wise! I hope you can find some way to cool off that the dog didn't destroy! :)
She's very wise!
VBS week can be very long, hope y'all get cooled off.
Very observant of your girl! ;v)
It's finally a cool night last night around here. The first in weeks. It felt so good to get a breeze through the house. But today it's back to hot, hot, hot.
What an observant 8 yr old! We aren't having the high temps yet, but it's supposed to warm up over the weekend. That dog has bitten a hole in the girls summer fun!!
OK, off to your movie blog to have some buttered popcorn at 7 am!!
xo
Your snippets are always fun!
Thanks for all your encouraging words!!
Your snippets are fun to read. I love the 8-year-old logic!
We girls are just born knowing those things!!
Hope VBS is going well.
I'm sorry the dog is so frisky!! They do make life interesting.
Have a great week Tammy!
I'm glad that Mandy is getting a dog house. I know Sandy spends a lot of time in his. Yesterday, I had my cleaning friend cut a letover carpet runner from this old carpeting into pads for Sandy's dog house, since the old pads I had in there are so filthy. He enjoyed sleeping on the new ones, I'm sure, & went into his house, immmediatly after she put one there. How big is Mandy's dog house& where are you putting it? Sorry about the pool & other fun water things.
What a true statement...your girl isn't just sweet, she's smart too!
I'm going to check out your movie blog. No butter on my popcorn though. Oh, and I love M&Ms with my popcorn :-)
Hugs!
Kat
She is very insightful!!!
I love random posts - and have another one planned soon. Love the observations on girls/boys. Cute!
Now that's a very smart little girl! hehe Love it! Oh dear, the dog sure is pushing her luck isn't she!! Hopefully it won't be too much longer before she settles down or else there WILL be a door to her dog house! lol It's been so hot here since yesterday, 103F with the humidity! We just aren't used to these kinds of temps here in Northern Ontario!!! xoxo
Hi! Thanks for stopping by my place today. It's nice to meet you. Your daughter is one smart cookie! I love that age so much. We have Awana at our church which is sorta like a christian boys and girls scouts. Anyway I am head of the 3rd and 4th grade girls and I can't imagine being anywhere else. Looking forward to the new year starting in Septemeber!
I read some of your favorite movies and we have alot in common! While You Were Sleeping is one I can watch over and over again. And we sure have had fun with the High School Musical too! We as a family enjoy being really goofy together, especially during chores. Makes them go alot faster!
Well, as you can see I tend to "talk" alot so I don't want to wear out my welcome! Stop by anytime and I'll bring the Milk Duds for the popcorn when we watch a movie.
Oh your daughter is precious. That was a great observation. I'm heading over to the movie blog to get some popcorn.
What a fun read! And I'm laughing about your dog! Sorry about the pool, though!
The pool AND the hose?
Oh. *sigh* I thought maybe you would escape the tortures of...of...owning a canine. I'm not one to say...well, you know...but I did.
Maybe he'll grow out of it.
Maybe Mr. Dog needs a friend to play with, well then you'd have two dogs chewing things. Sigh...
It was soooooooo hot for our VBS too! The kids don't seem to mind it but the adults sure do. We made a big water slide down the side of the lawn one night and the kids LOVED it. It's always our biggest night for attendance.
Your daughter is smart!!!
Near 100* and humidity off the scales here, dry with no rain in sight. Ick!
I envy you the new carpet. Our landlord is so tight he squeaks when he walks: Our carpet is 27 years old.
Now to check out your movie blog. :-)
Love and hugs,
Diane
Mandy, right? Oh my, she ruined your pool? Have you tried those repair patches? I'm trying to picture her in a doghouse with a door that's locked on the outside. LOL
Nice Tammy, this girl is a thinker! My kids attended VBS a couple of weekes ago and they had a blast. Even though it is not Summer here, I guess VBS follows your schedule, the weather was so nice!
Hi Tammy,
I'm back to blogging when I can. I thought if I closed down for a little while, then I could get some things handled around here, but I missed everyone, and things slowed down, so I started back! LOL!
I've been gone a few days, so I'll try to catch up with your posts this week-end.
Blessings and hugs!
Karen
Hey Tammie - fun post here . . . your girl is a smart one! Sorry to hear your dog 'bout ruined your opportunities to be cool this summer. And I love While You Were Sleeping. I'll never forget, I saw it with my mom on the night of what would have been my wedding had I not broken off the engagement (am happily married now to someone else.) Anyways she took me to get my mind off things . . .not exactly a good movie for that but we cried a bunch and still love that movie!!!
Post a Comment