
I didn't mean to take a whole week long blogging break...but if you're like me, things can get a little busy at this time! I hope each of you had a very blessed Christmas!
We truly did.
But let me go back to Sunday afternoon, when the four of us attended the Oregon Ballet for The Nutcracker!
My husband and I went to the very same Nutcracker production fourteen years ago (wow...was it really that long?) when we were first dating.
What a joy to be able to take our daughters this year for the first time and see their faces light up as sugar plum fairies danced to the familiar music they already knew and loved.
Before it began, they walked to the front with their daddy to gaze down at the orchestra pit. (Little did my eight year old know that she would actually receive a gently used violin for Christmas!)

The four of us absolutely loved our night on the town.
When I laid my head on the pillow that night, I could almost still hear the music as I drifted off to sleep...just two nights before Christmas...
Christmas Eve we attended an early candlelight service at our church, and then home for carols at the piano and our Advent devotions.
We watched just a bit of the Christmas movies on TV and dined on our traditional Christmas Eve lasagna. (And no, we're not Italian...)
After the kids were in bed, their daddy and I also fell asleep... but woke just in time to sneak around with packages and things just before midnight.
And bright and early, Christmas morning, it was stocking time.
Digging in, exclaiming in excitement though you're still half asleep, and- spreading- the- little- tiny- toys -all -over- the -floor- time.
Because that's what you just do.

In our family, we do the stockings first thing...then eat breakfast and Mommy and Daddy each take a turn in the shower... oh, and Mommy has coffee. Strong coffee.
The girls survive this delay because they have all those stocking trinkets to keep them busy. And after our quick showers and breakfast, it's present time at last!
We've always enjoyed seeing the excitement on their faces at Christmas, but this year the new thing was to scream with excitement.
I think our oldest started this first, but soon they both would literally scream when they'd open an exciting present. It was pretty funny... I was soon tossing them a gift and quickly throwing my hands over my ears...;)
Can I just insert here that I was completely surprised to see that Santa knew to bring them High School Musical toothbrushes. Toothbrushes that literally sing when you brush. I didn't even know they made these.
As long as you keep those toothbrushes moving, Troy and Gabriella will sing to keep that plaque away.
I don't know whether to be a little frightened... or to ask for one for my birthday!
In all seriousness, it was a wonderful Christmas morning. And my 80 year old mom was actually still able to drive the hour to our house, arriving before noon to exchange more gifts with us.
She's been here for three nights and leaves today, and it's been a true blessing to have her here!
And to make things even more special, it honestly started snowing! Huge, beautiful flakes started falling right on Christmas Day!
Christmas snow around here is very rare, so it was very exciting to say the least!
(The picture didn't turn out well, but hopefully you can see a bit of the snow falling...) Christmas afternoon, it was on to my husband's brother and his family's home to open more gifts with those eleven siblings and offspring!
So much fun... but it's no wonder everyone's still recovering a bit from all the festivities!
And now that I'm coming off this little unplanned break, I'll be visiting all of you to find out about your Christmas celebrations. And resting...
And eating the chocolate I got for Christmas...
And thinking about exercising.
Blessings!








30 comments:
Thanks for sharing all of the details of your wonderful, wonderful day. (I can hear the screams of delight!) Merry Christmas Tammy. Hugs, e-Mom :~D
Exercising? EEK
Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts and photos of a Family Doins' Christmas! *Hugs-a-bunch*
The fun and joy just comes right through what you wrote. Christmas is just so fun with little ones. The girls look beautiful! I'm so glad you enjoyed the holy day. Our Christmas was great as well!
Hi Tammy- Sounds like you had a wonderful time at Christmas. We have lasagna on Christmas Eve, too! Yum! I didn't know they made HSM toothbrushes, either, but I think you should put a bug in Santa's ear for one for yourself. I'm so glad you all had the wonderful experience with the ballet. Is your daughter taking violin lessons?
What a wonderful time you had with your kids! Wishing you a great 2008, I am so glad I got to know you through blogging, even though I don't comment often, I read your posts and find them so inspiring. xoxo
What a great Christmas you had - topped off with a bit of snow. We've had more than a bit the last two days. We missed 3-4 storms while we were gone, but it's catching us now.
The thought of exercising has briefly crossed my mind, too. Very briefly. ;v)
Your Christmas looked lovely. How nice that your mom could spend it with you. That makes it even more special.
I was glad that I was able to come up too, & that the snow arrived simultanious to my getting to your house. Going home today it was lots of the other stuff, that I'm not crazy about driving in on the freeways, but like I said my Guardian Angel & a few of his buddies kept me from a near miss today coming home. It was great spending time with the little munchkins & seing their excitement over their presents that I brought. All in all the best thing about Christmas is to remember it's Jesus birthday, & I loved the Nativity Story DVD, I got, as it shows the really arduous trip that was made to Bethlehem.
Tammy, Fun to read about your "Oregon" Christmas!
I'm just rolling from meal to meal ... looking forward to 1/1 myself and getting back on track.
A new violin for your daughter? I bet she loved that! Email me if you want tips on what kind of method/lessons ...
Happy New Year!
Sandy
Wow, by your post and the photos, it looks like your Christmas was pretty wonderful. Mine was too.
Time for exercise for me too. Sigh!
Hugs!
Kat
Sounds lovely. perhaps next year you'll find ear plugs in your stocking!
It sounds like you had a great Christmas! Those toothbrushes sound fun!
Glad you had a wonderful Christmas--we too do the stockings and break for breakfast and showers and then open the presents. We try to stretch things out and make them last!! I am with you on the strong coffee---my husband even bought some extra strong stuff from Starbucks as a present!!
Hi, Tammy I found you on 2nd cup of coffee lindas blog,I love your stroy telling on your christmas Please don't throw your dark chocolate what a crying shame I am crying LOL!!But I understand ..I too have been thinking about exercising but I will wait for the kids to get back in school.marina
oh how fun everything sounds and looks like it was!
Tammy you are not 251 years old LOL!! I read your profile.You silly girl you got me laughing. Yes, I am gald you understand me Christmas is over and I don't want it to be over,my step-grandson and my son who are 15 mos.apart said they want it to be Christmas again!how cute is that!!
Yes, that is my daughter from my frist marriage she is now 25 and married no kids.I was 21 when I had her now I know why they want you to have your babies in your twentys I was walking 2 hours after I had her,I had her naturel it the easiest way to go but the haredest as well.I had her 1982 and back then they didn't give you too much for the pain..my we have come a long way thank God my kids are 18 years apart so talk about starting over I was lucky I would walk after giving bith at 40.At 40 you can't really pop them right out I had a c-section with my son and since I have had a taste of both ways Its better the naturel way. But what am I saying I was 21 back then. anyway didn't mean to make these so long.have a Happy New year!!!marina
You're blessed and it seems you have your priorities in order...family first.
Happy New Year!
Such a sweet Christmas...I know it was a happy one for you all.
You can see the delight on those faces!
I wish you all a warm and wonderful 2008!
Hugs,
Sue
Wow, you guys are so blessed and busy. Glad to know that you have made so many memories for your family this week.
Hugs,
Susan
Lovely! Have a wonderful New Year!
You always seem sublimely happy. I love coming here for the way you describe your family's details.
Happy New Year! Your Christmas sounded wonderful! Blessings to you and your family!
Dearest Tammy,
I've so enjoyed reading all about your Christmas and seeing all the delightful pictures! I can just visualize your girls screaming each time they opened a gift! lol I really miss having young children at Christmas time...I tell my boys that they're no fun any more since they've grown up!! hehe How wonderful that your mom was able to spend a few days with you, bless her heart.
And now it's time to ring in a new year...
New Year is a time for celebration of love, of life, of friendship. It's the time to thank God for wonderful friends, and to bring to their lives as much magic as they bring to ours...so here's celebrating our friendship and praying that its magic continues forever. Happy New Year to you and yours dear Tammy! xoxo
It looks like you had a wonderful holiday with your family!
I wanted to wish you a very Happy New Year!
See ya next year!
Just wanted to say Happy New Year--Be blessed in 2008, and keep posting those lovely posts.
loved reading about your Christmas...made me realize how much I miss having the young children around on Christmas morning.. My boys are 42 and 38 and I have no grandchildren... sooo my house is kinda quiet on Christmas.......... SO I go to my cousins house every Christmas Eve ,, she has 3 daughters, 10 grandchildren 3 sons-in-law... Two sisters... and they have two daughters each and three grandchildren..... Two cousins including myself and their spouses.. A father and a Mother-in-Law... then there is my son and his at the time girl friend... ahahha all in all she has about 39 people on Christmas eve.... Wrapping paper flying, kids crying or talking or eating. what a hoot... soooooooo I go home sometime around midnight and my hubby and I awake on Christmas morning and have a nice quiet cup of coffee and we are thankful that all thirty something people are still at cuz's house.........
Happy New Year from a new friend
WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST FOR THE NEW YEAR! ;)
What a wonderful Christmas you had. So many blessings to be thankful for. I loved the awe struck look in your girl's eyes looking down at the orchestra pit. Happy New Year to you and your family.
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year!! May God bless you and yours richly this year of New Beginnings.
Susan
It sounds just wonderful! My son and his wife took their 2 little ones to the Nutcracker in Houston before they came to MS and said the kids LOVED it! They are 3 and 5.
Girls do scream and mine did even when older.
We kinda do things the same way, stockings first, and I love that. Your girls are so cute Tammy!
I took a blogging break too, had to with all the people here but am getting back to it now I think.
Post a Comment