
Aloha and welcome...
It's time to open our doors to the Ultimate Blog Party!
For those family and friends that aren't apart of Blogville, this is a time where some of us are introducing ourselves...hosting a little connecting blog party.
So...may I offer you some punch? Or a little cup of my children's apple juice, perhaps?
Let me start by saying just a little about myself...
And, no... I don't live in Hawaii. Sorry. But I have been there twice and the picture above is of my husband and I on our tenth anniversary. Our first time on the sands of Waikiki and Maui! (Not bad for two middle-agers over 40, huh? Funny, how this was just two years ago but I have to color my hair even more often now, and use industrial strength Oil of Olay...)
I use to say I wanted to move to Maui after our first romantic time there. Then we went back this past fall as a family where we endured an earthquake, sunburns, and rainstorms, all in the course of a week. I wrote about it in 3-parts here...but it's not for the faint-hearted.
I met my sweet husband on a blind date 14 years ago. Our love story is told in this post.
We have two little girls, ages 4 and 7 which I currently home school. They really keep me busy...but they truly can be the sweetest things ever sometimes!
As you can plainly see, we definitely do not live in Hawaii! We live the beautiful northwestern US...but believe it or not, this big snowfall last month was rare!Last year, we also added a new member to our family. A little Lab\Chow puppy girl named Mandy. She was a huge handful, and is just now settling down a bit. But she's...ahem...not so little anymore. Here she is when we first brought her home the day after Thanksgiving...

And here she is now...(taken today)

And that's just at five months!
Now that you've met my family, here's just a little more about who I am...
The reason I originally started blogging last May was two-fold:
First: I wanted to keep my friend and families updated. I use to send lots of e-mail updates and pictures, and I sometimes wondered if I was beginning to become annoying! So, I thought updating a blog with our "family doin's" would keep it simple.
Second: I love to write ...and have off and on ever since I was a small child. Even though I have always preferred writing stories, I thought this would also give me an outlet for expressing some of my thoughts.
What happened was this: I found a whole network of friends that have become very real and dear to me. It has been truly a blessing to meet such wonderful people...especially other Christian women.
I have no particular "style" that I can even figure out. It is just all over the board! Once in awhile, I feel that God gives me something of to share. Sometimes, from my own experience, such as in this post. Or even this one...about No TV day.
Maybe, it's just a little Christmas poem I wrote, borrowing shamelessly from Clement Moore...as in this case.
But no matter what style of post I end up writing, I love to read each and every reply...and sometimes getting to know the people behind those little replies.
I love all things nostalgic- especially old movies- and have another little blog listed on my sidebar.
And to find out more than you ever wanted to know about me, you can find it out on My 100th Post!
So...thank you so much for stopping by. Before you move on to the next little gathering, enjoy that last sip of punch and don't mind Mandy's barking....I put her in the crate to spare you from being pounced upon and I'll be letting her out soon. Please...don't worry that you spilled a drop of punch on the carpet. The carpet has seen so much worse is definitely not afraid!

God's blessings! And do come again!








51 comments:
Glad to see you at the party!! You have a beautiful family. Come on by my blog is you have time. This is a lot of fun. I've had almost 70 hits so far this morning!
What a wonderful party! I enjoyed your pictures, and you and your husband look so beautiful together.
I love Hawaii and keep telling my husband I need to go there again. It's just been so cold this winter and I need to be warm.
That's a wonderful introduction! Glad to meet you at the party.
I'm from Birmingham, England, and for nearly two years, I have written a satirical Journal based on Star Trek: TNG. I hope you'll join me there.
Hi, great party! I enjoyed your post with your old class picture, it sure brought back some memories! The clothes, the hair!! I've really had fun looking around your blog~
Good morning Tammy!
Lovely post, and I think I've read most of the links you shared. Can't remember how we connected, but I feel especially blessed to count you as a dear blogging friend!
(Can't believe how big the "puppy" has grown!) Goodness!!
xoxo
Party time! And oh, how I love a party. Sorry about that drop of punch, hopefully Mandy will get it up!
It sure is nice to blog and have developed many Christian friendships around the world because of it! Great times!
Take care!
I enjoyed getting to meet you! I hope you will stop by.
I love that photo of the two of you. And I loved your three-part series about that Hawaiian vacation. I thought it was great - you have to admit it was a lot more interesting than the average trip to Hawaii! LOL
Boy, Mandy's getting huge! Thank goodness she's settling down now and I'm still really glad you all decided to keep her. She looks like a great dog. Labs usually are.
Lovely party. And thanks for not getting upset over that juice I spilled on your fearless carpet. LOL
I love parties! Especially parties with lots of little people and dogs and chaos. And MOST especially parties with almost 500 guests that I don't actually have to clean for, cook for, entertain, or clean-up after!
So where did you say you can get this industrial strength oil of olay? :v)
Nice party and it's been fun attending as someone who stops by here daily for coffee anyway!
Happy Blog Party to you! :)
~Beki (I'm having a jewelry drawing for my guests. :) )
I LOVE labs...and chows so I think your cute doggy is definitely a keeper.
Thanks for a fun and colorful introduction (though as one who just threw a luau, I was waiting for some hula.... :-)
It was nice to visit your place. And thanks for visiting mine. Have fun at all the parties!
Judging by your 100 things about me, we have a lot in common! I loved Hawaii too--we were at Oahu for our 10th anniversary in 1999. I would love to go back and take the family. Thanks for stopping by! Have fun at the party!
Hi, Tammy! Good to meet you! You are welcome anytime at Journey To The Prize. You love to scrapbook? Me, too, but there is so little time for it. Thanks for inviting me and for the punch!
Just dropping by to visit your party! Thanks for the invite!
Take care!
Our youngest daughter we called Mandy. But as she grew, she insisted everyone call her Amanda.
A fine blog party post. A lovely anniversary picture, too!!!
( I wonder if we can buy that industrial strength oil of olay in 5 gallon tubs?)
Oh I always love stopping by here, and the picture is awesome =) The dog did grow fast!!
Thanks for the invitation, and I enjoyed learning more about you.
Really enjoyed your post and will be back for sure. I've been to Waikiki, too. I want to read all about your last trip there when i have more time.
Thanks so much for having us over! I think it's so neat that you and your husband met on a blind date! Now that's a story I have got to read - heading over to the link now to read it :)
Thanks for a lovely time Tammy. I love the picture of the two of you in Hawaii. It is a dream of ours to go there some day - preferably when they aren't having an earthquake :)
It was fun to get to know a bit more about you. Thanks.
Thaks for the fun time! I read your stories about Hawaii the second time. We hope to go back for our 35th this December (our first time was our 25th), and hope it's as magical as the first time.
Hey! We do have alot in common - I married old and had 2 kids even older (35 & 40!)
I loved your music and I'm adding you to my bloglines :-)
Keep writing and I'll keep reading...
It is such a blessing to meet other Christian women who have good marriages and love their children. It has truly been a rewarding experience for me. By the way did you realize you called me Linda again today! lol Kind of cute! I actually wanted to be called Lexi at one time but Pamela seems to work! lol
Hi Tammy, I just stopped by for a minute since you stopped by my place. It's been a crazy day here at our place...much blog-fodder I'm telling you, but now I'm too exhausted to think straight, so I'll be back to read some more later! I just wanted to let you know that I stopped by!
Hi Tammy! Yes, it's me. Thanks for stopping by earlier. Due to unforseen circumstances, I had to ditch the old blog and start a new one. Glad you found me again!
I loved the pictures. My Mandy has really grown since I saw her last at Christmas. I can't wait to see all of you, including Mandy next week.
A luau? Thank you so much for the punch. The little umbrella was just what Emily needed for the Little People! *Smile*
Hi There, so nice to meet you. Welcome to the party. You have a lovely place here. Swing by mine for food, fun, and maybe even a giggle or two. There is also a contest but ya better hurry, it ends at Noon tomorrow. Party On!
Loved the photos!
Happy Party! I enjoyed your post and will definitely be back to get to know you better. Our son is stationed in Hawaii and really enjoys it. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he decided to stay on once he gets out. We've not been there, but I'm definitely looking forward to visiting!
Have a blessed day and I'll be seeing you.
Hmmmm...did you spike that punch??? hehe Tammy, such a wonderful party you're hosting:-) I remember reading all those posts you linked...your last Hawaiian trip was quite "exciting"! lol Omigosh, I can't get over how much the puppy has grown!! Ok, ok, if you insist...I'll have another glass of that delicious punch! xoxo
Hi Tammy, nice to see you at the party. :) I love that picture of you and your husband - very nice!
thanks for visiting my site :)
you have a beautiful family. your lab is gorgeous too. love her color. see you around.
Hello Tammy! It's so nice to meet you!
You have a LOVELY family! And you have WAY more patience than I do. lol
You're a writer, eh? Small world! I've been writing all my life, too. Notice I didn't say it was any good. *grin*
Thanks for laying out the welcome mat and I promise to be careful with the punch. I'm rather, um, prone to clumsiness. (That sounds so much better than accident prone. lol)
Party on!
shalom!! so great to meet you!!! i'm from the north - north...canada! and our winter looks like the pic you posted. lots of snow!!
Would that be Hawaiian punch? Thanks!
Industrial strength Oil of Olay made me laugh. I've always called it Oil of Oldlady.
Enjoyed the party! Have a blessed week!
Swinging in for the party!!! Nice meeting ya.
My second party favor give-away has begun. When ya get a chance come on over and let's party!!!
Thanks for visitng me and inviting me over. I agree that there's just not enough time to make the rounds to everyone, but I'm so glad I stopped by. You have a beautiful family and I'll definitely be back to ge to know you better. Stop by my place anytime, but beware -- the little guy is teething and has been a cranky-pants lately.
Thanks for sharing, I love posts like this.
Hi - what a delight to meet you. I too like to write and that's why I started blogging, plus my husband encouraged it. I'm a pastor's wife and have 2 grown children. Thanks for sharing.
Its nice to meet you! Your family is adorable! How fun to be able to go to Hawaii twice. I hope to get there someday.
I hope you get a chance to stop by my place, id love for you to visit, and hang out for a while.
I just now got to your P-A-R-T-Y. Enjoyed it! I will NOT get to the 600....
I truly enjoyed this - felt like I knew so much more about you. Lovely photo of you and your husband too.
This was fun to read and get to know you better. I have enjoyed your blog for awhile, but I hadn't read all of this.
Sweet pictures!
Nice to meet you! I hope you're not too winded from chasing after your little ones! Thanks for visiting my blog the other day and leaving a comment -- I just love them! Have a blessed week.
Cute couple!
I loved your Hawaii vacation posts too.
Looks like the party was a huge success!
Just surfin the party! Nice to meet you! Party oN!
Aw handsome family!
Just stopping in for the party! Sorry I'm late!
Welcome to the blog party!
Linda
Hi nice to meet you
blessingsk
Hello! It's so nice to stop by and get to meet you =)
Your family is lovely.
Post a Comment