Saturday, April 21, 2007

Randomized ... Part 2

I was randomized not once...but twice this past week! Here's my second list of questions, written by one of my great new friends, Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee. I was a little nervous about the kinds of questions Linda would come up with...she's so smart and sassy and all. But these were do-able. And after admitting in my last randomization the milking dog incident, I figure I have nothing left to hide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. What is one thing you'd like to do but do not have the courage to do? And why don't you do it? What's the worst that could happen, anyway??

Since I've always been a writer-wannabe (as in stories) I guess finally finishing the novel that I stopped writing when I was nearly done would be the answer. I blame time as a factor...yet I have time for blogging, don't I? So maybe I need to just dive in and finish it. Then start sending it off. And the worst that could happen....?

Big Fat Rejection!!!

OK... I think the regret of not ever finishing it and sending it off would outweigh any rejection. So this question was actually very good for me! (Thank you, Linda!)


2. Describe your worst date. Did your poor fellow know it was your worst date? What did you learn about yourself from this experience?

They are all a blur, actually. One that comes to mind isn't very dramatic...just awful in that "will it ever end?" kind of way. Kind of the opposite of a wonderful date when "time stands still".
He was someone that a friend or relative tried relentlessly to fix me up with. And I knew he was not the kind of person I could ever be remotely interested in. He wasn't a bad person at all, just not the guy I wanted to hang out with...nor be the father of my children.

I gave in to whoever was pestering me (as I said, it's all a blur...I must have blocked it all out)
For the "date" we didn't even go anywhere. He came to my house. (Or actually my mom's house, where I was living.) It was a less than exciting evening.


We watched a movie on my VCR.
He talked on and on about his favorite sports, tractor-pulling and monster truck
shows.
I kept watching the clock and smiling politely.


Yes, I think he had a clue that I wasn't interested when he asked me out as he was leaving and I told him that I'd rather "just be friends".

I later heard he got married even before I did, to some nice girl who loves seeing huge trucks mash over little ones every single Saturday night.
(There are certainly worse ways to spend an evening...but for me, well...it's just hard to think of what they would be...)

So glad I finally found my Mr. Right and he took me out of circulation! (Tomorrow's our 12th anniversary...Love you, Sweetie!)

3. You are at a nationally televised Presidential White House press conference as part of the press corps. President Bush calls on you because you are waving your hand around like a wild woman. You stand, but suddenly, your heart races, your mouth dries, and you're seeing stars. You can't remember your brilliant question or utter a single syllable. The only thing you are able to do is sing. Remaining silent is not an option. What will you sing and why?

It might have to be the funny song my husband found on the computer soon after he was elected...(and yes, we voted for him!)
It's to the tune of the rap song, "Who let the dogs out?"

"Who's in the White House....Bush! Bush! Bush!"

4. If you were named "Supreme Blogging Commander of the Official World Wide Webbings of Intranets" or some such other prestigious title, what is the first rule you would lay down as non-negotiable?

No foul language and lurkers are required to actually reply...even if it's just by typing a little smiley face. :)

5. What's your favorite color? NOT!!! Instead: You are hiring someone for a position in your company. Never mind which position. It's just your job to hire the best candidate and then tell your superior why you chose that person. If you choose unwisely, you get fired. The pressure is on. Which one will you choose?

A. Candidate A brought her Ipod and said she could listen to you and the music at the same time.

B. Candidate B challenged you to an arm wrestling match.

C. Candidate C threw up on your desk and immediately started asking questions about the job, like nothing had happened.

D. Candidate D stated that if he were hired, he would demonstrate his loyalty by having your corporate logo tattooed on his forearm.

So which one is it? Why?

OK, C is just yucky...I know they couldn't help it but I would be too grossed out and too bewildered over their lack of proper embarrassment. Not quite human, there...
I'd have to go with Candidate D. Nothing like team spirit!

OK...this was fun! My second one I did this week, and not so painful, after all!

Only two people took me up on my last offer for me to "randomize" them...so this is your last chance...any more takers? I'll be putting my questions together this weekend and posting them soon!

***************************************************

We're having a lazy day today. My sweet husband is sick with some kind of bug, and the girls are wore out from their busy week...and it's raining.
I'm hoping my sweetie will feel better tomorrow for our anniversary...poor baby!
I'm so behind in reading all of your posts, and hope to catch up off and on today...

Have a good weekend, everyone!

19 comments:

Susie said...

My, she put some real thought into those questions. Your answers were so funny and creative, that I agree you must finish your novel!!
hugs!!

Linda said...

You did a great job with those questions. I love the song for the president one. I don't think I'm nearly clever enough to tackle this one.
Have a relaxed, restful weekend.

Barb said...

Great answers, Tammy. I thought #3 and #5 were hard!

Happy Anniversary a day early. If it ever stops raining here and warms up a little, I'm spending tomorrow working in the yard. So Happy Anniversary. Hope you two have something very special planned. And I hope hubby feels well enough to enjoy it.

Susan said...

Great answers, Tammy! I haven't heard that version of "Who let the dogs out?" That's funny. I say GO FOR IT with the writing thing...I once heard an author speak and they asked him how he got accepted, he said, "I licked the 42nd stamp!" His manuscript had been rejected 41 times!!

:-) Susan

Pamela said...

you reminded me of the worst date I ever had.

It was in the early 70's.... i was a single mother. This guy asked me out and I can't remember at all where where we were headed. He "forgot" something at his house and invited me in while he "looked for it."

The first thing he asked me is if he could "spank" me. I said, "Uh... excuse me" and walked out the door and walked home. Needless to say I never heard from him again and that was fine by me.

So monster trucks sounds like alot less traumatic than some perverts fantasy.

whew.

groovyoldlady said...

That was a fun read. I can't wait to see what you torture me with!

Beck said...

You're so funny! I loved your answers.
And I think we went on the same awful date with Mr. Monster Truck. Sigh!

Tricia said...

You can randomize me!!! : )

I want to encourage you to finish your book, Tammy. I really enjoy your blog and I think you are a great writer.

Christie Belle said...

This one was very interesting and well thought out:) Happy Anniversary tomorrow! I hope your dear hubby feels better!

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

I met a Christian author last year who told me she received over 150 rejections before she was published. She has now written 4 Christian novels!

Myrna said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you should go for it with the novel. Who knows, you may be one of those writiers who gets a yes the first time! You won't know if you don't put it out there to be read!

Henny Penny said...

Yes, please do finish your novel! I have a feeling that even though it may be rejected, you will feel like you have accomplished something.

Okay, I've never done this before... Randomize me! LOL

CG said...

Questions and answers..a great way to get to know someone. Thanks Tammy for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

I love your answers, Tammy. Especially number 1. I think that would have to be my answer as well. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! Congratulations! In our world today, this celebration is indeed a wonderful testimony to all.

God bless!

Looney Mom™ said...

Wow. Those are some BIG questions. Uhmmm... just leaving a smily. :) LOL!

Tammy said...

this is the second blog I've been to today with these questions...I didn't leave a comment on the last one because I was afraid I'd be chosen...teehee!
I loved your answers!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You are AWESOME! I agree with you on the hiring thing, but the most popular answer was the throwing up thing. Ew.

ruth said...

Wishing you both a Happy Anniversary. Hope my "son feels better so that you both can enjoy the day. I was trying to remember who that horrible date was with. Evidently I wasn't impressed with him either as I don't remember it.
My sis & bro. in law set me up with a blind date once. He definitly was not my type & one date was enough.

gail@more than a song said...

Some hard questions there!
Hope your anniversary was a good one!