Tuesday, October 07, 2008

GIVEAWAY is here! (And maybe even a button...)


Edited: First of all, I made a few typing mistakes earlier...hey, I did have a cold and a headache and all!...but as I was correcting those just now, I thought I'd tack on an addendum for the giveaway:
If you mention my giveaway somewhere in a post, and let me know, I will enter your name in twice! Woo! I know, it's not like you'll be winning something huge...say, a gallon of gas or something...;) but if you're like me, I get excited winning almost anything for free!

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on my last post.
(Wow...from 5 to 35 comments...that's quite a jump! But shame on me for even counting...got to stop that!)

And a special thank you to those of you who did show support and interest for an upcoming home school show and tell- or "open house"- and those who even offered to help with a button!

By the way, I would have posted yesterday, but I was down with a cold and one of those really bad headaches that just hung on mercilessly. I'm feeling a bit better today...but let's say that tissues and advils are still my good friends! I guess it's that time of year...sigh.


I was going to take one of the generous offers for help with a button, but I ended up playing around with photoshop- even though I am completely ignorant of all that you can do with this program. (Hmmm, maybe that preceded the headache...) ;)

But I did come up with something...it needs some tweaking, but let me know what you think of it so far...


I was thinking maybe the last Tuesday of each month?


Basically, if you're a home schooler, you could participate by just showing samples of what you've been doing. A special craft or project your child has been working on, or holiday or theme-related work.
If you've just been focusing on school books lately, that's OK, too...just show us your child's favorite workbook!

Or if you have a special place designated for school time, you can show that, as well.

I'm hoping some of you who don't home school will peek in on us, too.

In fact, our dear blogging friend, Mary, from
Mary's Writing Nook has even offered to contribute craft and science (and maybe history?) ideas for us. Thank you, Mary!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And as promised, since next post marks my 350th, I wanted to share a little giveaway!
(Yep, "little" may be the operative word here, but please know that there is much love, even though the prize may not be spectacular.)

I use to be a consultant for Pampered Chef, and still have a few extras items. For my giveaway, I'm offering this little gem...


It's the Medium Scoop, great for measuring out dough, batter, fillings and salads.

It's new and still in the box. gals!
(And if you think you don't need this- even though you really do- just think what a great little Christmas gift it would make for someone!)

Here's all you do to enter:

Tell me in the comments either...

a) your favorite baked item of the fall season...or...

b) your favorite subject when you were in school


Totally unrelated topics, but each related to this post! ;)

By the way, I also will be throwing in a little surprise, too!


Be sure to leave a link where I can reach you, or an e-mail address if you don't have a blog.
You have until this Friday at noon, and then I will be having one of my children pick a name- and I'll annouce it on my next (350th) post!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a more serious subject, most of you know our dear blogging friend, Susie. She posted that her daughter became suddenly and mysteriously ill while teaching last week and is undergoing tests, so please say a prayer for her, if you would.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Have a good rest of the week as you enjoy the splendor of the fall season.


Blessings!

58 comments:

Susanne said...

Cute button. Love the black and white.

Congrats on the 350! I've got both the medium and small scoop, and use them all the time I might add, so don't enter me but congrats.

Dawn said...

I would love to have the little PC scoop - very useful! And cute.

Love the button - good job! It probably did precipitate the headache, though.

My favorite thing to bake in the fall is pumpkin bread.

My favorite subject in school was English - literature and writing, not grammar!

Linda said...

I am in awe of anyone who can do those neat things on their blog. I am terrified mine will go up in a puff of cybersmoke if I dare touch anything! The button looks just perfect.
I hope you have lots of interaction with those posts. I'll be interested to peek in.
My favorite subject in school was English. Still love it!

Carole Burant said...

Well look at that button you made all by yourself...I love it!! I don't think you need to do any tweaking, it looks perfect as it is:-) I love photoshop but am still just learning how to use it too! lol I've never homeschooled but I will indeed find it interesting to read those posts when the time comes.

Oh dear, I guess I passed my cold on to you...I'm over it now but I had to send it somewhere you know! hehe Seriously, I do hope you can get rid of it real soon!!

Ooooh, I've heard how great those Pampered Chef scoops are and I would love to win it!! Please add my name to your drawing:-) xoxo

Carole Burant said...

Oops, forgot to answer one of your questions....my favourite subject in school was History. I loved learning of the past still do:-) xoxo

groovyoldlady said...

A Homeschool bloggy thingy! Yea! The girlies and I would LOVE to show off a bit. I really think the video of us burning Fort Groovy would go over spectacularly...

So keep me posted.

And, what's this? A Giveaway? A PAMPERED CHEF giveaway?

Oh, I am SO in on this one!

My favorite fall baked good just has to be homemade oatmeal bread. Oh...yum!

And my favorite class in school? It was a tie between drama and creative writing.

My shoe size is 8.5 and my DOB is 11/07/63. Anything else you need to know?

Ah. how 'bout my email address:
groovyoldlady (at) roadrunner (dot) com


Feel better soon, K?

Justabeachkat said...

Hi there!

How fun!

My favorite thing to bake for Fall is pumpkin pie (I baked one today) and pumpkin bread. Both put a smile on hubby's face.

Sorry about your cold. I understand. I'm suffering with a cold AND a stomach bug. No fun. Hope you're feeling better.

Hugs!
Kat

Lora Lynn @ Vitafamiliae said...

I LOVE my scoop and am always wishing for another. It's NEVER clean when I need it. I love to bake pumpkin chocolate chip cookies in the fall.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

These will be some fun home school posts. You knew I needed to get out of the decorator loop. :)
I used to sell PC as well....years ago. Now I just sell the yummy food things and make them all with my P.C. stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

Pampered Chef has wonderful products. I'd love to have this medium scoop, Tammy. :~D

My favorite subject in school? Reading of course! (Writing is not very far behind.)

Thanks for your generous giveaway, and congratulations (in advance) on your 350th post! I think I'm pretty close to that number too. Hugs! :~D

Anonymous said...

The homeschool open house sounds great!!

Thanks for letting me know about the giveaway :-)

God bless,
Sallie

Anonymous said...

I think the button is awesome! :o)

Dawn said...

I love scoops... in all sizes!

My favorite fall thing to bake is pumpkin bread... I'm known for it. You know, by anyone who knows me. Ha!

My favorite subject in school was English. I taught English, too. Not that you'd know it by my grammar or punctuation in the blog world, though.

Crittle said...

I love all things pumpkin that come out this time of year, but the thing that I like to make most is carrot cake. It just seems fall-y to me. Maybe it's the colors.

The scoop would come in handy in this house for sure!

Barb said...

You know, I saw this yesterday. I was at your site, got called away by a hungry baby, and never made it back.

I LOVE anything Pampered Chef. So I'd love to be entered for a chance to win this scoop.

Congratulations on 350,Tammy. How nice of you to host a giveaway to celebrate it!

Unknown said...

I love the black and white picture. My favorite subject was English.I have and love using the scoops ") I hope your cold is better. Have a great day. Hugs. Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like your button. And the idea. Maybe I should download photoshop. I had it years ago but didn't use it then, much.

My favorite subject in school was History and I still love learning about it. I recently read the fiction novel: Evergreen by Belvia Plain. There was so much history in that book and I learned so much while enjoying a good story.

I have the large scoop and my favorite way to use it is for ice cream. So, I'd love to win this and any other PC thing you might throw in with it.
Mama Bear

Anonymous said...

Hi, Tammy! I hope you don't fall out of your seat. Your non-blogging but faithful blog reader friend is actually leaving a comment!!! Your giveaway got me.

Favorite fall baked good...Anything pumpkin... bread, scones, cookies...I did have an extraordinary pumpkin cake this last weekend...I'm going to try replicating it here sometime soon.

Favorite subject in school...English. I loved (and still do) all things reading and writing.

I hope that you do the homeschool posts. I would love to read about what you're doing.

Feel better soon!
M.

Kelli said...

Congratulations on your blogging anniversary, Tammy! My favorite fall treat is apple crisp. :0)
~Kelli

Susie said...

Dear Tammy,
First let me say thank you for mentioning my sweet daughter in your post. Prayers have been answered and she's doing so much better!
I love your new little button. I wouldn't have a clue on how to make one though.
Congratulations on 350 posts. I'd love to be entered in your giveaway.
In high school, my favorite subjects were English and Home Ec.
Hope your cold is gone quickly!
xoxo

Michelle said...

I have the small scoop and could use that medium one as well :) My favorite fall baked item is a warm apple crisp with vanilla ice cream of course!

I know a few bloggers who are doing giveaways and I plan on doing a post rounding them up so I'll include yours as well!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Let's see...my favorite thing to bake in the fall is anything pumpkin. Right now I'm baking a really good low cal/carb pumpkin custard almost everyday.

Manuela

Anonymous said...

350 - WoW! Good for you!!! Okay, my favorite food of the season, PUMPKIN!!! Custard, pie, fudge, icecream, all things pumpkin.

Favorite subject??? Each year was different, but if it had a good book involved, then I'd have enjoyed it. :)

Thanks for popping by and saying hi. We have all the big things done now for selling the house. I have some stairs to paint, my husband has a couple screens to repair and we have to reorganize the garage ('cause we made a big mess while working on the big stuff). Yeah. We sign the initial paperwork tonight and the sign goes up tomorrow. :0)

Mary said...

Wow! You did a great job on that button. It looks great. I'd leave it just as it is.

I will be glad to make suggestions for crafts, lessons or anything else I can help with. I just got back and haven't checked my yahoo mail yet, but will either tonight or early in the morning.

Congratulations on 350 posts. My favorite fall food has to be pumpkin pie or apple crisp. They are both delicious. I just use Splenda in place of the sugar.

Take care and be sure to let me know what science and history subjects you are learning.

Blessings,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy, I gave you your own post on my blog. My readership is not large, but perhaps a couple people will pop over and get to know you.

Linda said...

Congrats on the 350th post. Please include me in your fun give-away.
I've made a vow that I'm going to have a Pumpkin Latte this weekend...I heard they are so delish...Hugs, Linda

p.s. your button is so cool!

Wanda said...

WoW! Cute button! Impressive!

I love Pampered Chef.....and I don't have that scoop.

I am the baking queen.....cookies, pies, cakes.....and I love the fall foods.

Making yummy stuff this weekend!

Mommy said...

The homeschool open house sounds really fun! I would love to participate!

And please count me in on the cookie scoop. I *really* need one. ;-) ;-)

For someone who doesn't know much a about photo shop you did an awesome job! I know a *teny* bit. My husband taught me how to use it.

My favorite baked thing in autumn? Hmmmm. Let's see... I like anything baked, lol! But I would have to say that all of the Thanksgiving foods like Sweet Potatoe Cassarole, and Corn Cassarole, and cresant rolls are things that I love. :)

Nancy said...

Okay, count me in, I want to win that scoop. I love kitchen gadgets.

I love the linky, it reminds me of my school days. I may stop in from time to time. I have many "tricks of the trade" left in my teacher bag and I would love to share. I've taught all grades from preschool through 9th grade but most of my 32 years was spent in Kindergarten. I admire anyone that can homeschool.

gail@more than a song said...

How fun that you used to be a consultant for pampered chef! Love their stuff.
We like apple pie or apple crisp around here! And most anything pumpkin.

Momma Roar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Momma Roar said...

My favorite class - PE of course!! It is what I went to school for and taught for 5 years before starting a family!! :-D

I love your idea of the Open House - I think I may be willing to give it a try - even though it is my hope to do it more regularly on my blog to someday have as a scrapbook!

Love, love, love the scoops - they make the Stuffed Manicotti Shells recipe on the back of the San Georgia shell box SUPER EASY!!! And so great for cookies!! Especially those you fill to make sandwiches - 'cause they all the cookies turn out the same size - yippee!!

Fun ideas, my friend!!!!

If you need help with getting the code for the button, let me know!!

Faith said...

How fun! thanks for stopping by my blog.
Ok, I'll answer both questions!

My favorite autumn baking item is my mom's recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate chip bread. it is a family treat on a chilly day after school and goes great with hot cocoa, cold milk or a steaming mug of tea or coffee. It also makes a great, quick breakfast!

my favorite subject in high school was Musical Theatre/Literature.

Midlife Mom said...

That is such a cute button! I don't homeschool but I am going to give your site to a friend at church that home schools their 8 children! She is so organized I can't believe it!

Great give away, Pampered Chef stuff is soooooo good! My favorite thing to cook in the fall is pumpkin pie with whipped cream! Yum!

Jill said...

Happy 350! Ain't blogging fun???? Thanks for entering me!

Darlene said...

Congratulations on 350...wow!!! I would love to enter the giveaway and my favorite thing to bake in the Fall is pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread or really pumpkin anything...YUMMY!!

Just Mom said...

Congratulations on 350 posts.

Those scoops are wonderful. I have a small one I use for cookie dough. A medium-sized one would be nice.

As for favorite subject in school, it was English. Still is.

Mom24 said...

Congratulations. I would love to have a scoop. My favorite fall treat is an apple crisp. Mom24.4evermom.blogspot.com

Our Story: Continued said...

How fun! My favorite subject in school was history. I still love history! :)

Totallyscrappy said...

Wow... 350 posts.
I would love a Pampered Chef cookie scoop for making cookies. Maybe even some yummy fall pumpkin cookies!

Finding Normal said...

Love the scooper! Congrats on 350!
My favorite fall baked good is apple crisp with ice cream. YUM!
My favorite subject when I was in school was reading. Now that I teach, it's math.

Ruth said...

I've had the same thing, a cold & a headache, & we live over 40 miles apart so didn't catch it from each other. Congrats on the 350 posts. I have a tiny scoop I got from you from PChef & used it to take the seeds out of an acorn squash today. My favorite fall dish is pumpkin pie & my favorit subject was Reading & my other love was History. What kind of a button? i must have missed something

Amy said...

My favorite subject was biology...until I got into college and decided I couldn't stand it and had to change my major. (Or maybe it was the professor I couldn't stand...)

Thanks for the great giveaway. I've always been wanting to buy one of these!

Living Life Happy said...

My favorite Fall Baked item? Turkey with stuffing. That is such a wonderful smell and taste!!

www.melodyanddoug.blogspot.com

I loveeeeeeeeeee Pampered Chef. I do not have this item, and would use it a lot!!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Tammy,

I tried my best last night to leave a comment and my computer (or service rather) kept knocking me offline!

I love your giveaway and I don't have that from Pampered Chef, so I need it! Pick me!

I love the black and white button to be used...tell me how does it work when it's time to participat?e!

Congratulations on that 350th post...that's quite an accomplishment..I tell ya!

Well have a great weekend, Tammy!

Your friend,
The other Tammy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Ooops..I forgot to tell you...my favorite subject by far was all the Language Arts...literature, writing, spelling, grammar...all of it! I still love all of that now!

Tammy

our shabby cottage said...

Oh, I just have to enter this giveaway!!! Thanks for popping by my blog and leaving a comment - without a comment I would never have found you!!! My favourite subject at school was, surprise, Art! I loved it and my teacher was pretty good too! Kathryn.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Thanks for stopping by :) What a great giveaway - my favourite fall food is pumpkin soup, and my favourite subject at school was English Literature.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

WOW 350 posts!! Congratulations!! I own that scoop and the small one too so no need to enter me either but I wanted to stop by anyway and say Hi and thank you for leaving such a sweet comment on my blog!

Karen said...

Hey Tammy! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'd love to be entered, and congratulations! Pampered Chef makes some of the BEST utensils. All the ones I bought years ago have outlasted anything else I had. I never did get the scoop, but wished I had many times when making those mini muffins. Thanks for giving us the chance to win. My favorite thing to bake right now is Pumpkin bread. It makes your house smell delicious!
Have a wonderful week-end, and hope your cold gets better soon.
Blessings,
Karen

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Please count me in, Tammy! And thanks so much for stopping by!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Hi Tammy! Thanks for entering my giveaway!

My favorite subjects in school were Grammar & Spelling, by far! Fortunately both my big kids love them, too! :)

Juanita said...

My favorite is chocolate cram pie! I love anything chocolate! Thanks for the giveaway. Have a blessed day!
Juanita

Mocha with Linda said...

Congrats on the milestone!! Love my Pampered Chef things. The scoop is great!

Steve and Eden said...

I like the button.

Congrats on 350 posts on your blog!!

My favorite subject in school was science!

Please count me in!

Chris said...

That scoop would be great for making Chocolate Chip Cookies--my favorite baked good of all times.

Favorite baked good of the season--Apple Pie!

Daffodil Hill said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments at my blog! I really appreciate them. You have a wonderful blog that I look forward to reading often. : )

Cris said...

Wow Tammy! How fun 350 posts!!! My favorite Fall treat is... pumpkin pie! xoxo