But I wanted to share some extended family news...and if you're like me, you just can't hear enough good news these days!
This weekend my girls met their new little cousin. I think they must have liked her just a little, because an hour later they wanted to go back and visit her again. And I don't blame them!
Some of you might remember my telling you of our brother and sister in law who have been in the process of adopting a little girl. There's a story behind this whole thing, which I have mentioned once before.
You see...about 12 or 13 years ago, my other sister in law adopted two African American children (brother and sister) when she was just a young single woman in her 20's.
Quite the undertaking!
But since my husband is one of twelve children, all of whom live in the area and are fairly close-knit, she had ample extended family as support.
Sadly, however, the daughter had some major un-addressed issues...plus, got mixed up with her troubled birth family...along with many other factors. She pretty much left our extended family to go down a different path and have two unwed, unwanted pregnancies.
However, God has a way of working through things. The baby P and J are adopting is this girl's second baby girl, born 21 months ago.
So, do you all have this straight? A little confusing, I know...but there is no doubt to any of us that God had His hand in all of this. What the enemy meant for evil, God turned for good!
And as I mentioned once before...the icing on the cake is that while going through all of the paper work, they found out- that even though it was thought medically improbable, they would also be expecting their own little newborn bundle of joy- the old fashioned way! Their baby boy will be born this summer.
Talk about complete and unexpected joys!

After several long drives and visits to the foster home, P and J were able to take their new adopted daughter home last week. We are so praising God for this!
And since they live close, we were able to meet her this
weekend! She loved showing us her room! In fact, she's not only cute, but so bright and alert...and studious, too! She brought us book after book!
That's her new proud mommy on the left...who patiently reads to her over and over...and over.
I just had to share some of this good news with you all. Don't you just love it when God pours out His blessings in unexpected ways?
"Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow." James 1:17








28 comments:
We serve an awesome God! :o)
Congratulations on the two newest members of your family! *Hugga*
That's a very uplifting story! Your girls will have fun with their new cousin(s) :)
It's amazing sometimes the circular route life takes. It seems this child found her way to where she was meant to be. I've known several couples who got pregnant after adopting a child. Amazing how the needs of the child who was adopted had to be seen to before nature is allowed to take it's course.
What a grea story Tammy! God has a purpose for everything, we just need faith...
Such great news. There is good happening in this world, isn't there. God is good. He deserves all the praise.
What a little cutie! I can't wait till Kevin and Sema have kids - with her dark beauty and his blonde handsomness, they should be beyond adorable, too. Such good news.
Thank you so much for your kind words on today's post. I just erupted from my heart this morning!
How wonderful is this! The smile on this mom's face says it all! Thank you for sharing.
Congratulations on the new little cousin! God is so amazing isn't He!
Wow, what a wonderful story with a VERY happy ending or should I say beginning...
Thanks for sharing such wonderful news!
God Bless!
we a neat testament to the sovereignty of our awesome God! she's a beautiful addition to your family. :)
What an amazing story! God somehow always comes through with the details, doesn't He?
What a little cutie-pie! Congratulations to all of you!
How exciting!!! I am so happy for all of you.
That is an amazing story Tammy! And very good news, a new cousin is always fun.
How wonderful - two children when there were none before! God IS good!
God is SO GOOD! Praise! That is wonderful, awesome news. How exciting!
I am also excited about little "cutie pie" joining the family & hope I can meet her soon. The Lord is awsome to give P & J this double blessing.
How totally sweet. God's little surprises...who said He is not HIGHLY CREATIVE.
Hello dear Tammy...I'm trying to get caught up with everybody:-) I'm so glad you received my little parcel safely...enjoy!! Oh what wonderful news you shared with us today...we had a neighbour who had just adopted a little boy then found out she was pregnant:-) They do say God works in mysterious ways!! lol Best of luck to the happy family:-) Enjoy your trip!! xoxo
How awesome. It is such a happy thing to see children going to such loving homes. Congrats to your family. I know this has to be exciting! She's such a cutie, too!
What a wonderful God we serve! So neat how He works all things together for the good of those that love Him, isn't it?
Our God is soooooooooo good. Enjoy your nre little neice. Char
Congratulations, Auntie! She's adorable! and what a great story!
Great story for your family, Tammy! Thanks for letting us in on it. She is adorable!
That IS good news! Congratulations to the whole family! What a gift.
What a heartwarming happening for your family. God's best blessing on that family!
This is a wonderful story. I have heard of surprise miracle pregnancies happening before--just after adopting! I think it's great!
After reading your comment about my post on books, came over here, and appreciate the tour. Your part of our country is more than beautiful.
Thankful the little girl is surrounded by love, and thankful for a God who makes such good things, even out of mistakes.
Post a Comment