(Edited to add my little link in #1!)
A Marriage\Wedding Meme
1. Where/How did you meet?
We met on a blind date. We use to be so embarrassed to admit the details about this, but the whole story can be found here.
2. How long have you known each other?
We met on August 14th, 1993.
3. How long after you met did you start dating?
Um...0 seconds flat. It was a blind date, after all!

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
16 months.
5. How long was your engagement?
4 months...He was in the Navy and home on Leave when he officially proposed in December of '94. I had four months to plan a wedding- pretty much by all by myself- since he was in Tennessee during this time.
6. How long have you been married?
12 years on the 22nd!
7. What is your anniversary?
April 22, 1995
8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
I had to put together a wedding on a shoestring budget, so it was a fairly small affair. I'm not sure, but think it was around 100 or so.
9. What kind of cake did you serve?
A beautiful blue and white 2-tiered cake...
10. Where was your wedding?
Close to Salem, Oregon
11. What did you serve for your meal?
You know, I honestly can't remember this detail! I know there were some nibbles, though!
12. How many people were in your wedding party?
Only two groomsmen, two bridal attendants
13. Are you still friends with them all?
All except for my husband's friend, whom we simply lost contact with and we all moved too many times.
14.Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
He's not a crier...but he completely beamed!
15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
Because he was staying in Tennessee, we hadn't seen each other in almost two months...until I walked down the isle.
16.Any funny moments?
Well...one of them's a bit funny now...see next question:
17. Any big disasters?
a. Apparently no one saw this but me...when the groom and I were holding our candles preparing to light the Unity candle, the flame touched my veil, still over my face. It started smoldering, and of course....I'm feeling a touch of panic and embarrassment as I somehow extinguish the would-be flame. I glanced at my bridesmaids...they didn't have a clue. They told me later that they didn't even see it at all!
b. Another thing that happened was that my husband's father was late showing up...we held the ceremony up for him, and was just about to go ahead when he came in. He was in ill-health so I couldn't get mad at him! But it was a cause for more bridal anxiety.
c.The third disaster was that we supposedly had someone bringing hubby's camcorder, and another friend bringing a second one as back-up. Both people forgot them...I found this out just as we were getting ready to go down the isle! After feeling disappointed for a moment, my bridesmaids quickly did their duty and cheered me up just before their music started.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
No honeymoom...but we did drive to the Oregon coast.
19. How long were you gone?
Um...one night. One quick, fleeting little night before I had to take him to the airport the next day. He would fly back south, then on to Virginia where he'd secure our first apartment. So no husband for ten days following the wedding! Then, after ten long days, I was on a plane, flying clear across the country from my family and friends to start a new life!
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
I would be a little more adamant (in a nice way, of course) about what people would do and not do. I was just a little too mousy about it all.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Left, but I'm thinking of shaking things up a bit and making hubby trade.
22. What size is your bed?
Queen...(But don't get me started on our horrible sleep number mattress!)
On our 10th anniversary in Maui
23. Greatest strength as a couple?
We forgive each other when we fail.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? We're both stubborn!
25. Who literally pays the bills?
When hubby was in the Navy, I did it all...but he's done it now for years.
26. What is your song? The theme of the movie we saw on our blind date. The movie was "Sleepless in Seattle" and the song is "If I fall in Love..."
27. What did you dance your first dance to?
I'm ashamed to say I don't remember for sure...The reception was SO informal that we only danced a bit for the photographer. But I think it was the song just mentioned.
28. Describe your wedding dress:
Dipped neckline with see-through lace above and high collar. It "poofed" out just a little, like the Cinderella dress in my storybooks, and had a small train.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Pink and white with baby's breath.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Just my husband's.
31. How old were you when you got married?
I was 32- he was 34. And worth the wait!
In the rushing around of everyday life, it's so good to remember the beginnings of love. What brought us together...and that very special day when we promised God and one another to love each other for always.
So...I tag anyone who wants to do this meme!
We met on a blind date. We use to be so embarrassed to admit the details about this, but the whole story can be found here.
2. How long have you known each other?
We met on August 14th, 1993.
3. How long after you met did you start dating?
Um...0 seconds flat. It was a blind date, after all!

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
16 months.
5. How long was your engagement?
4 months...He was in the Navy and home on Leave when he officially proposed in December of '94. I had four months to plan a wedding- pretty much by all by myself- since he was in Tennessee during this time.
6. How long have you been married?
12 years on the 22nd!
7. What is your anniversary?
April 22, 1995
8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
I had to put together a wedding on a shoestring budget, so it was a fairly small affair. I'm not sure, but think it was around 100 or so.
9. What kind of cake did you serve?
A beautiful blue and white 2-tiered cake...
10. Where was your wedding?
Close to Salem, Oregon
11. What did you serve for your meal?
You know, I honestly can't remember this detail! I know there were some nibbles, though!
12. How many people were in your wedding party?
Only two groomsmen, two bridal attendants
13. Are you still friends with them all?
All except for my husband's friend, whom we simply lost contact with and we all moved too many times.
14.Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
He's not a crier...but he completely beamed!
15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
Because he was staying in Tennessee, we hadn't seen each other in almost two months...until I walked down the isle.
16.Any funny moments?
Well...one of them's a bit funny now...see next question:
17. Any big disasters?
a. Apparently no one saw this but me...when the groom and I were holding our candles preparing to light the Unity candle, the flame touched my veil, still over my face. It started smoldering, and of course....I'm feeling a touch of panic and embarrassment as I somehow extinguish the would-be flame. I glanced at my bridesmaids...they didn't have a clue. They told me later that they didn't even see it at all!
b. Another thing that happened was that my husband's father was late showing up...we held the ceremony up for him, and was just about to go ahead when he came in. He was in ill-health so I couldn't get mad at him! But it was a cause for more bridal anxiety.
c.The third disaster was that we supposedly had someone bringing hubby's camcorder, and another friend bringing a second one as back-up. Both people forgot them...I found this out just as we were getting ready to go down the isle! After feeling disappointed for a moment, my bridesmaids quickly did their duty and cheered me up just before their music started.
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
No honeymoom...but we did drive to the Oregon coast.
19. How long were you gone?
Um...one night. One quick, fleeting little night before I had to take him to the airport the next day. He would fly back south, then on to Virginia where he'd secure our first apartment. So no husband for ten days following the wedding! Then, after ten long days, I was on a plane, flying clear across the country from my family and friends to start a new life!
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
I would be a little more adamant (in a nice way, of course) about what people would do and not do. I was just a little too mousy about it all.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Left, but I'm thinking of shaking things up a bit and making hubby trade.
22. What size is your bed?
Queen...(But don't get me started on our horrible sleep number mattress!)
On our 10th anniversary in Maui23. Greatest strength as a couple?
We forgive each other when we fail.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple? We're both stubborn!
25. Who literally pays the bills?
When hubby was in the Navy, I did it all...but he's done it now for years.
26. What is your song? The theme of the movie we saw on our blind date. The movie was "Sleepless in Seattle" and the song is "If I fall in Love..."
27. What did you dance your first dance to?
I'm ashamed to say I don't remember for sure...The reception was SO informal that we only danced a bit for the photographer. But I think it was the song just mentioned.
28. Describe your wedding dress:
Dipped neckline with see-through lace above and high collar. It "poofed" out just a little, like the Cinderella dress in my storybooks, and had a small train.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Pink and white with baby's breath.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Just my husband's.
31. How old were you when you got married?
I was 32- he was 34. And worth the wait!
In the rushing around of everyday life, it's so good to remember the beginnings of love. What brought us together...and that very special day when we promised God and one another to love each other for always.
So...I tag anyone who wants to do this meme!








28 comments:
Hi Tammy,
I so enjoy reading love stories!
That must have been so exciting to see each other as you came down the aisle after being apart so long.
I keep thinking I'll do this meme (and I will when I find time!!)
hugs!!
I loved reading all the details of your wedding. I can't believe both people forgot the camcorders!
what a great meme! I think I did this one before, or something similar - will have to go back and check LOL
How neat that you're married 12 yrs later and it all came from a blind date!
This was so interesting to read! I loved it, Tammy
Hi Tammy!
Congrats on a dozen years with your hubby!
Jeanne
Love! Where would the world be without it? I enjoyed your sweet story. I believe I will give the meme a try.
Thank you for your sweet comments...
You know...I must be tired. But I came back to see that I had forgotten to add the link when I said the whole story could be found..."here". I just fixed it! :)
That brought back wonderful memories. I think the song is "When I fall in love,(not if) & I think the next line is "It will be forever" I love that song & that is the way love should be, forever. I'll have to check my CD & see which it is.
so sweet! I'll do this in June!
Oh!!! (wipes a tear away) That's just the sweetest story I've ever heard!
I went and read your blind date story too. Absolutely incredible. God is SO good!
Hello dear Tammy:-) Good thing I checked, Bloglines didn't let me know you had a new post up!! I so enjoyed reading your answers to this meme...I couldn't believe it when I read about the candle flame touching your veil and smoldering it...the same thing happened to me and nobody but me saw it! lol xoxo
Hi Tammy
I enjoyed reading your love story and it sounds like you both found your sole mate. I use to video tape wedding and I could tell you a story or two........Very good post......Sharon K
Aw, that was a great one. Loved all of it.
Thanks for visiting my WW today! I can't believe you only got to be together for one night! That would have been hard!
I'm SO GOING TO DO THIS ONE...but not until closer to our anniversary this summer. We're celebrating our 20th. Love all your answers.
:-) Congrats to you both.
Susan
Wow, you hadn't seen each other for two months on your wedding day? THat must have been magical!
Awww, so sweet! You mentioned your husband had been in the Navy and then you mentioned Virginia. You weren't in Va Beach or Norfolk were you? I'm born and raised Va Beach and you grabbed my attention, LOL.
Thanks for visiting my blog today! :o)
Oh, your story is so sweet and precious. I enjoyed this one very much! It reminds me alot of our wedding/first month with the military and the rush of it all! You two make a very beautiful couple:)
Happy anniversary coming up! I should do this one sometime, too. I love love love stories!
Fun to read Tammy! Hope y'all have a great anniversary this month.
Sometimes all the little things that happen or go wrong is what makes us remember it so well!
I may do this, either on the 14th of April, the day I met my husband or the 29th of May, our wedding date. I enjoyed reading your answers :)
I loved reading this, Tammy. I held my breath at your veil almost going up in flames and it made me sad that you only had the one night together before he had to leave. My word, this is a romantic post. I'll bet you loved doing it.
I love this meme--I want to do it on our anniversary. How great that you have a good blind date story. You rarely hear of those going well--much less leading to marriage! Great pictures! Yes, my dream was strange--and I didn't eat a thing before going to bed! I did have fried chicken and banana pudding for supper at the church tough! How cool that you just picked the croceting back up! I really do want to learn--maybe the Lord will lead me to someone soon! Thanks for your sweet comments.
I'm thinking that #23 is a good idea for any of us! Thanks for sharing!
Hi Tammy,
That was so fun to read. Congrats on your anniversary next week. We hit #12 in January.
I really enjoyed reading that! Thanks for sharing!
Hi Tammy. Thanks for visiting my blog. Sorry I've been a little busy this past weekend and wasn't able to visit.
Advance Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. You're a lovely couple. I enjoyed reading the meme. It's great that forgiveness is a key to your strong relationship. I agree that there is no perfect relationship and sometimes we fail at some things. But when we have the heart to forgive and understand, things always get better. Sorry to hear about some "disasters" that happened. I'm so glad that you were able to put out the flame immediately. It's good that your father-in-law arrived despite being late. Thanks for sharing the rest of those interesting details.
Have a great week ahead.
Thanks for sharing about your wedding. Now I feel I know you and your family a little better!
Post a Comment