Saturday, March 31, 2007

Thinking Awards and other nice things...







In spite of a few minor set-backs in my little life this week (see post below) I have also had some nice surprises along the way, too.

First of all, I found out that I had been tagged for the thinking blogger award by my good friend, Susie. I just love her....and she said such very sweet things about me in this post.

I must say that it's always nice to be recognized for putting thought and sometimes our very hearts into a post. Not that every post is this way, but some are for me. I wish I could say they all trickled effortlessly from my fingertips to the keyboard, but some posts actually make me feel exhausted by the time I hit "publish" and I'm ready for a nice soak in the tub.
So many of you also put so much thought into your wonderful posts- and therefore, it's truly hard for me to pick just five other bloggers to award this to, in return.
Because that's what we are suppose to do...nominate five other bloggers and "pay it forward".

So...although this is nearly impossible and I want to name 50 instead...here's just five:

1) E-mom at Chrysalis
She has written some incredible "thinking" posts about so many topics. She has an endless supply of references and quotes, Scriptures for the topic, and fun pictures, too...I can honestly say that not only am I blessed whenever I stop by, I usually learn something, too!

2) Joyful Woman
She is a superb writer (a published one, at that) and has written so many posts that have caused me to think. She can be at times witty, poignant or inspirational...and if anyone deserves the Thinking Award, she is definitely one!

3) Susan at Learning for a Lifetime
I just met her through the Ultimate Blog Party and I just love how she speaks from her heart. She seems to have such a wise and caring heart, and I've been blessed each time I stop by!

4) Chris at Come to the Table
Another new blog friend, and she is even newer to me! But her posts also speak eloquently from the heart as she writes about parenting and growing in Christ.

5) Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee
Yet another new friend whom I met at that cool blogging party!
She is not only my exact age (we're starting a 40's club for this awkward, wonderful stage of life!) but she has an incredible talent for getting her point across by lacing it with humor. I just love her style!

So, there are my picks...and let me tell you, it was tough! Just know, if I read your blog at all, that means there is something about it- or you- I really, really like a lot!



The other nice surprise this week was finding a box on my doorstep. You see, I won Pea's One World HeART giveaway and my prize finally arrived!

I hurried and opened my box...

Isn't that cute? And then I lifted the lid...


I oohed and ahhhed... isn't this so incredibly beautiful? And to think it has chocolates inside, too...


And then I gave it a place of honor on my island counter, complete with petals from my camellia bush!
Thank you again, Pea!

And as for my previous post, let me just thank each of you who gave your own personal thoughts on the aging process and the "40's" in particular. It so helps to get those other perspectives- both those that are a bit more positive than my own at the moment...and those that can also relate. And those that are a little of both!

Oh, and yes, Mom...I know. Eye doctor and reading glasses soon...promise!
(Funny how moms are still your moms no matter how old
both of you get!)

I won't be posting again for a few days, but will be around to read your posts when I can. My husband has a couple days off and we're all heading to the mountain before the snow melts. I promise to bring my camera!

God bless and have a wonderful weekend!

18 comments:

Susan said...

Awwww, Tammy, how sweet of you!! I promise I'll pass it along as soon as I can type a post and do each "award recipient" justice. Have a GREAT day...and congrats on your prize..it's beautiful.

Hugs!!
:-) Susan

Ginger said...

Wow, I'm so tickled to be tapped by you as a thinking blogger. What an honor, Tammy! Thanks. And thanks for all the times you have posted things that have gotten me thinking as well. You are a blessing.

someone else said...

Congrats on your award! It really IS nice to have people appreciate what we pour our hearts into.

Have a great break time.

Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Hope you have a great time with your hubby!!! And I'm glad you had some nice surprises:)

Susie said...

Thanks for paying this forward Tammy!
The fun thing about this meme is that it gives us a nice little introduction to some bloggers who may be new to us!
Love the surprise from Pea. She's just the sweetest :)
Have a wonderful family time. Can't wait to see your pictures...
hugs!!

Dawn said...

That Pea has more fun surprising people, doesn't she? What a fun person she is. Congratulations - you definitely were one of the many I thought of as well. This has been fun, and I have to say I have not ready any of your five nominations - oh, dear, more good stuff to read - so many blogs, so little time!!

Linda said...

Congratulations Tammy. Every time I read one of these award posts I find new places I would love to visit. This had been a great meme.
Have a wonderful time at the mountains. Sounds great to me!!

Susannah said...

Tammy, you are SO generous! Thank you for thinking of me. I'm honored to be the recipient of this award.

You certainly deserve the kudos too. I thoroughly enjoy your blog --and I'm always impressed by the number of thoughtful commenters. Enjoy your mountain break this weekend (skiing?). Big HUGS!!!

e-Mom

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

Thanks Tammy! You are too kind.

Beck said...

Congratulations, Tammy! I'll get your five questions to you today!

Smalltown RN said...

That is so pretty is that one that Pea made...she is so thoughtful...and always puts such nice touches on things....

Hope you are having a grand day!

Karen said...

Congratulations, Tammy! I need to go read these you nominated now!
Blessings on your Palm Sunday!
Karen

ruth said...

SO glad that you will go see about the glasses. I have it in black & white for all the world to see. I'll have to visit your nominationas. I enjoy visisting but because of some physical problems, haven't been able to spend much time on the computer.

Tammy said...

Mom, haven't you heard about poetic license...? ;)

Lisa said...

Enjoy your trip! :o)

Cris said...

Tammy, I am almost reaching the 40's... in 2 years to be more precise but I have been learning so much from you, it's gotta be fun too... And the gift you received is so beautiful!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh thank you, Tammy. I don't think I deserve a thinking award, unless it's for weird thinking, but I'm so touched you thought of me. Have a great time with the family. Then hurry back to us.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhhhh shut up you jerk....onmly thing you need to do is take a good shit and wipe your ass with your hand ....now were's that pig shaina